Lost in Space (NETFLIX) Season 2

I am going to try to get started on it this weekend.

I don’t watch a ton of Netflix, so I didn’t remember it came back the other day.

I watched all of it the last couple of nights.

Really solid season. I thought it was better than the first.

I’m guessing there’s going to be a third season based on that ending...

Having finished S2 a few days back, I have to say that Parker Posey continues to amaze me as Dr. Smith. Once again, we have an actor that brings a lot to the table as Dr. Smith, not an easy feat considering how iconic Johnathan Harris was and what a good job that Gary Oldman did in the movie version. I feel that Parker Posey's Dr. Smith is a very nuanced character that's not entirely but is most definitely quite selfish and, to a degree, cowardly but has a small kernel of good in her.

Having finished S2 a few days back, I have to say that Parker Posey continues to amaze me as Dr. Smith. Once again, we have an actor that brings a lot to the table as Dr. Smith, not an easy feat considering how iconic Johnathan Harris was and what a good job that Gary Oldman did in the movie version. I feel that Parker Posey's Dr. Smith is a very nuanced character that's not entirely but is most definitely quite selfish and, to a degree, cowardly but has a small kernel of good in her.
How does she go from a 'about to be crushed' spacesuit, where it pops off or blows off of her in a decompressed room, to magically being able to sneak aboard the jupiter with kids, which, i believe at the time, was in flight?

How does she go from a 'about to be crushed' spacesuit, where it pops off or blows off of her in a decompressed room, to magically being able to sneak aboard the jupiter with kids, which, i believe at the time, was in flight?
Who knows, I'm sure they'll explain it next season.

The Jupiter was still docked after she...died/didn’t die.

So I did enjoy the season overall... but a couple of things bugged me:

1) The whole Scarecrow story line. So Will, Penny and Robot saved him, just so that he could die a noble death protecting them at the end?

2) If I was a colonist, I'd be pissed because Will's actions directly caused the alien robot attack and the destruction of the Resolute and made the whole mutiny and saving the colonists on the planet a moot point.

Like what the hell?

Better than season one, they did a better job of dealing with their villain problem, namely season one‘s Dr Smith not having any redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Not perfect plot wise, but entertaining.

So, can the any of the Robinson’s go five consecutive minutes without a huge crisis?

1) The whole Scarecrow story line. So Will, Penny and Robot saved him, just so that he could die a noble death protecting them at the end?

2) If I was a colonist, I'd be pissed because Will's actions directly caused the alien robot attack and the destruction of the Resolute and made the whole mutiny and saving the colonists on the planet a moot point.

Like what the hell?

I was pretty confused by #1 here as well.

Like what the hell?
Either way, she lost her suit or took it off in a room exposed to space and then had to make it down a level or two and around to get into the ship. Going out the opposite door would seem to be even a longer path as well. Be nice it they showed us a plausible method of escape that could have been taken...

Didn't take them long to renew for S2 last year. Hopefully same thing this year. Though, i'm not sure i give that ending as a writer if i think i'm not coming back...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back