Lost in Space movie robot

Thanks I'm glad you dig it. I managed to find the deluxe rc movie robot boxed away in my parents house. brought it home and now i want to give it a worn paint job and add some lights onto it. I want to be able to add some other cool stuff inside of just not sure what?

hope others can add any other pics or info about the robot in this thread :)

does anyone know if there's ever been a studio scale model or maquette produced of this robot? I'm trying to find a larger model kit then the kit available to build.

not even sure if one exists at all. Im hoping to make a larger version of the robot so i can mobilize it and add some electronics on it.

Found this amazing site from one of the builder of the Large robot from the film. I can't link the images for some reason but the link has lots of awesome build information and on set photos. really worth a check, this is like heaven to me :)

micromagic systems

There was a 'Making of' book & a movie tie-in magazine published. I don't think either one's stellar, but if you are a completist ...

There was a old show back in like 96' called "Movie Magic", they had a episode that featured the robot and all the electronics and stuff about it, awesome video and info, I cant find it anymore, here is a episode of the show though, if anyone could find the clips im talking about of the robot I would owe ya big time!!!

YouTube - Movie Magic Models and Miniatures

im going to have to spend some time tomorrow to find this video somehow. I would love to see that, I was always surprised why they never had any of those "HBO first look" making of documentaries about this film. for its time, seemed very high tech to me :)

Im starting to be notorious for bumping this ghost thread but I wanted to share a little dumb project Ive wanted to do for some years now. Took the deluxe toy version of the robot and made it wireless, made it faster and added some nice lights to it. it's not anything high tech but I always liked this toy since I was a kid and thought I could spruce it up :)

2u7rm0k.jpg

quick video of it in action lol
View My Video

It's dumb i know, I just really like this robot :)

got a little more work done in it and installed a stereo speaker kit into it. really glad i spent a few hours on this today. maybe I will paint it for a better look :)

50i33r.jpg

Hey, there! I'm new to this forum, but this thread is the reason why I joined. I LOVE the Lost in Space movie. Of course, I'm not so much a fan of the movie itself (It was one of the movie's computer games that got me into Lost in Space), but I loved the two Robots, as well as Bruce Broughton's musical score for the film. :)

My favorite version of the Robot is the rebuilt version, but I like Big Blue as well. :thumbsup

Your robots look cool, Algiarept! I like the Remote Control mod on your toy, and the model looks good so far, my only critique being the seemingly backwards, zig-zaggy elbows on the blaster arms. Do you have any updates? I'd love to see your progress so far.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back