Lost in Space movie robot

Dont see much from this film for sale.There was a guy at one of the Memorabilia events selling bits from the launch pad miniature ( gantry parts ), and I have one of the twelve upside down 'towers' which hung under the launchpad which can be seen on screen as the camera pans around before and on Jupiters launch.Think a lot of stuff got skipped as it was a very big model.

I own about half of one of the rubber treads from the robot. I haven't a clue what to do with it though.

P1050395.jpg

P1050397.jpg

Gregg

Last edited:
That is by far one of the sexiest things I have seen all day sir, I tip my hat off to you Robot prop owner. Seriously, even if its just a tread, its beautiful.

I completely forgot about this, but like 2 or so years ago i was obsessed with this robot so much that i tried to build my crappy version of it.

aside from the kit version, which im trying to find some pics of, the other robot i made out of the large robot toy that came out. Sadly, during a move last year the robot just fell apart, i had at work for sometimes too and everyone got a kick out of it lol.

It had a wireless camera with led's everwhere and a 150DB siren and full 6-way tread action. i really really like that robot :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/maurobalcazar#p/a/u/2/LJl_kghHDso

ahh, i remember that, i was going to bid on that one or a similiar piece on ebay while i was in college. was a while back tho, i def missed it the auction. thats the part of the pincer, very beautiful!

Hey Run Runner, would you post some of the other pieces you have from the film. Would be great to see.

I worked at ellstree years ago on a couple of projects, a company called weird and wonderfull was on the lot and they had a couple of the robot props as well as the ABC robot and loads more props, couldn't take pics but got to have a good luck at it

wow frosty, i would have loved to be in your shoes. was the robot monstrously big? did it make a lot of noise? i could only imagine how menacing it must have looked.

Here are the other Lost in Space Movie items I have.

Original Security Guard uniform.

p1010152wa1.jpg

Maureen's vest.

p1010140gc6.jpg

Penny's Cryosuit.

p1010099p.jpg

Some original badges. Don West rank pin, a.s.o.m.a.c. badge, Jupiter 2 badge from the vest.

p1010421.jpg

Some replica Jupiter Mission badges pulled from an original.

p1010414h.jpg

Stunt weapons.

p1010430d.jpg

I did a very limited run of kits of the Robinsons laser pistol several years ago. I made the kit so you could replace short barrel with the longer rifle barrel. I never got around to molding the longer barrel and fore grip. About ten of the kits had metal cast flash hiders.

lismovieboxart.jpg

p1010427ao.jpg

lismoviepistol.jpg

I was working on the Don West laser and rifle. Here are some pictures of my second prototype. It still needs a few tweeks to get it right.

p1010442c.jpg

westrifleproto1.jpg

wow, those are amazing. i would so be intersted in some of those. they are beyond amazing quality. nice collection sir!!

ahh,, i just came back from "highway hobby" in New Jersey and they had the robot kit already built and painted on sale for 15 dolars. wasn't sure to get it or not.

Not sure if this is much help but one of the main guys behind the build of the Lost robot was Matt Denton.
http://www.hexapodrobot.com/index.html

Hes built some pretty cool stuff- there is a lot of his progress on youtube, I met him at 'Monster Mash' where we were exhibiting....he had the hexapod robot there- it was amazing.
He was a really nice guy so I am sure if you ask politely he might be able to help, nothing ventured, nothing gained !
He did, however say it was absolute hell on earth to make the robot, so his memories may not be fond ones!
D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back