lost boys MARKO jacket replica!

It would be pretty much impossible to make an exact replica. Even the Vinnytats jacket, as awesome as it is, has MANY things I could point out that are not correct. BUT there are many things that are right and I think he really nailed it. The most obvious would be the incorrect repo patches. All the jackets are different, and you cannot see all the jackets in their entirety, so your left with trying to look at them all to get an idea. Like I said, I didn't like that the movie jackets patches hung over so much so hung mine over a little less.
Don't sweat the small stuff, take your time, and most importantly try to have fun. BTW I'm now working on a 3rd one
Are you really? That's awesome! What are you going to do with it?

Alex Winter is coming to Chicago in August if anyone wants to go get their jacket signed. I know I won't miss this opportunity!!!
Screenshot_20220312-091229_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220312-091305_Chrome.jpg

I just noticed that the collar piece in this pic of Marko has a thin line of the red from the tapestry on the bottom of it.
Some do some don't, his screen used jacket did. My tapestry had a white line where the red should have started from a crappy print. They printed those tapestries in stages and alot of time they were off. The errors are most noticeable in her face with the eyes, nose, and mouth being off and making her look like a mutant. If you can do yours with the red line go for it.

I would have to cut into my tapestry and it's one of those with the messed up faces so I wasn't going to use it. I was going to use the version we had going here from contrado, but I was reading that it's too small? I like it better. So, I don't know what I'm going to do now. I like the red line. LOL

I would have to cut into my tapestry and it's one of those with the messed up faces so I wasn't going to use it. I was going to use the version we had going here from contrado, but I was reading that it's too small? I like it better. So, I don't know what I'm going to do now. I like the red line. LOL
It's about an inch too small over all. The black leopard strip is also too small and incorrect, but the lady on the back and the collar piece are both okay. The face on mine looks like crap too.
20210715_160616_2 (1).jpg
20210718_164941_2.jpg
Resized_20210705_151336_5.jpeg

The border on my tapestry is the wrong color, but I have some scrap of the right one that I'll be able to use for the collar, and I'm going to try to finagle the small strip of red on it at the bottom.

Turns out I bought the wrong leopard tapestry in that the sky is red and not blue. I took a high res pic of the corner part that I need and photoshopped it blue and I'm going to have a go at Contrado printing it on either the plush velvet or shimmer velvet. Have any of you used the black border they offer on any copies of tapestries? Obviously, if I didn't use that option it wouldn't have the border it needs.
leopard corner edit.jpg

Turns out I bought the wrong leopard tapestry in that the sky is red and not blue. I took a high res pic of the corner part that I need and photoshopped it blue and I'm going to have a go at Contrado printing it on either the plush velvet or shimmer velvet. Have any of you used the black border they offer on any copies of tapestries? Obviously, if I didn't use that option it wouldn't have the border it needs.
View attachment 1563675
The problem with that idea is you will have white roots. The ink does NOT go down into the bedding. FYI

1651203160518.jpeg

I went ahead and tried it on the velvet shimmer material and it came out really nice. I had scraps of this tapestry I'd bought years ago from Vinny with the border on it, so I cut it and am sewing it on the edges that need it. I think it looks awesome. The only time you can see any white roots is if you fold it in half, which won't be an issue on the shoulder. I haven't had any luck finding another tapestry and they won't go much lower on eBay for the backward ones. I'm not paying $50-60 just to use one small corner of it. LOL

View attachment 1570179
I went ahead and tried it on the velvet shimmer material and it came out really nice. I had scraps of this tapestry I'd bought years ago from Vinny with the border on it, so I cut it and am sewing it on the edges that need it. I think it looks awesome. The only time you can see any white roots is if you fold it in half, which won't be an issue on the shoulder. I haven't had any luck finding another tapestry and they won't go much lower on eBay for the backward ones. I'm not paying $50-60 just to use one small corner of it. LOL
Yeah, I have to say that did come out pretty darn good. I find it a bit humorous that those sellers on ebay are trying to get so much for those "wrong facing" leopard tapestries because they saw that people were paying those prices for the "correct facing" ones. Little do they know why, they're gonna be waiting awhile. The incorrect ones used to sell for like $20-40.

Fun fact. There was a famous actor named Jack Mower who did many movies. The "David" jacket being auctioned off at the Prop Store has a studio tag sewn into it with the name "Jack Mower", which leads me to believe it was a repurposed jacket from the movie studio's wardrobe. I have no proof of this, but it makes sense. Actually he looks like he's wearing the EXACT jacket in one of the pictures!
Screenshot_20220610-075552_Google.jpg
914628.jpg
914623.jpg

Last edited:
Well I contacted the Prop Store and inquired about any designer/ maker names in the "David" and "Paul" jacket and unfortunately came up empty handed. The Prop Store was kind enough to get back to me and answer my question, but it appears the jackets original labels were removed.
Screenshot_20220613-124435_Email.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back