lost boys MARKO jacket replica!

I believe it's something close to this...
Capture+_2021-06-11-21-14-19_2.png
20200630_125320.jpg
20200630_125320~3.jpg

Last edited:
Before you start cutting PM me, I can tell you things to look out for if you want. I used pinstripe masking tape to lay out my cut lines first so I knew exactly how I wanted to cut it. Like for example, the leopard is cut at an angle at the top NOT straight across, and make sure there is some blue sky left around the ear. For some reason I struggled with that on both jackets. Also the back left piece from the peacock that has the building, there is two ways to do that depending on what direction your peacock faces. That also applies to the tail feathers on the arm, there is two ways for that too.
Yes!! I will definitely be picking your brain when it comes to it. I've noticed that on one jacket a piece of tapestry hangs down lower than the rest on one side, but on others it isn't as predominant. Debating that also. I won't be putting it together until I have everything that I need for it and I'm still collecting in pieces as money comes. Also having patches and what not redone.

Yes!! I will definitely be picking your brain when it comes to it. I've noticed that on one jacket a piece of tapestry hangs down lower than the rest on one side, but on others it isn't as predominant. Debating that also. I won't be putting it together until I have everything that I need for it and I'm still collecting in pieces as money comes. Also having patches and what not redone.
Don't look at fan jackets, most are NOT correct, look at the real jackets. The only fan jacket that is almost perfect is Vinnytats and even his has some very small mistakes. The piece that your referring to that hangs down is the little building from the peacock and there are two versions of this depending on the direction of the peacock tapestry. Which way does your peacock face?

Last edited:
Don't look at fan jackets, most are NOT correct, look at the real jackets. The only fan jacket that is almost perfect is Vinnytats and even his has some very small mistakes. The piece that your referring to that hangs down is the little building from the peacock and there are two versions of this depending on the direction of the peacock tapestry. Which way does your peacock face?
I have pictures of one of the screen used jackets when it was on ebay that I reference a lot. I also have an extensive collection of photos and still shots from the movie that I study. This is my peacock tapestry. :)

Attachments

• peacock.jpg
    peacock.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 91
I have pictures of one of the screen used jackets when it was on ebay that I reference a lot. I also have an extensive collection of photos and still shots from the movie that I study. This is my peacock tapestry. :)
Page 26 post 508 show how to do the different back pieces. Your feather arm piece has his foot on the bottom and the building back piece looks like this for your tapestries orientation if I'm not mistaken.
Alas-the-mystical-and-gorgeously-elaborated-jacket-worn-by-Alex~2.jpg
Markojacket~2.jpg
The-Lost-Boys--Marko-jacket-replica-1_2~2.jpg

Last edited:
For the front piece make sure to get the blue flower and part of the blue pond. The tapestry is gonna have to hang down over the bottom of the jacket a little to fit so make sure the leopard hangs over the bottom too otherwise they will be off a little from each other in the front. We're talking like 1/2" overhang.

Also, this is another tricky area on the right shoulder that I struggled with, and was actually done a couple of different ways on the movie jackets.
This second jacket I'm doing I attempted to do the movie jacket way.
pinterest_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqHTvb9Ym4L0cdWmoOHBwKhnb7QL3dqJZZ0dzhUV7IZjU~2.jpg
20210620_104508.jpg

526CF48C-D0C2-48D7-8796-E7685129C004.jpeg
I just paid for my cheetah tapestry I won on eBay. I have the matador but it’s the stunt one, I have just stitched it on for now, but will probably swap it out for the proper one at some point, or I’ll just make the stunt version jacket

I have taken pockets off and button, just need to takes pocket off other side, buttons and trim,this is the matador I have and it’s not correct for the hero jacket, but I will make it more accurate as I go

Attachments

• CAE05771-5DF0-4C97-AD4C-B5DA7F90F4B5.jpeg
    CAE05771-5DF0-4C97-AD4C-B5DA7F90F4B5.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 105
View attachment 1478265I just paid for my cheetah tapestry I won on eBay. I have the matador but it’s the stunt one, I have just stitched it on for now, but will probably swap it out for the proper one at some point, or I’ll just make the stunt version jacket
Unfortunately you'll still need the hero matador for the bull on the sleeve to be facing the correct direction. They typically sell for about $50, but you can find one for about $30 if you wait long enough.

I have taken pockets off and button, just need to takes pocket off other side, buttons and trim,this is the matador I have and it’s not correct for the hero jacket, but I will make it more accurate as I go
I wouldn't sew anything on until you get ALL the tapestries otherwise your gonna totally screw yourself. You need to pin the pieces on to get proper placement and without your peacock you can't know placement of the matador.

I wouldn't sew anything on until you get ALL the tapestries otherwise your gonna totally screw yourself. You need to pin the pieces on to get proper placement and without your peacock you can't know placement of the matador.
I have the hero matador on standby, saw one on eBay and told him I’d have it off him I get paid end of the month and he took it off and is holding it for me.
weather he will keep to that who knows, but he has taken it off for now so that’s cool. Does the hero only need the hero matador? Yeah the stunt jacket is a ball ache there isn’t much on that tapestry you can use.
right ok that’s good advice. Did you start with your peacock tapestry first then?
have you got some photos of your jacket being built?

I have the hero matador on standby, saw one on eBay and told him I’d have it off him I get paid end of the month and he took it off and is holding it for me.
weather he will keep to that who knows, but he has taken it off for now so that’s cool. Does the hero only need the hero matador? Yeah the stunt jacket is a ball ache there isn’t much on that tapestry you can use.
right ok that’s good advice. Did you start with your peacock tapestry first then?
have you got some photos of your jacket being built?
Page 29 post 570. But I don't claim to be an expert on the jacket. I would study photos of the two real jackets, images of Marko, and the Vinnytats jacket and draw you own conclusions. I used 1/4" painters tape to mark out my cut lines first so I knew exactly where to cut. I can tell already from looking at your matador it looks like you cut off too much at the top but it will be okay because part of the peacock will cover that part. Alot of the pieces overlap except a few places. If you want, when you go to cut your peacock and leopard, lay out your cut lines with the 1/4" painters tape and PM me with photos before you make your cut if you want me to double check your cuts before you make them. The pieces need to be bigger than you really want and over hang because otherwise when it frays then it will be too short. I started with the front and worked my way to the back, and then the sleeves. You need to pin stuff on first to get proper placement. I have highly recommended to people to buy a cheap form off ebay if they don't have one. You can get a plastic male torso mannequin off ebay for about $50. Also buy a tape measure if you don't already have one.
Screenshot_20210725-081535_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210725-081810_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Page 29 post 570. But I don't claim to be an expert on the jacket. I would study photos of the two real jackets, images of Marko, and the Vinnytats jacket and draw you own conclusions. I used 1/4" painters tape to mark out my cut lines first so I knew exactly where to cut. I can tell already from looking at your matador it looks like you cut off too much at the top but it will be okay because part of the peacock will cover that part. Alot of the pieces overlap except a few places. If you want, when you go to cut your peacock and leopard, lay out your cut lines with the 1/4" painters tape and PM me with photos before you make your cut if you want me to double check your cuts before you make them. The pieces need to be bigger than you really want and over hang because otherwise when it frays then it will be too short. I started with the front and worked my way to the back, and then the sleeves. You need to pin stuff on first to get proper placement. I have highly recommended to people to buy a cheap form off ebay if they don't have one. You can get a plastic male torso mannequin off ebay for about $50. Also buy a tape measure if you don't already have one.View attachment 1478936View attachment 1478937
Awesome I appreciate that and I will do, thanks for the heads up, out of curiosity on your lines that you have marked out is it in side the line you’d cut the pieces? Outside the line or through the middle of the yeh painters tape? Looks to me like it’s going n the inside of the tape?
Also on your cheetah tapestry you have included the black boarder on the bottom but you have also drawn a line above the black boarder on the picture, should I include the boarder?

Just a reminder to everyone, the movie jacket was a medium. So if you're making a jacket of a different size you will need to make "creative" adjustments in cutting your tapestries. All of the real movie jackets were different so there is room for interpretation.

Last edited:
Awesome I appreciate that and I will do, thanks for the heads up, out of curiosity on your lines that you have marked out is it in side the line you’d cut the pieces? Outside the line or through the middle of the yeh painters tape? Looks to me like it’s going n the inside of the tape?
Also on your cheetah tapestry you have included the black boarder on the bottom but you have also drawn a line above the black boarder on the picture, should I include the boarder?
On the leopard, the black outer seam is not cut off on the left behind the leopards tail, under the body, and the little rectangle has black seams on two sides. To the right of the head don't cut off too much because when it frays it will be the short. The pieces hang OVER the edge of the jacket NOT sewn to the edge. The cuts on the three main pieces are butted up against each other. Here is my advice to EVERYONE, collect as many photos of the jacket as you can and STUDY them! Lay out your cut lines with tape. Take a tape measure and measure the area on your jacket being covered BEFORE cutting to make sure the piece of tapestry will fit correctly. Then pin the pieces on and hang your jacket on the mannequin body before sewing to check proper placement.

Last edited:
On the leopard the only outer black seam not cut off from my understanding would be on the left behind the leopards tail. To the right of the head don't cut off too much because when it frays it will be the short. The pieces hang OVER the edge of the jacket NOT sewn to the edge. The cuts on the three main pieces are butted up against each other. Here is my advice to EVERYONE, collect as many photos if the jacket as you can and STUDY them! Lay out your cut lines with tape. Take a tape measure and measure the area on your jacket being covered BEFORE cutting to make sure the piece of tapestry will fit correctly. Then pin the pieces on and hang your jacket on the mannequin body before sewing to check proper placement.
How far over does it need to hang?

How far over does it need to hang?
I'd say around a 1/2" (12.7mm) look at the Vinnytats jacket, he has alot hanging over. I don't know if you need that much, but more is definitely better than too little. My jacket had about a half inch extra and ALOT of it came off while I was making the jacket just from moving it around. Honestly I wish I had left just a little more. It really frays alot unless you use an overlook stitch on the edge because the materials weave is so loose.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back