lost boys MARKO jacket replica!

Version 2.0
I do not intend to weather it, unfortunately I just can't bring myself to do it.
20210812_204002.jpg
20210812_204041.jpg
20210812_203919.jpg
20210812_204021.jpg

Looks fantastic! I would like to weather mine a bit when it's ready. :p
Yeah, I'm on the fence about it. It's not a true "replica" unless it's weathered I get that. I'm just afraid if I dirty it up and fray the tapestries I won't like it and the amount of time and money I put into it that would be soul crushing. I think I'd be okay with just fraying the tapestries a bit, but fraying the patches and covering them in dirt is the hard part. Basically your "artfully" ruining them. And what if you do too much?!?! It stresses me out just thinking about it LOL.

Last edited:
Looks fantastic! I would like to weather mine a bit when it's ready. :p
Okay as much as it pained me I agree 100% about weathering, it's not as authentic unless it's somewhat weathered. Kind of like a un-weathered Star Wars Sandtrooper. You work so hard though for perfection, and it's so perfect, and then your supposed to mess it all up. It's hard to do that. So I decided to just "lightly" weather it. I frayed the front of the leopard tapestry a little more and used earthtone pastel chalk to "dirty" up the white patches. I think that's as much weathering as I'm going to do. The movie used jackets are HEAVILY weathered and I'm not going to do that.
20210815_112503.jpg
20210815_112533.jpg
20210815_112522.jpg
20210815_112545.jpg

Last edited:
Okay as much as it pained me I agree 100% about weathering, it's not as authentic unless it's somewhat weathered. Kind of like a un-weathered Star Wars Sandtrooper. You work so hard though for perfection, and it's so perfect, and then your supposed to mess it all up. It's hard to do that. So I decided to just "lightly" weather it. I frayed the front of the leopard tapestry a little more and used earthtone pastel chalk to "dirty" up the white patches. I think that's as much weathering as I'm going to do. The movie used jackets are HEAVILY weathered and I'm not going to do that.View attachment 1484763View attachment 1484764View attachment 1484765View attachment 1484766
It looks fantastic!

I this the one you finished? What color did you decide on that orange fishing lure? It looks so great.
Almost Alive lures has some 11" squid skirts that are pretty decent. I bought a solid orange and a blue one, cut them in half and attempted to glue them together with crazy glue and it did not work. I didn't throw them away, I'm going to try a different glue at some point. The one I used is orange and grey, the grey looks brown in the photo but it's light grey. I was debating on using a blue sharpie marker over the grey but I was afraid of it coming off and getting on the jacket so I decided not to. I think I'm going to re-visit the gluing of the orange and blue at some point.
Screenshot_20210906-174503_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I'm building a 1/3 silicone statue of Marko with Bob Causey and we need some great HD photos of the tapestries. Also a good source of the patches. All will be screen printed of course since the scale is 1/3

Yeah, I'm on the fence about it. It's not a true "replica" unless it's weathered I get that. I'm just afraid if I dirty it up and fray the tapestries I won't like it and the amount of time and money I put into it that would be soul crushing. I think I'd be okay with just fraying the tapestries a bit, but fraying the patches and covering them in dirt is the hard part. Basically your "artfully" ruining them. And what if you do too much?!?! It stresses me out just thinking about it LOL.
I Weathered mine by wearing it every chance I get. But I live in the South so we only get like 2 & 1/2 weeks of Not-Summer here...

I'm building a 1/3 silicone statue of Marko with Bob Causey and we need some great HD photos of the tapestries. Also a good source of the patches. All will be screen printed of course since the scale is 1/3
All the info your looking for has been posted already.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back