Looper Blunderbuss - Pics of Painted Slushcast Kit on pg. 18

Re: Looper Blunderbuss - Finished pics on pg. 13

Man, i haven't been here for a while. I sure have missed a lot. I ended up making my own blunderbuss after out of an old axe handle and two knackered torches lol! Sadly though i became jobless shortly afterwards and was forced to sell. Still got a new job now with much better pay woopie! :lol

Anyway *cough* here's a link to an expired ebay page with a few pics:

Looper Blunderbus 1:1 Scale | eBay

Mark

Update time! So I've refined my method of slushcasting the kits and now I can produce up to three a day. I'm pretty much making them as ordered, but there are two left on this run. If anyone out there wants it, be sure to check out my thread in the Junkyard.

Meanwhile, I've yet to rebuild my master Blunderbuss, but I'll get to that soon. All the parts from the old build have been salvaged as best as I could and I've got a brand new YHM-5005 and aluminum pipe. Let's hope Version 2.0 is as good as its big brother!

-Jonaas

Just to get some discussion going-- What kind of screws are used on the blunderbuss? And what size? It looks like the slide pump and the ends of the YHM forearm use socket head screws. Looks like small socket heads on the "sight," too. Not totally sure about the screws that run down the sides of the forearm, though.

Ideas?

Just to get some discussion going-- What kind of screws are used on the blunderbuss? And what size? It looks like the slide pump and the ends of the YHM forearm use socket head screws. Looks like small socket heads on the "sight," too. Not totally sure about the screws that run down the sides of the forearm, though.

Ideas?

Yup, I used socket heat screws that I bought at Lowe's...I can't quite remember the size, but I'll try to figure it out. I used 6 of the exact same screw on the blunderbuss...2 in the front and 4 in the back. As for the sight, those are mock socket heads...I made them by pushing a 1/4 inch Allen wrench into some soft Apoxie Sculpt.

-Jonaas

That's pretty marvelous work. Well done!!

Thank you, sir! This build will always hold a pretty special place in my heart because I'm pretty sure it's the first of its kind. As I mentioned before, I'm actually rebuilding the prototype. When (and if) that happens, I'll update this thread with more progress pics. While I don't plan on changing much aesthetically, I do want to add some more function, including a break-open feature and a functioning pump.

And FYI, everyone...I've purged my old Interest List of folks who've changed their mind. If you're interested in picking up a kit, please check out my thread in the Junkyard.

-Jonaas

Hey there, everyone! So I just wanted to update this thread with photos of a kit that I finished myself. After I decided to change my original sale thread to kits only, two people decided they would wait for me to find the time to finish their kits. Now that those two kits are out the door, I wanted to share the finished product.

So this is one of my slushcast resin kits. It's 3 layers of Smoothcast 65D filled with expanding foam and finished with a variety of spray paints, acrylic and enamel brush paints, plastics epoxy, hockey tape, and some baby powder. While not as heavy as the original, it still has a bit of heft to it (about a pound and a half, I'd say).

While I LOVE how everyone who purchased my kit finished their blunderbusses, I'm happy as hell that I was able to pull one off that is nearly indistinguishable to the prototype I made back in October. I'm so happy that I plan on selling completed blunderbusses again. Keep your eyes peeled on The Junkyard if you're interested in getting a completed replica for yourself.

Thanks, everyone!

-Jonaas

Very nice work! If you want a blunderbuss but don't want to build it yourself, this is the way to go. Good luck with your sales!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very nice work! If you want a blunderbuss but don't want to build it yourself, this is the way to go. Good luck with your sales!

You're only partially correct, dude...I mean, you put TONS of work into your kit and it looks (and functions) awesomely. ahoudini actually modded his kit heavily with metal parts and a functioning slide :thumbsup. If I had to do that with my completed kits, they still wouldn't be finished.

-Jonaas

Hey Jonaas,

Thought you might be interested in this. It's a 3-day blunderbuss build (not quite as accurate as yours) but built to be able to fire a blast of flame for use as a "live fire" type prop. He uses a few interesting techniques I hadn't seen before to accomplish his build. It's a fun watch, lots of food for thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jonaas,

Thought you might be interested in this. It's a 3-day blunderbuss build (not quite as accurate as yours) but built to be able to fire a blast of flame for use as a "live fire" type prop. He uses a few interesting techniques I hadn't seen before to accomplish his build. It's a fun watch, lots of food for thought.

Accurate or not, that was a great build and really fun to watch! I hope there are more of these...it's like a guncentric "Man-At-Arms" and that's really up my alley!

Spent the last week or so reading through this thread. Amazing build, I really admire the amount of work that went into this.

Thanks, sir! It's an ongoing process as I really want to upgrade my personal blunderbuss...but I've been sitting on NickyTea's beautiful machined blunderbuss muzzle for almost a month and I haven't found any time to work on it! Still, my ultimate goal is a full-metal version with a moving slide, trigger and MAYBE a break-action.

-Jonaas

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back