Look what I found!!! Graflex... New Pics

Congratulations! Finding a seller who doesn't know what they have is pretty much the grail.
Ha ha, the real funny part... while I'm chatting to the guy he mentions that because he's in Quebec, lot's of his vintage items get bought up by movie directors who "chop stuff up for props". I decided NOT to tell him that I was both a movie director and that there was a good chance this would get chopped up and turned into a prop! :lol:

Nice score. (y)

About 8 years ago at a consignment shop in town they had a full kit with wood box, glass plates and everything.
They wanted $1,000.
Yeah, this has 2 plates, but no box. Still for around $335 USD I think I did ok. ;)

These graflex handles are a real treasure find... so its awesome you scored one.

So will you display as is in a case with a lightsabre or make a hilt?

Again, congrats to you sir, giggle all you want, such a great find and great story finding it.
Ah yes, what to do, what to do...
After thinking more about this overnight I'm definitely leaning toward displaying it intact with the camera. Whenever I show people through my collection I just about always talk about the Graflex camera and flash handle that became the most iconic weapon in movie history. How good would it be to have the actual camera there while telling the story! I had originally planned to sell the camera to recoup costs, but I think that may be short-sighted and holding onto it would be much more worthwhile. The irony is that as a movie maker I love collecting old film and still cameras. Plus, I have an awesome Parks hilt that can display next to it.

At the very least I will keep it all intact for now while I search for a Exactra to display with it. On that note, if anyone has an Exactra 19, even just the shell, hit me up. (y)

Nice score man!
Also funny little thing I noticed is that in the Hitler scene from Last Crusade you can see a graflex camera and flash in the group of photographers.
Good spotting! I never saw that. I'm always too caught up in the moment of Hitler signing the grail diary. Lol.

Absolutely beautiful find! I would love a complete camera & flash just for display. I think it's a work of art as is! (y)
Agreed!

Gorgeous score mate. Congratulations!
Thank you kind sir.

Dreams: they can come true.

So cool, man.
Ha ha I know right! While my search for a Graflex over the years has been far from extensive, I certainly appreciate the significance of this find. Ha ha I feel like Indy! "That belongs in a museum!" ;)

Agreed! :)

Wow, that's in beautiful condition!
Yeah I think it will clean up really well. I'll post pics after spending some time on it. (y)

So spent about 8 hours cleaning it up. To say she turned out sweet would be somewhat of an understatement. But I'll let the ridiculous amount of pics speak for themselves...

20SmqQr.jpg

8gAqulZ.jpg

bTJKfUR.jpg

7FIB7Sn.jpg

L0RlMGt.jpg

zjX1Pfh.jpg

Vlmpgev.jpg

dCVd4b6.jpg

YtSajbq.jpg

FFHGHjo.jpg

MRSaPAU.jpg

3xKTg1W.jpg

kKFNcVg.jpg

2IwR2aG.jpg

v5LJRJA.jpg

1J3bk8x.jpg

iwTXdlY.jpg

c9077aB.jpg

94fo90x.jpg

wGsRnOJ.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back