Look what I found!!! Graflex... New Pics

tmax

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I'm on fb marketplace last week looking through the antique section and I come across a Quebec antique dealer selling a Graflex with the flash intact! I couldn't believe my eyes. But the listing was posted "Over a week ago" so surely it was long gone. Apparently not! I bought it of course and it arrived today. Here she is in original, straight-out-of-the-box condition - dust, grime and all...

1RaNv4z.jpg

X6ULyCn.jpg

ikyYvEw.jpg

oSm5Oss.jpg

nyh1t93.jpg

DcuOcYN.jpg

GPtWN8C.jpg

0tMW9Wa.jpg

S5wimUZ.jpg

Ow9OJtu.jpg

This is the first time I've held a genuine Graflex, so I'm a bit of a giddy school-boy right now.

Funny, I hadn't noticed this little detail before...

9cj6bPy.jpg

I don't think my Parks Graflex has it and for a second there I thought this may be a variant 3 cell of some kind. But I see the original had it. Phew!

So I guess I'm joining the ranks of genuine parts saber makers. I'll have to get schooled on the D-ring and T-tracks and of course find me an Exactra bubble strip. I may need to sell the camera to fund the rest of this build! Lol.

Nice score. (y)

About 8 years ago at a consignment shop in town they had a full kit with wood box, glass plates and everything.
They wanted $1,000.

Thank you sir, I've been collecting for about 10 years and this is the first I've come across. Perhaps a once-in-a-lifetime find? (y)

These graflex handles are a real treasure find... so its awesome you scored one.

So will you display as is in a case with a lightsabre or make a hilt?

Again, congrats to you sir, giggle all you want, such a great find and great story finding it.

Nice score man!
Also funny little thing I noticed is that in the Hitler scene from Last Crusade you can see a graflex camera and flash in the group of photographers.

Attachments

• 695E3C15-55AE-415C-82F9-781E81C61F3F.png
    695E3C15-55AE-415C-82F9-781E81C61F3F.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 293
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back