Limited Run LIST NOW CLOSED Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire Ecto Goggles

They’ve been going out, feedback on Etsy has been positive as well. We’re taking the holiday to prep for Wonderfest, and then we’ll be back on these. The rest of the headstraps should arrive soon, and we have the display base getting cut next week, and even some matchbooks for everyone. Thanks and have a great start to your summers everyone!

So is your shipping list on page one up to date? Knowing where you are on getting these out would probavly releive some anxiety for thodse of us waiting....

Headstraps are still a problem, but the rest should be arriving later next week. The seamstress is deep into wedding season, so they’re trickling out… stay tuned for some pics and updates as we wrap up :)
Thanks everyone

OH! Don’t forget, everyone’s getting a matchbook prop replica, and a very cool display stand for these, since everyone has waited patiently. Looking forward to getting those assembled and shown off.

I might be missing something, but I'm not sure what the difference is between this run and the FE run that was initially offered on Etsy. Perhaps someone has more insight on the subject

OK - My Spider sense is tingling.

Can anybody on this thread who has received their goggles post a pic?

I have a concern that those who paid 12/29 will have their Paypal protection end on 6/27.

I'm good till 8/2 I think.

It bothers me that no one has shown off their goggles and we keep getting put off on this one.

If my goggles are not in hand by 6/26/24 I will be disputing the payment with Paypal - I suggest those who paid on 12/29/24 mark their calendars and don't let the day slide by.

Sorry Rhett if this comes across as harsh. I've asked for the list on page one to be updated and it hasn't been touched in at least two months. All those Goggles you listed as shipped should have been delivered right?

An update & proof of some progress would be deeply appreciated.

If you've received the goggles please take a minute & show the rest of us what you got....

The thing that had me worried a little was seeing the instagram post about the drone goggles getting shipped out. These were offered after this run but are going out before? I’m sure there is more to the situation than it seems, but it did make me a little concerned.

Seems like etsy orders have been going out based on review dates - I think it would help if the list in the initial post was updated, cuz doesn't seem like any of the RPF orders are going out.

The thing that had me worried a little was seeing the instagram post about the drone goggles getting shipped out. These were offered after this run but are going out before? I’m sure there is more to the situation than it seems, but it did make me a little concerned.
I will second this concern as well, though I caught it on Tiktok. Where at the same time I saw posts about the matchbook run, Wonderfest and Premiere travelling, and the arrival of head straps in April after several pushed shipping dates. The above post as well as to the money being gone and unable to refund is also concerning given how many thousands of dollars were collected for the run.

It's unfortunate to see a reputation getting tanked so quickly over something so relatively minor as a lack of transparency, especially considering how proud he is of his turn to professional prop maker recently. I'm also hopeful this doesn't end up turning into a Ben of Kent situation. Just my 2 cents in addition to the $320...

Edit: Looking at Etsy reviews, FE type goggles were in hand by May 20-June 1 for buyers through Etsy. I am very much hoping that I'm wrong about the feeling that Etsy took priority because they have better consumer protection in place. Once again Rhett, I'm sorry if this also seems harsh, but your consumers shouldn't have to do detective work to see what is happening.

Last edited:
Hey there gang. Have no fear, I’m working hard in these. Been fielding messages etc, I’m hammering away. Didn’t make it to Wonderfest :/ stayed home and kept working.

Anyway, YES! These are going out. The thing is, Etsy has consequences, the RPF doesn’t close your account for delayed shipping… so sorry, but that’s how it is. I have a batch going out this weekend, and miner headstraps on the way. The headstraps have been and interesting adventure.

Just hang in there, and we’ll get this done just like all the other runs I’ve done in here, you know, since 2003.

It’s not in my nature to cheat or rip anyone off, I’m just slow!‍

Also, slots been happening in my personal life that won’t be divulged here, from great successes to some pretty awful stuff, but needless to say, this will be my last run here.

I’m proud of the work I do, and the decisions I make during runs are my own and I stand by them. I’m proud of my continued success (just wrapped some new film work here in Ohio) and I’m happy I can share it here.

I understand your frustration, I just expected folk on the RPF to know me a bit better than that… if you don’t remember I used to go by ‘Hotshot’ here and have done runs outside of the GB world and its tiny little bubble. So I expect you guys to continue to be patient as the headstraps roll in ( I get 4-5 a week from the seamstress who assembles them). I’ve always returned messages lighting quick, and my Etsy feedback backs this up.

So I’m here and I’m cranking away!

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Hey there gang. Have no fear, I’m working hard in these. Been fielding messages etc, I’m hammering away. Didn’t make it to Wonderfest :/ stayed home and kept working.

Anyway, YES! These are going out. The thing is, Etsy has consequences, the RPF doesn’t close your account for delayed shipping… so sorry, but that’s how it is. I have a batch going out this weekend, and miner headstraps on the way. The headstraps have been and interesting adventure.

Just hang in there, and we’ll get this done just like all the other runs I’ve done in here, you know, since 2003.

It’s not in my nature to cheat or rip anyone off, I’m just slow!‍

Also, slots been happening in my personal life that won’t be divulged here, from great successes to some pretty awful stuff, but needless to say, this will be my last run here.

I’m proud of the work I do, and the decisions I make during runs are my own and I stand by them. I’m proud of my continued success (just wrapped some new film work here in Ohio) and I’m happy I can share it here.

I understand your frustration, I just expected folk on the RPF to know me a bit better than that… if you don’t remember I used to go by ‘Hotshot’ here and have done runs outside of the GB world and its tiny little bubble. So I expect you guys to continue to be patient as the headstraps roll in ( I get 4-5 a week from the seamstress who assembles them). I’ve always returned messages lighting quick, and my Etsy feedback backs this up.

So I’m here and I’m cranking away!

Thanks all!

A batch of RPF orders or etsy? 2/3 of the people here are getting near the end of their PayPal protection period and I don't blame them for getting worried. Could you update the list on the first page with order statuses? or have no other RPF orders gone out?

I'm not trying to be an a-hole about it, just want to make sure we've got all the info

One thing I have learned in 20 years on the RPF - absolutely nobody gets to drag me along past the Paypal protection date no matter who it is or their excuses.

I've got to ask again - could any of the 5 that received their goggles please post a pic so we can all see the product?

Batch of 4 for Etsy, and a batch of 3 from here going out, then we wait for the next batch of headstraps. I have a possible lead on another local seamstress that can handle the industrial sewing, so fingers crossed.

Thanks all.

One thing I have learned in 20 years on the RPF - absolutely nobody gets to drag me along past the Paypal protection date no matter who it is or their excuses.

I've got to ask again - could any of the 5 that received their goggles please post a pic so we can all see the product?
If you’ve been here 20 years then you should know better than to question if people get there stuff from me. I’ve been here selling the entire time, from paper props, to stunt blasters, to painting prints, to full built props and kits. That doesn’t even include the work I’ve put in on commissions, tutorials, WIP threads, and on and on.

I do know better - That's why I'm sceptical and don't let the Paypal date go by.

So of the 6 orders you listed as shipping in April - Did any actually get shipped?

Can any of the 5 orders marked as delivered speak up & show their goggles?

Your order status on page one has not been updated at all since two months ago - 60 days - thats quite a while with no real progress or communication. I concede you have popped into this thread from time to time to say you've had delays and are plugging away - but nothing concrete to alleviate anyone's concerns.

You may well genuinely be behind but the things your saying I've also heard others say and had it end badly.

Your really need to do better.

So after all this - I'm officially requesting a refund. I'm sure you'll deny it - But I have to request it before I go to Paypal for a dispute.

Very dissapointed....

A lot to take in here, I do apologize to anyone feels slighted…

I hope to relieve some fear, stress, disappointment, etc, as I make progress through the weekend.

Thanks all.

A lot to take in here, I do apologize to anyone feels slighted…

I hope to relieve some fear, stress, disappointment, etc, as I make progress through the weekend.

Thanks all.
I mean, it does read a little rough, as Etsy has consequences, those orders get fulfilled. Since this site doesn’t have any…

As I said, it just all reads a bit rough. And it’s not like we all know each other. Just strangers on the internet. So it’s hard to judge things just through text.

June 26 is my 180 day mark.

Last edited:
Hi everyone one. Here are some quick pictures of my pair of ecto goggles I received. I am not photographer so the photos don't do them justice.

Attachments

• IMG_2898.jpg
    IMG_2898.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2899.jpg
    IMG_2899.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2900.jpg
    IMG_2900.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2901.jpg
    IMG_2901.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 38

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back