Lindelof Star Wars film

Breaking news!

Mike Zeroh has been hired to write and direct a yet untitled Star Wars trilogy and mini series exclusive to Disney+

Filming is reported to begin Q4 of 2024 on their fiscal calendar and due to premiere February 1st 2025.

Casting announcements to follow...
Hope they'll test him on a miniseries first before wasting any big picture money like they did with JJ and his cronies.

If I were Lindelof or any other filmmaker, I'd say to heck with Star Wars or any other major franchise. I realize the pay is nice but, I'd rather work on making the next big IP than retreading someone else's stories.
At leas tit's better than the Cara Dune actress getting fired in a way that she only has toxic waste section of the movie business left where even the The Asylum won't venture into.

If I were Lindelof or any other filmmaker, I'd say to heck with Star Wars or any other major franchise. I realize the pay is nice but, I'd rather work on making the next big IP than retreading someone else's stories.

I wouldn't want to be held back by fan expectations all for a paycheck. SW, as much as I love it, is played out. Creativity I'd be far more interested in telling my own stories than to play in someone else's sandbox.

Getting the backing of studios for a "next big IP" is challenging, to say the least.
Christopher Nolan still has that kind of clout, Spielberg used to, but that's about it.

It has always been easier to destroy, than to create.”

Far easier to simply leverage an existing IP…being independently creative is hard.

There are plenty of factors as to why studios hesitate to back new properties. But the one that's the most difficult to argue with - from within the industry - is rights.

Studios already own the rights to thousands of properties from the last 70 years, so it's easier to reboot something old and owned by the studio than create something new - and having to jump through fresh legal hoop$ to determine how residuals will be split for the next 50 years. Union contracts and the evolution of the industry (broadcast TV, cable rights, internet, streaming both at home and on mobile devices) is to blame for that.

Studios who have a majority stake (and full control) in properties like MacGuyver, Quantum Leap, Magnum P.I., Fatal Attraction, Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air, and on, and on, and on, face less risks, and that makes it easier. Whether that makes those reboots any good is arguable.

There are plenty of original properties sitting on shelves, not getting any attention. The lack of talented filmmakers and creative executives willing to stick their necks out for such properties (see Gary Kurtz) is one of the reasons.

Guillermo del Toro would be an epic director for star wars. He would never do it, but he would be my number one choice.
He went off the boil a few films back.. I preferred his independent smaller fair movies like The Devil's Backbone with The Shape in the Water being his last decent movie..
He's a Supernatural guy not ScFi, It would be dark gloomy full of the dead bizarre and twisted.. Oh hang on sounds like the plot of the last SW movie which you know was bad when you can't remember the title..

He went off the boil a few films back.. I preferred his independent smaller fair movies like The Devil's Backbone with The Shape in the Water being his last decent movie..
He's a Supernatural guy not ScFi, It would be dark gloomy full of the dead bizarre and twisted.. Oh hang on sounds like the plot of the last SW movie which you know was bad when you can't remember the title..
I would somewhat agree if not for Pacific Rim. To me that movie in combination with his other movies shows he knows both sides of how to tell stories. He is also understand film making on a different level than most other directors who would be in a position for the job.

He understands visual effects how and when to use them, from practical to digital.

I would bet good money that we won't see another decent SW movie until LFL gets new management. It doesn't matter what director they hire right now. They could use a time machine to get young George Lucas & Gary Kurtz and the resulting movie would still be a wreck.

I would somewhat agree if not for Pacific Rim. To me that movie in combination with his other movies shows he knows both sides of how to tell stories. He is also understand film making on a different level than most other directors who would be in a position for the job.

He understands visual effects how and when to use them, from practical to digital.
I wish he'd go back to the more practical effects... Pans Labyrinth had gorgeous creature designs as did HellBoy.
I'd actually like to see his take on the darker side of Starwars, wasn't there a Zombie Trooper series of comics such like?

I wish he'd go back to the more practical effects... Pans Labyrinth had gorgeous creature designs as did HellBoy.
I'd actually like to see his take on the darker side of Starwars, wasn't there a Zombie Trooper series of comics such like?
There was, but it was horrible, really bad. The lead actor did become the bad guy in Antman so he's doing well. I think it was called the Strain or something.

His Pans Lab creature designs that he sketched out himself is what made me a fan of him. I didn't really like Hell Boy, but after Pansy Lab I was a fan.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back