Licensed Pulse Rifle pre-order

I can't wait for these to arrive!!! I've got both the O/D Green and Brown Bess versions on confirmed order so hopefully it will be an early Christmas!!!

DSC00817.jpg

DSC00818.jpg

Surprisingly heavy and substantial for vaporware... Who'd have thought...:)

M

Well, with pics like that how could i resist. Just ordered me a Brown Bess too. This is becoming an expensive year.

/observes the pictures

Hmm....

/reads the disappointing comments

Interesting.... They look bloody fantastic to me. I don't see what the big deal is all about. I'm just going to look at any differences that this baby might have and say "You know, this isn't a Pulse Rifle from the movie, it's MY Pulse Rifle!". No bug is safe.

I have to agree with what Matt said earlier in that no two original Pulse Rifles were exactly the same, and having seen a few in person I can also corroborate the fact that they were very beaten up and rough.

Regarding the comparison image posted recently, if you notice the area on the original PR I've circled in green you'll see that the underside of the carry-handle slopes down a little too much (you can see it in relation to the red line) which explains why the end of the 'slot' looks too small in comparison to the HCG version. In fact it's too narrow on the original.

pulse_rifle2a.jpg

Knowing that it's modelled from an original and has Matsuo attached to the project gives me every faith that this will be the most accurate version of the Pulse Rifle produced to date, I can't wait to get hold of mine!

Harry

Last edited:
The "production" picture is a continuity shot taken before, or early in filming. Every pulse rifle wthat was used in the film was pretty beat up by the end of the production.

The area in the green circle was a tough spot to form thus on almost all of the hero guns that area appears different. HCG's intention was to create a 'clean' pair of shrouds based on known measurements and archived data not only of the gun they had direct access to but others we were allowed to inspect.
Saying they were idealized isnt really the word but it's close. Having only the beat up gun to directly reference from, the decision was made to 'extrapolate' from them what the original look of the shrouds would have been had they actually been mass produced.

M

This will be my first 1:1 PR replica and it sounds like 15 lbs. of PR heaven to me! I don't mind the waiting when it means the final model will be the best it can be, and it looks like the wait will definitely be well worth it. :)

Hope it shows up before I head off to yet another visit to lovely Afghanistan in two months...otherwise my wife will ***** about a "hidden" serial number as she tries to log it on our bound book :cool

Alex

(No offense to Art) but I think it highly unfair to compare the HGC rifle to one of several screenused rifles.

It could also be argued that the HGC rifle is an 8 hole while there was a 10 hole hero rifle in the film as well. The stunt rifles had there own distinctiveness as well.

Cosidering that this is the second licensed Pulse Rifle ever available it is not hard to accept statements that it is the "most accurate PR to date". Personally I'm drooling over this!

Unfortunately living in a country who's replica firearm laws are strict (and having been burned once before) I will have to wait and see if a local shop will bring one in for sale. I'll probably be paying an arm and a leg, but it will be mine one day. :thumbsup

Oh and that shop better have ordered the Brown Bess version. :)

Kevin

Again, not trying to be a jerk at all (we have bought and paid for an HCG and aren't canceling it) but while I am sure there are differences between the different originals, I see a consistent narrowing of the front of the hand guard among photos I have... even of the vacced Aliens 3 rifle that propstore owns. Check these pics and tell me if I am wrong.

I guess I am struggling because I haven't seen an original Pulse Rifle with the type of hand grip we see on the HCG. If they have an original hero that is different... they have no need to "prove" anything, but it would sure make me feel better to see their original and see that it differs from the ones I have seen and more closely resembles their replica.

I am still excited about this and still hoping this will lead to the "ultimate" PR build... just questioning why some of the shapes came out the way they did when so much of the ref I have shows a different shape. Who knows... maybe 90% of my ref is the same gun...

I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I said "hand grip" which was misleading... What I meant was "carry handle." It is the front part of the carry handle that concerns me the most as I am assuming they are already correcting the hand grip and counter bezel at your request.

Can we get a picture of the gun the HCG rifle is patterned off of ?

None of these other pictures matter really. I am supprised all the other guns have a lower carry handle and the one this is patterened off of is higher. Although all the shells were hand/hammer formed they had to be hammer formed over a plug and the plug shouldn't change all that much.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back