Kylo Ren Hasbro Force FX Lightsaber

Has anyone checked out the helmets Target is selling? I only made my way to Walmart, and they don't have any. I'm really interested in the Boba Fett and will definitely pick one up if they're decent quality.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I saw a Kylo Ren and First Order trooper helmet from Rubies, they werent very good for $30. The Trooper was painted really bad and the Kylo was one of those cut in half velcro together deals.

On the Kylo FX frnt, Amazon appears sold out and Target doesnt have them available on their site yet, or sold out. They really botched the release of this thing.

The Hasbro site notes availability of the Vader fx on 9/23. Perhaps they just weren't ready for this release and we'll see them in a couple weeks

- - - Updated - - -

They have them. They just aren't putting them out.

My Target was JUST starting to put stuff out this morning.

None of the Targets in my area have them. They're listed as "out of stock" in inventory

I just stopped by the Target near where I work, and the shelf was bare. Whether they'd ever been there? Looking at it, it looks like the basic (flick out blades) version could be the basis for a static display with some mods and a repaint.

My focus was only on 1/6 and wasn't expecting high end FX lightsabers would have loved to get Ren's saber.

so got few questions since I'm late to this.

Are these limited run or will Hasbro restock more and what other TFA lightsabers were released and will the hilt be released, and when?

Ok so I called the same Target I went to around 10pm last night (and stayed until 12:30am or so). They stated that they had only one Kylo Ren Force FX lightsaber that came in this morning but also said they could not hold it or any other Star Wars toy for me. So I hop in the car and drive the 20 miles to get there, hoping to get it before someone else. I lucked out. I got it and for $25 off. I also scored the 3.75" figure version of the new TFA tie fighter. It comes with a tie pilot with removable helmet but is not electronic. It just shoots two missles. No lights, no sound. I also bought Rey's Jakku speeder that comes with a Rey action figure. I purchased those separately from the Force FX saber so got $10 off for that purchase. With the $25 off I got around midnight, I got a total of $60 off for all the stuff. Now to go back to sleep, perchance to dream.

I got one! It was close though. My wife and I got to the Target store last night around 6 p.m. (first in line!). The staff was really cool and obviously tickled we were so into it. I spoke with the manager and let him know I was there for the Force FX and needed it! He was cool, but couldn't tell me if he had one yet or not since they wouldn't know what they had until they started stocking (~8 p.m.). Around 9:30 he called me out of line to give me the bad news that the store didn't get any- BUT, since I had been waiting so long and he knew this is what I really wanted he checked the computer and saw he had one on the 6 a.m. truck coming up from D.C. He took my number and promised to hold it for me if I could be there when they opened up this morning at 8 a.m. (Which I obviously did- again, 1st in line). I bought it and a 4-pack of AA batteries to make sure it was working then hit some other stores.

My initial first reaction is that it is AWESOME. Made of metal, felt good and heavy in my hands. I could get a good 2-handed grip. The red wire that runs down the side is a real wire, not hard plastic that is painted (as I feared). The sound board is completely unique to any other sabers. I am very happy I got it and will use it with my costume. I still plan to buy a nice 3D printed hilt to finish and paint to hang off my belt, but this will do nicely for trooping.

"On a better note, the Disney Store one is available, and looks better than the FX in many ways."

http://www.disneystore.com/kylo-ren-...83666/1000303/

That one is very small. The picture of it is in a kids hands. I doubt you will be getting a good 2-handed grip (like Kylo does) with that one.

- - - Updated - - -

The bottom of the Force FX unscrews and the entire battery pack slides out. It is highly detailed because you can see it through the hilt. I will take some pictures and video tonight. I had to go to work so I handed it off to my wife to take home after this mornings run.

Last edited:
That one is very small. The picture of it is in a kids hands. I doubt you will be getting a good 2-handed grip (like Kylo does) with that one.

Regarding the Disney version: I think it's a little undersized compared to the FX version, but it doesn't appear to be tiny. The guys in the unboxing video were holding onto it with both hands.
r76upj3.png

So I was making my rounds today and went to 4 Targets. Believe it or not at one of them a Hasbro rep was there while the store was doing recovery. She was a regional rep here in CT and said she doesn't expect Targets to get many more in until October since most warehouses were short to begin with. I picked her brain for other toy stuff (Black series, Marvel Legends) and was super helfpul.

So I went to the Disney store and bought 2 of their lightsabers. I got one to tool with as it is and one to hopefully modify. The idea is to see if a normal led can be put on it to make it longer.

I'll get pics soon

So I went to the Disney store and bought 2 of their lightsabers. I got one to tool with as it is and one to hopefully modify. The idea is to see if a normal led can be put on it to make it longer.

I'll get pics soon

Yes please! I was thinking of ordering one, so I'd love to see a "real world" photo.

Last edited:
And flash on clash confirmed. In fact if you swing it too hard it clashes. So cool. But now I really want the premium one. This only whet my appetite.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back