Kylo Ren: Buckle WIP

Good afternoon folks i have an interesting revelation for you all to ponder !

While examining the Vanity fair photo-shoot i noticed the Buckle is in fact upside down (or more so that perhaps the buckle shown in the Anaheim exhibit is upside down

i'm leaning towards the exhibit being incorrect. to me this points towards what we've considered that the Anaheim was not the screen used but perhaps a stunt suit (rubber cast saber, bubbles & pit marks on the helmet from casting and now this

i'ts not just a case of the belt being upside down as the saber clip is still in the same position and it is riveted to the belt

anyway thought i'd share !

Exhibit:

VcSOc02.jpg

Vanity Fair Shoot

e8HGZop.jpg

Good afternoon folks i have an interesting revelation for you all to ponder !

While examining the Vanity fair photo-shoot i noticed the Buckle is in fact upside down (or more so that perhaps the buckle shown in the Anaheim exhibit is upside down

i'm leaning towards the exhibit being incorrect. to me this points towards what we've considered that the Anaheim was not the screen used but perhaps a stunt suit (rubber cast saber, bubbles & pit marks on the helmet from casting and now this

i'ts not just a case of the belt being upside down as the saber clip is still in the same position and it is riveted to the belt

anyway thought i'd share !

Exhibit:

http://i.imgur.com/VcSOc02.jpg

Vanity Fair Shoot

http://i.imgur.com/e8HGZop.jpg

Damn! Catch, score.

This leads me to believe that the entire buckle is velcroed on, vs just one side for closure. Likely the exhibit just attached it poorly. I have a similar close with my Vader belt buckle. the belt is solid on the front and closes on the back. The belt buckle is simple put in place with velcro so if you're not careful, you can put it on upside down.

So I emailed lucasfilm and asked hey I spotted a mistake .. What's my prize .. This was the answer

Hey Luke,

Good eye! Your prize is the clarification of which orientation is the correct one ;)

The orientation in the vanity fair layout is the correct orientation.

So I emailed lucasfilm and asked hey I spotted a mistake .. What's my prize .. This was the answer

Hey Luke,

Good eye! Your prize is the clarification of which orientation is the correct one ;)

The orientation in the vanity fair layout is the correct orientation.

Haha! Ok so this is also confirmation the buckle is just a stick on, that can be easily messed up by the uninitiated.

I still think it is clipped at the front though as I'm sure ive seen a flash shot that shows the belt is continuous around the back of the costume under the cape

Nice work,

I think this small velcro is not enough to hold that big belt, I think there are 4 or 6 snaps (flat part to the outside). And the buckle is just to cover the center union, of course only with velcro.

he also has is belt sling far to low this belt is to be below the ribs i think not on the waist i think it will take alot of small details to really make this costume pop haha saber inparticular

A cast will almost always be a cleaner version vs a printed version.

The castings are as perfect as the master you use.

He will clean and perfect the print he made, then he will pour some silicone over it and BAM, a perfect casting.

I'd wait for the casting for sure. Plus this way we can help support a great RPF'er providing a nice service to us. If you get the shapeways version, he gets paid nothing, it's all shapeways costs.

Thinking of that, @Sni9er; you should really put in at least $5 profit for you in the shapeways item. Most people here will wait for your final casting vs buying a printed one that needs cleanup. The people who buy it on shapeways should at least pay you for your work!

You can always tip Sni9er via MyMiniFactory as well... I did :) https://www.myminifactory.com/object/kylo-ren-buckle-10086

FYI the prefrence on the RPF is not to comment on sales/runs here but in the project runs forum reguardless thanks !!

Whoops sorry was viewing this on my phone I was sure I was on the project run thread must of got confused had them both open sorry again.

Thanks

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back