Krang Android Suit - TMNT 1987 (PIC HEAVY)

Just for discussions sake...what type of silicone were you using and how much tint did you add? Honestly, it seems strange to me that the silicone isn't setting. Silicone, in my experience, has been pretty forgiving and has set up pretty well in a lot of different conditions and tints. I've found it to be WAY less finicky than urethane...which takes forever and a day to fully cure. The only time I've had silicone not set correctly was during a test in which I was trying to make a platinum cure silicone cast with a tin cure silicone mold...they didn't like each other...which is why I was testing it...really glad I did too.

I am using Smooth-On Rebound 25. The tint I used is from TAP plastics. I am at work and can't give much more in the way of specifics on the tint. I put in about half a. Teaspoon because the instructions were rubbed off the label of the pigment, so I guessed. Something I will not be doing again...

Honestly, it could be the fact that you are using a Smooth-On silicone and a TAP plastics tint. Rebound 25 is a 1:1 ratio and there's a pretty good tolerance on it if you're a little heavy with side A or B and a teaspoon of tint doesn't sound like all that much. Hopefully it sets. Good luck!

Here we go.. Had to start over with the Rebound 25.

Time for some Smoothcast 65d

45 minutes later...

The mold collapsed a little under the chin on one side. Screw it.. I will fix it later on the next casting. I gotta get this baby finished for Wizard World in Portland, OR. So, on to sanding and primer, and sanding, and filler, and sanding.... but its bed time and I have to work tomorrow. More to come. :D

I can't wait to get off work! Lol its so close! If I get home on time, I should be able to get a base coat down and suit up!

The head is far from done and even farther from perfect, but I got a coat of paint on it and had to wait 45 minutes for it to dry enough to throw the glasses I made on him. Then it was time to suit up!

I cant tell you how happy I am with this. So, here's a picture.. They say that they are worth 1000 words!

Great write up man!

Thanks bud. After wearing Krang for 6 hours today, I have found that he needs some TLC and some upgrades. He was a big hit, but will not stand up to multiple cons unless tweaks are made. I will be cutting him up and wrapping all of the flesh tone EVA foam with 4 way stretch fabric. He was a big hit and I want to be able to wear him for a while. :) this project is far from over now.. Lol

I was super stoked to get a picture with Bill and Brittany Doran!

Beverly and Brett Downen and family! These guys are seriously awesome!

Also ran into an awesome family as April and Casey Jones

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back