Krang Android Suit - TMNT 1987 (PIC HEAVY)

Remember what I said about patience not being my strong suit? Well, Krang STILL isn't dry underneath. I'm starting to think about an alternate medium to use to make him. Any suggestions?

Just put a fan on him and let it run for a while and it'll dry out.

Can't you just move onto the next part and come back to Krang in a day or two? Those sunglasses aren't going to build themselves! :)

Just put a fan on him and let it run for a while and it'll dry out.

Can't you just move onto the next part and come back to Krang in a day or two? Those sunglasses aren't going to build themselves! :)

LOL.. I could.. :D I work Monday-Thursday and have Fri-Sun to work in the shop. I get so 1 track minded I wanted to finish Krang before moving on to the head because I've never sculpted with clay before and that is my plan for the head. I want to sculpt it, make a mold, and cast the head in a resin to wear like a helmet. That way I can achieve that "cone head" shape and possibly wire in a motor so the little antenna on the top can spin! We just got a brand new Hobby Lobby near where I live. It literally opened up this week and I am going first thing in the morning. Hoping they have Monster Clay. I reached out to Steven K Smith from SKS props and he recommended it. So, hopefully they'll have some along with some sculpting supplies.

Well, Hobby Lobby was pretty sweet. They had a much better selection of stuff than both Joann's and Michael's. Unfortunately, there was no Monster Clay. So now I'm going to have to order it online and wait. :( So, on to other parts. I made the bracelets and then started to weather the metallic painted parts with black acrylic paint.

Made, painted, and weathered... KRANG WAS DRY! So, I went to town.

Last edited:
Big TMNT fan here (loved the first '90ies movie very much).Your build is awesome so far ! :thumbsup
I hope you'll get lots of positive feedback on and outside the forum :cool

bro! this build hit me from left field after your dead space build. wasn't expecting this at all LOL great work so far as always! will def be looking forward to more pic's!! :thumbsup

bro! this build hit me from left field after your dead space build. wasn't expecting this at all LOL great work so far as always! will def be looking forward to more pic's!! :thumbsup

Thanks man. Its a little different than Isaac Clarke that is for sure! :D I'm on hold until my order of Monster Clay gets filled. They are apparently on back order due to Halloween. So to pass the time, I'm making a set of 1987 animated series Shredder armor. I started Friday morning and only have the helmet left to fabricate.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back