Kneel before zodddd! FINISHED 27/11

fettster

Sr Member
hi all.

having now finished my superman statue, I thought I would have it out my system but looking at him, I was thinking how cool it would be to do a life size Zod to go with him.

anyhow, here is the sculpt as it stands now. I "think" im happy with it enough to start texturing but im gonig to leave it alne for a few day and look at it again with fresh eyes.
Zod.jpg

Zodleft.jpg

Zodright.jpg

as always, comments and critique welcome

Last edited:
Re: Kneel for zodddd!

I'm amazed how much hair and a beard changes the face of a person. I would not be able to say that is Terence Stamp if you had not told it was Zod.

I am always amazed at how you are able to achieve such a solid likeness so quick.

Really nice to see a unique iconic character that not many artists would even attempt.

I'm amazed how much hair and a beard changes the face of a person. I would not be able to say that is Terence Stamp if you had not told it was Zod.

its mainly the eyebrows that lock in a likeness. I did rough in some eyebrows and its amazing what that little difference makes. that said, Im not 100% sure i have got it yet, thats why im going ot take a rest from him and look at him again with fresh eyes

I am always amazed at how you are able to achieve such a solid likeness so quick.

Really nice to see a unique iconic character that not many artists would even attempt.

thanks monte.

I find its really helpfull to scale a front and side photo up to 1.1 scale. that way, you can take caliper measurements in "real time". here are a couple of roughing in photos
zod1.jpg

zod2.jpg

Looks wicked so far Rich, another great piece in the making. I always wanted to see a Zod done and this will be a wicked companion piece to the superman.

Hey Rich, I think it looks really well done, but your right, it is soooo hard to tell when your use to seeing him with his beard and hair. Maybe just photoshop a fast black shadow just to see. But I love it, and cant wait to see more.

That looks amazing... but... it's "Kneel before Zod." Just saying. Seriously though AMAZING work!

-Ash

Love it!!!!

He has that perfect "Why do you say these things, when you know I will kill you?" look :)

Only thing that looks a little off is the lip area. The little folds on the upper lip (cannot remember the name for them, inner nasolabial folds?) look like they need to be a bit bigger. The hair was kinda sparse on Zod's stash, and you could see those pretty well.

Hell of a likeness so far!
Chris

ZOOOOOOOOOOOODDDD! Loveit , always wanted to see someone do this, who better than Fettster, awesome work there!

great work mate :)
nice to see you taking pics of the sculpting process, you normally just bang these things out so quick unless I've popped over you don't get a chance to pick the camera up you work that fast lol

gonna look great once the hair work begins, then he will really become Zod

Cheers guys.

Chris, I'll be adding a bit of weight to the naselobial folds and I think the brow is a bit too meaty so I'll take that in a bit.

Daz, you know I don't really bother with progress photos as what's the point until it starts to look like who it is supposed to be but after what I had with my new reeve sculpt I thought it might silence the doubters

Re: Kneel before zodddd! (sculpt finished)

Staggering stuff. KNEEL indeed!

I can't wait to see him with his beard and hair!

Re: Kneel before zodddd! (sculpt finished)

Absolutely awesome!!! Some of the best texturing work Ive seen. Cant wait
to see this one totally done.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back