KING KONG (2005) Skull Island MAP!

DARTH SABER

Master Member
Whew.
After pulling some strings with some friends over at the studio I finally manged to get the hi-res scans of the front and back of the hero Skull Island map from the film.

Ill be using the scans to create a hand made replica.

Pics coming soon.

DS

Thanks guys.

Here are a couple of pics of the map -

NOTE - Since this map was made available to me as a favor , I certainly don't want it ending up on Ebay . Ive had previous hand drawn maps of mine end up on Ebay without my permission and I don't want the same fate with the Skull Island map.
As of right now Im going to post a low res/ watermarked image of the map .

HeroSkullmap-frontsmall3.jpg

HeroSkullMap-backsmall3.jpg

DS

OK if I give you my first born would there be a way to get a hi-rez of this??? I have wanted this map since I saw the preview..

<div class='quotetop'>(gobler @ Jun 9 2006, 07:45 AM) [snapback]1258856[/snapback]</div>
OK if I give you my first born would there be a way to get a hi-rez of this??? I have wanted this map since I saw the preview..
[/b]

Ditto

:love

<div class='quotetop'>(Kris @ Jun 9 2006, 06:24 AM) [snapback]1258860[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(gobler @ Jun 9 2006, 07:45 AM) [snapback]1258856[/snapback]
[/b]

Ditto

:love
[/b][/quote]

tripple ditto :thumbsup :thumbsup
Will you be offering one of your handdrawn maps?

Great find..

BasD

So what are the sketches on the back? What's all the text say?

And who did you have to blackmail to get it? :lol

-Mike

So coincidental that this would be posted today. I just ripped KK last night and am watching it on my video iPod right now.

<div class='quotetop'>(TFrosst @ Jun 9 2006, 08:57 AM) [snapback]1258935[/snapback]</div>
why offer hand made ones when you can just offer prints of the screen used one?
[/b]

Well, a while back I created a Raiders of the Lost Ark CHachapoyan temple map and offered FREE hi res images on Adamata's site.
The image had a disclaimer stating that the image was for FREE download and for PERSONAL display only and that it was copyrighted by me...A few months later I found someone who was printing copies and selling them on Ebay. Luckily I had most of the auctions Veroed.

If the original Skull Island scan ends up on Ebay I won't have much to justify "vero"-ng the auction (because its not my creation).
So, what Im probably going to do (Still not certain yet) is create a handmade copy and add a couple of small "tells" or details on the map that only I know about.
This way Ill be able to indentify it on Ebay as being one of mine, and will have more justification to remove it from Ebay.

DS

If the original Skull Island scan ends up on Ebay I won't have much to justify "vero"-ng the auction (because its not my creation).
So, what Im probably going to do (Still not certain yet) is create a handmade copy and add a couple of small "tells" or details on the map that only I know about.
This way Ill be able to indentify it on Ebay as being one of mine, and will have more justification to remove it from Ebay.

DS
[/quote]

Well I am tankfull you are working on this. Would love to have one.
Would it be a option to ad and remove some minor details from the Hi Res scan?
Then a least you know if someone is selling your gift.

Either way I am glad something like this is coming :thumbsup :thumbsup

Greetings,

BasD

<div class='quotetop'>(DARTH SABER @ Jun 9 2006, 10:48 AM) [snapback]1258987[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(TFrosst @ Jun 9 2006, 08:57 AM) [snapback]1258935[/snapback]
why offer hand made ones when you can just offer prints of the screen used one?
[/b]

Well, a while back I created a Raiders of the Lost Ark CHachapoyan temple map and offered FREE hi res images on Adamata's site.
The image had a disclaimer stating that the image was for FREE download and for PERSONAL display only and that it was copyrighted by me...A few months later I found someone who was printing copies and selling them on Ebay. Luckily I had most of the auctions Veroed.

DS
[/b][/quote]

I would go one better. Add a different detail marking to each individual map you sell. Keep a list of each person to which map. You would hope that no one would copy your work, but at least you'd know who it was that did it. Anyhow, nice score :thumbsup

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back