JURASSIC WORLD Owen Grady Costume

Hey everybody. Just found this forum about Owen Grady I made a costume for Halloween. It wasn't anything special but I really want to make a screen accurate one. Anyway there is a lot of information here so I was hoping someone who made a screen accurate costume could let me know all the pieces they used. I already have a nice leather vest and I know dragonworks makes the sheaths. I also was wonder if anyone got a replica knife from the person who made the real one. I sent him an email a few days ago and have not heard back. Thanks for the help guys!

Is there a close enough watch to the Casio that is less expensive? I have no use for it other than the costume, so don't really want to drop $70-80 on it

So has anybody gotten a response from Steve Auvenshine - Tried email & phone this week with no response...

I'd like to get the sheath from Dragon - But need a knife first to fit it.

Failing getting an Auvenshine knife anybody find anything pretty close?

knives.jpg

So what does the jury think of these alternatives off of budk.com?

I spoke to Steve a couple of weeks ago via email. His Knife is $500 plus shipping. They take him 2weeks to build as the blade is hand forged & filed, and he also makes his own mosaic pins. His waiting list is currently several months.
Beautiful for a display piece, but not practical for Con's.
I've ordered my knife sheath & tool holder from Dennis & he is supplying a template for the knife blade. I've found some timber with a grain pattern that should look pretty close once I stain & estapol it, and I've found a length of brass mosaic pin that will be close enough for a static prop. I'm going to make the blade out of perspex so that I can wear the sheath at a Con & have the handle visible, it will never be out of the sheath.

How long do you think it will take for Steve to email me back?

He got back to me within a couple of days, probably just be patient with him as his shop is a one man band & it sounds like he's got a lot of orders on.

- - - Updated - - -

How long is the blade on that knife?

I haven't got any measurements on it mate. If you order the sheath from Dennis he can supply the template for you.

Scaling from the 1-1/2" Orvis belt i come up with:

Knife - 8-3/8" length
Knife + Sheath - 10-1/4"

Anybody confirm?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back