JURASSIC WORLD Owen Grady Costume

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by MartyMcPhly, Apr 22, 2015.

1. MartyMcPhly

MartyMcPhly Jr Member

Hey guys, was surprised to see no one had started a thread on this costume so I figured I would share some of the info I've uncovered in the hunt to put mine together!

On a whim, I actually reached out to one of the film's costume designers via social media and much to my surprise he responded and was super nice and helpful.

"We made Chris Pratt's shirts as we needed so many multiples but it was indeed based on a tropical outdoorsman shirt from REI or some company like that. We looked at so many inspiration shirts, I can't remember which . It was also overdyed to give it a more organic earthy rugged look. We also made the leather safari style vest. Good luck!"

THE SHIRT
    This came after looking at just about every safari/guide/fishing/outdoorsman-style shirt on the internet. I looked at the shirts on REI's site but none featured the unique details seen in the hi-res images released thus far. And then I came across the Men's Aransas Pass Long Sleeve Shirt at Academy Sports & Outdoors which is an almost identical match. The one catch is they do not make it in that grey blue-ish color. But as he said, they over-dyed his shirt for the film which you can do with the light blue color to get it screen accurate. You'd also have to replace the buttons which is easy. If you don't want to go to that trouble, a good alternate is the Columbia Men's Tamiami II Long Sleeve Shirt. Perfect color and similar in style and detail. Just not screen accurate. There are a number of other similar shirts in that color that will work. Just have to do a little digging!

Chris Pratt i Jurassic World 2.jpeg
    Chris Pratt i Jurassic World 3.jpeg Chris Pratt i Jurassic World.jpeg
    DdnRanO.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-25 at 10.33.11 PM.png

THE VEST
    The vest is already being reproduced by a number of online replica jacket makers. Not sure on the quality of those. I actually found the one they used for inspiration which is very similar in detail right down to the pockets and zippers. I just received mine and IT'S PERFECT. So happy with it. Really nice leather, very good quality and fits great. It's listed as black but actually looks very dark brown just like Grady's. The best part is it's a whole $100 cheaper than the reproductions!

THE BOOTS
    The boots I have not ID'd. The costume designer simply noted "The boots were some simple rough out boots." I have followed up with him to see if he can give me the brand but based on all the hi-res photos and screen shots, the details make them appear to be Timberland Earthkeepers Chelsea pull-on style boots. Though Timberland makes a number of men's boots like this that are all similar but differ in detail. I haven't been about to ID them as the only photo you get a good look at them in is this one.

IMG_4399.JPG

THE PANTS
    A lot of Grady's costume is very off-the-rack-looking clothing (giving him that everyman look) that can be found at a lot of stores while still achieving a screen accuracy. The pants are a basic 5-pocket canvas or twill pants in a dark gray. Those can be found just about anywhere.

THE BELT
    The costume designer also noted that they made his belt. However, it is a basic style dark brown leather with a gold buckle that you can easily find.

THE ACCESSORIES
    Other costume elements include a watch (which the costume designer said he thinks was "a navy seal style watch."). I'm sure that will be ID'd once the film comes out and we get a look at it on the big screen. He also wears a knife sheath the back of the belt and knife holster worn on the side of the belt. They made those too so best just to get one off Amazon that will do the job.

THE GUN
    Grady's gun is a Marlin Model 1895SBL fitted with a scope and shoulder strap. They unfortunately do not make a airsoft replica of this gun however they do make very similar toy and airsoft replicas of lever action Winchester rifles that you can alter to look like the Marlin.

Chris Pratt i Jurassic World 2.jpeg

Chris Pratt i Jurassic World 3.jpeg

Chris Pratt i Jurassic World.jpeg

DdnRanO.png

Screen Shot 2014-11-25 at 10.33.11 PM.png

IMG_4399.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
    AllieGator, harmfulAdam and StcMedia like this.
  2. TheWaitingRoman

TheWaitingRoman Active Member

I never bothered to make a thread because I didn't have a whole lot to add. Somehow I missed the bit about his shirt but I've been staring at the "air strip" style shirts from a brand called Ex Officio. I definitely like the shirts you have linked here, and probably gonna jump on that vest you posted as well. Working on putting this together in time for the premiere but we'll see, may have to debut at a con towards the end of the year.

3. DL Rebecca

DL Rebecca New Member

Hi there! Actually, Dragon Leatherworks made the belt and accessories, but we haven't added them to our website yet. :)
    JW Sheath.JPG Leatherman.jpg

4. 4ReaLZ

4ReaLZ New Member

This is a great post! One question about the shirt. Do you know what color dye they used to dye the shirt or any suggestions on what color to dye the Aransas Pass Blue/White shirt to make the color mach the color in the film?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  5. precursor

precursor Jr Member

I'm starting to put this costume together. For the shirt, I'll probably end up using RIT Dye. They have a wide selection of colors that come in both powders and liquids. Not sure how well the powders work, but the liquids are great if there isn't any kind of weird coating on the fabric (like faux leather). Basically, this shirt will soak up the color really well.

I'll probably use RIT's ROYAL BLUE LIQUID DYE with the Aransas Pass shirt the OP linked. Here's the link to the color:
    http://store.ritstudio.com/liquid-d...rce=Core_RoyalBlueLiquid&utm_campaign=ShopNow

You can find RIT in most Hobby/Fabric stores like Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and JoAnns.

6. MartyMcPhly

MartyMcPhly Jr Member

- - - Updated - - -

That was the dye color I had my eye on as well. Are you going to use the Magellan shirt from Academy? I was trying to figure out if that was still the dye color to go with to achieve screen accuracy considering they unfortunately don't make it in white and the lightest color it's available in is that light blue color. Was wondering what color would come out using that Royal.

Also, I got my Columbia shirt in from Amazon and it's dead on in terms of color and the light grid pattern. If you don't want to mess with dying a shirt, this one works really well. And I have a feeling it's one of the shirts they used as a model for the ones they produced for the film considering the costume designer said they looked at just about every outdoorsman shirt at every major outdoors store and that model of Columbia shirt is one of the most popular. Seems like the color and pattern was inspired by the Columbia Men's Tamiami II Long Sleeve Shirt and the details were inspired by the Men's Aransas Pass Long Sleeve Shirt at Academy Sports & Outdoors

7. MartyMcPhly

MartyMcPhly Jr Member

An update on the gun. The closest thing in detail to a Marlin Model 1895SBL I've found in an airsoft/air rifle/BB gun is the classic Daisy Red Ryder, which you'll have to paint and add a cheap $10 scope to though that is not too difficult. There's a few online tutorials just a Google search away! For the scope, both Daisy and Crosman make ones that are compatible but none that appear screen accurate. For that, I would go with something like this. It's the same shape as the scope Grady has on his gun in the film.

As for the strap, I haven't been able to ID that yet. It appears to be black canvas and rubber with vertical slots that hold bullets. Curious if our friends from Dragon Leatherworks made that too?!

View attachment 478582

8. MartyMcPhly

MartyMcPhly Jr Member

Wow! Those are beautiful. Any idea when they'll be available on your site?

Also, would you mind posting a photo of the belt so we can see the buckle detail? Thank you!

9. delta88

delta88 Active Member

The sling is a Butler Creek Ultra Cartridge sling.

10. precursor

precursor Jr Member

I like the Columbia shirt a lot and would agree that the color is waaaay more accurate than the Aransas Pass shirt, and dealing with dye can be a hassle, BUT... I'm a little OCD for screen accuracy and I just can't get around the pockets on the Columbia shirt. I like the pockets on the Aransas Pass shirt more... Hahaha. I guess ultimately it comes down to whether or not you want to dye a shirt or buy one and be finished... Both are great options, and it's nice to know you were looking at the same color dye as I am... ;-)

11. precursor

precursor Jr Member

Hey everybody! With some digging, I found a pretty good reproduction of the vest, available in genuine leather or faux leather. It comes pre-distressed, which I think is nice, considering the other repros do not (at least the ones I've seen). I might order it, but I want your opinions. I've provided the link to the site below. Place seems legit, but they've been around since 2009 and I haven't been able to dig up too many reviews. The link will take you to their black version of the vest. I've posted an image with the brown version here, which is closer to the screen color. Let me know what you guys think. I'd hate to get excited, jump the gun, and then be scammed.

http://sky-seller.com/Halloween-Costumes/jurassic-world-chris-pratt-vest

large.jpg

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  12. MartyMcPhly

MartyMcPhly Jr Member

I've always had pretty bad luck with those sites. They're often inconsistent, use cheap materials and shoddy workmanship. They trick you with photos of a product that you don't actually receive when you order. The photo on the site where you can see the actual vest and it's pre-distressing makes it look black and not very accurate. You can tell it's made of cheap shiny leather as well. I can't say enough good things about this vest that I ordered and received, which is such quality leather and the color is almost dead on (a very dark brown that will distress better). So happy with it. And a fraction of the price.

13. precursor

precursor Jr Member

Thank you for the input. My gut was telling me not to get that vest and go with the one you originally posted (for all the reasons you just listed, and a few more). Plus, I can distress that one myself, to my liking. I will say, in the defense of the company I linked to, they were good about responding via e-mail in a timely manner. HOWEVER, my "Spidey-Sense" went off when I saw it came from a mobile phone, and when asked where their stuff shipped from, they simply said they had a warehouse in the United States. Just figured the link and their offerings would at least be good for discussion.

I'm ordering my vest and shirt today! Gonna go with the vest you posted and the Aransas Pass shirt option and dye it. I'll post photos here as I go so you guys can see how it turns out! Also, for all of your information, my friend/roommate and I will be making a Jurassic World Logo Sign for our appartment. We MIGHT offer those in the near future, but I'll at least toss a pic on here so you guys can see how that turns out too!

14. MartyMcPhly

MartyMcPhly Jr Member

The one item I've had trouble ID'ing is Grady's watch...I can never get a look at the face since he's wearing it John McClane style. The costume designer wasn't much help here, telling me "a navy seal style watch." The classic Navy Seal watch is a Luminox 3000 Series. The glimpses I've caught in the trailers somewhat resemble the all black face model of this watch with white hands (the only detail of the face I've caught). Though the shape doesn't look like a Luminox, which is more perfectly rounded. This watch looks bulky. The band is the best view we've gotten, which is the double clasp. That said, this is also the type of band Casio G-Shocks use, which is another go-to military watch and much more resembles the watch in this photo.

54ceb7e3e7bcf2ae15394c8d_super-bowl-jurassic-world.jpg

One of the more recent videos on the Jurassic World Facebook ALMOST reveals the watch as Chris Pratt is making as joke about his watch but we never see it. Though it does appear to have side buttons, which the Luminox does not and the G-Shock does.

54ceb7e3e7bcf2ae15394c8d_super-bowl-jurassic-world.jpg

15. Mike J.

Mike J. Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Managed to find this shot. Only slightly better than nothing...

Attached Files:

16. delta88

delta88 Active Member

I've always thought is was a Casio GA100-1A1CU. Still waiting for that perfect picture to confirm.

17. pangarang

pangarang New Member

I ordered the Magellan shirt (thanks, Marty McPhly!) and put a little comprehensive guide to dying it for screen accuracy.
    These images were made using Photoshop, to avoid wasting actual dye that I purchased.

1) Here is the original shirt. I'm working with the intention of having the base colour contribute to 50% of the final colour.
    01_original.jpg

2) Here are the 3 colours I ordered from: http://www.dharmatrading.com/dyes/idye-for-natural-and-poly-fabrics.html
    Because this shirt is a polyester shirt, be sure to ORDER THE POLYESTER DYES.
    The colours I ordered were:

a) Turquoise (Mixing with the original colour of the shirt to form the base colour)
    b) Royal Blue (for darkness)
    c) Silver (for desaturation)

I played around with some photoshop settings, keeping in mind that the original shirt colour will be contributing to 50% of the final colour and came up with the following formula.

02_colours.jpg

To ensure the dyes don't completely take over the original shirt colour, I am mixing in more than the recommended amount of water.
    Royal Blue and Silver = 1:8 dye/water ratio each
    Turquoise = 1:4 dye/water ratio

3) And the final result, in theory should be as follows:
    03_dyed.jpg

18. Mike J.

If you're really careful, you may want to dye it lightly multiple times...

Dye it once, let it dry, compare the colors, tweak the dye mix, dye it again, let it dry, compare the colors, etc.

Good luck :)

19. augofett

augofett Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Multitool:
    Leatherman 831624 OHT Coyote Tan Duty-Specific Multi-Tool

20. MartyMcPhly

MartyMcPhly Jr Member

Thought the same thing. But before I gambled away $81.50, I ordered this G-Shock knock-off. Same basic details , including the shape and the double clasp/double hole band. It'll do for now, until it gets ID'd. Actually not a bad everyday wear watch. Actually ended up ordering the army green one as well because I liked it so much!

Here's a few of the best shots of the watch that give you an overall idea of the style:

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed-3.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

Seeing the film on Wednesday afternoon so perhaps getting some glimpses on a giant screen will finally solve the mystery!

21. MartyMcPhly

MartyMcPhly Jr Member

Nice find! Now what about that beautiful buck knife?! Custom made I'd imagine.

22. augofett

I don´t remember the artisan´s name, but here is a picture of him finishing the knife.
    (Edit) Actually he is Steve Auvenshine from Kentucky.
    NJTQCtY.jpg

Leatherman
    LM831624b.jpg

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  23. 4ReaLZ

4ReaLZ New Member

- - - Updated - - -

I was wondering if there was an update on dying the shirt? I ordered all the same dyes and have the same exact shirt. I'm really trying to make sure I dye mine the right way. You said you added more than the recommended amount of water, how much water did you use?

Is there anyway I could get you to go into more detail about how the dying process should go? I've never dyed a shirt before. THANKS!

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  24. TheWaitingRoman

Been working on this most the day after finally realizing I needed to get a jump start. Ordered the Jafrum motorcycle vest linked in the thread which luckily ships very close to my home town. Still debating on a few shirts including those found here and some from my own research.

What I really wanted to share was the boots I found which I think may actually be screen accurate. I looked into the Timberland Earthkeepers and noticed that they included one extra cross shaped tread on the soles towards the heel so I went hunting to see if this rang true on all their boots like this and the answer was yes.

So then I found a pair of used boots on eBay from J. Crew that looked good in photos and even proved to have a screen accurate tread. I don't have any other info on them unless the shoe has an inner tag to answer questions once I recieve them but here's a photo-

$_57.jpg

Worn down but definitely identical.

As for pants thought I'd share what I'm going with, easy buy on eBay

HERE (in grey obviously)

25. MartyMcPhly

MartyMcPhly Jr Member

Not bad on those J. Crew boots. Costume designer told me specifically his were a brand of Timberlands. He refered to them as "rough out boots" which isn't a model but just a generic term for certain types of boots.

The elusive thing about the boots is, in the photos where you get a good look at the bottom, there is no logo visible. Most Timberlands have some sort of bright yellow or green rubber labeling on the bottom, usually signifying the type of sole/rubber the boot has. I guess it could have been removed digitally considering it could have been seen as distracting to the eye. And as you mentioned, most of them have two cross shaped treads unlike Grady's, which has only one. And the main treads are different on most of the boots I've looked at. So the search continues. Luckily, there are a lot of pull-on/Chelsea-style boots in that color that will work and get you close enough to screen accurate! I'm really happy with these that I got on Amazon. I've actually just been wearing them a lot to rough them up and they're a great boot. Main thing you want to make sure of is that they have that stitching and are not solid on the front (not sure how to better explain that so I've included pics below).

IMG_4306.JPG

IMG_4305.PNG

81no4f53Q9L._UX500_.jpg

As for those pants, they're close but the material is wrong. His are a canvas material. Old Navy has the perfect ones in the perfect color and fit right now.

26. augofett

The belt looks very close to this Timberland. Not exact exact, but really close.
    B5FqqUkCEAA7nyaa.jpg $_57.JPG

The watch is defenetely a Casio G-shock, as the strap matches perfectly (you can even see the six small holes/dimples on it)

unnamed-2aa.jpg Clip_2.jpg

Shared by:

G-Shock Ga 100 1a1 as mentioned before by Delta88

. Clip.jpg

Casio G-Shock Ga 120 1a

GA 120 1a.jpg

From the position of what I believe is the smallest third hand I personally think it´s the Ga 100

unnamed-1a.jpg

It also seems they painted the silver buckle black.

009aa.jpg 001a.jpg JW_Carbineaa.jpg

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  27. TheWaitingRoman

Going off real world photos of the costume on display at CityWalk Hollywood I think the pants I got match almost exactly. The structure is much more evident.

I have also found that brands are of little relevance to designers- they get brands wrong all the time. Remembering one thing over another. I have been in contact with several over the years who always get at least one or two things wrong and prove to be something else. Not saying the boots I got are exact but when nothing seems to line up from a brand that tends to be my conclusion.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually ended up buying that exact belt.

Nice on the watch, guess I have another purchase to make.

28. augofett

Pictures?

29. DL Rebecca

DL Rebecca New Member

I am so sorry this took so long! In part I was waiting for a better look at the belt, to be sure they actually used ours. They may have (it's hard to tell, since we didn't send it weathered), but it isn't our buckle. The knife sheath and multi-tool holster aren't specifically on the website yet, but can be ordered as specialty items. Everything we do is hand-made, and he is charging $50 for the holster and $100 for the hand-fitted sheath (we'd need the knife sent to us for the fit). I don't want to abuse my membership by posting an ad for our work, but the website is www.dlwtn.com. The picture below is obviously of a much shorter and less pointy blade.

left_and_right_set.jpg

Uncharted Leather likes this.
  30. Mike J.

Here's the back side of the wristwatch strap.

Attached Files:

31. augofett

Nice close up Mike. Either a gA 100 or 120 as posted before, buckle painted black
    I just saw the movie and not a close up or clear shot of the watch.
    In a B roll, Chris pratt jokes about his own speed measured with the watch, Both models do that, but Casio site says that the GA 120 is based on a motorcycle design...tip here?
    The Ga 120 comes all black too. What I think are the hands of the watch may be reflections playing games.
    Conclusion? I don´t know.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  32. jonnytrooper

jonnytrooper Well-Known Member

Great stuff guys! Does anyone have any pics of what they have so far? And what do we think about the henley? Homespun? http://www.styleforum.net/t/271539/homespun-knitwear-short-sleeve-henley-size-large

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  33. augofett

As far as today I have the Leatherman...

which he never gets out of the pouch; contrary to the knife.

34. MartyMcPhly

MartyMcPhly Jr Member

Here's a few photos of my finished costume at last night's opening night of JURASSIC WORLD. On a Triumph Scrambler (the bike he rides in the movie) and in a replica JP Jeep to boot, which definitely helped put on the finishing touches. Really happy with how it all came together. Felt like a looked the part after painstakingly working on this trying to get as SA as possible! Seem to pay off as well as everyone at the theater loved it and was surprised how spot on it looked.

IMG_4172.jpg

IMG_4176.jpg

IMG_4181.jpg

IMG_4158.jpg

IMG_4162.jpg

I'll update with some photos of my custom made Leatherman pouch. I had a friend who is a leatherworker make me one based off the photos from Dragon Leatherworks and it came out really good! Was also really happy with the sub knife I found. Very similar handle shape and blade shape based on the photos posted and the wooden handle has a similar look as well as the three metal pins. Even came with a really nice leather sheath that could easily have that leather loop added so you can wear it horizontal with your belt. Will also add in some of the photos of the Red Ryder Mod I did. That gun is super to disassemble and spray paint silver. Then sand down the wooden stock and stain it to a darker greyish blackish brown. This is the scope you want. It's very close to SA. Trying to find a con alternative. Unfortunately the closest thing that is con permissible is a toy Winchester, which doesn't have the same stock shape...but it'll do the job.

Riceball likes this.
  35. MartyMcPhly

MartyMcPhly Jr Member

Also, before you point it out...yes, I know I apparently resemble Jake Johnson's Lowery character - the heroic hipster Nedry. A lot of people have said that the past two days. No matter how much I try to be the motorcycle riding, Raptor whispering badass, I'll always be the computer nerd with dinosaur toys. haha

la-et-hc-jurassic-world-desk-20150610.jpg la-et-hc-jake-johnson-jurassic-world-20150610.jpg

BUT this has inspired me to start working on that costume. Coincidentally I already own THE EXACT pearlsnap shirt he's wearing in the film. It's a brand sold at Urban Outfitters called Salt Valley (apparently costume designers use that brand in a lot of movies and TV shows).

$_57.JPG $_12.JPG $_57-2.JPG

They sell the vintage-style weathered Jurassic Park logo baseball t on the official Jurassic World online store (luckily it's $18 and not $150 on ebay like his!). The hipster horn rims and that model of retro Casio watch (it's either the A158W-1 or the A168W-1) can easily be found on Amazon. Seems they used a lot of Casios, augofett! UPDATE: From this photo, it looks like a A158W-1, which doesn't have as much labeling on the face as the A168W-1.

2424_D067_00144R.jpg

I'll have to see the film again to get a glimpse of the pants he's wearing. Doubt we ever got a look at his shoes. But he seems like a Converse kind of guy.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  36. jonnytrooper

jonnytrooper Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  37. MartyMcPhly

MartyMcPhly Jr Member

Thanks for that photo! Probably the best look we get at Lowery's whole ensemble. Jeans in that wash will be easy. I have those Chukkas already (Clarks - JJ wears those in New Girl all the time). Might change it up with Chucks though...IMO they'll look better with the outfit and still fit the character's style. I could be wrong but I don't think you ever even see his shoes in the movie.

38. Mike J.

39. RobertMuldoon

RobertMuldoon Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just got out of the film, and loved it!

The raptor training clicker appeared to be the same sort of thing used by paratroopers in Normandy for the D-Day landing. They were a kids' toy called the Cricket made by a British company called ACME. If you look on eBay there are some available, apparently made by the same factory.

40. mhansen

mhansen New Member

I was able to track down that the specific Salt Valley shirt is the Salt Valley Terrence Western Shirt. But at least on the website it is listed as sold out. Any ideas on where more of these might be found? Would the brick&mortar stores possibly still have some?

41. MythMaker

MythMaker Member

Dude! Great build and Bonus Points for getting Krystle Starr and Jurassic Park Fan Girl in there with you!

42. augofett

Finally I decided to buy a watch. I do not know for certain wich model it is.
    It´s a Casio G-Shock (If you look closely to the below photo yo can see the lettering)
    unnamed-2aa.jpg

It´either GA 100 or 120
    Presumably all black body (they painted the buckle black, so they could do that to the G-SHOCK and PROTECTION lettering. AD they did that on other productions)
    You may think I´m wrong (and probably I am) to see hints of green on the watch hands.
    So I chose:
    GA-100C-1A3_2_1024x1024.jpg GA-100C-1A3_3_1024x1024.jpg GA-100C-1A3_4_1024x1024.jpg
    May be some day we ´ll know the exact model and then choose the correct one.

43. scoodidabop

scoodidabop Active Member

Thanks for the tip on the Salt Valley shirt. I knew Colin utilized Jake really nicely in Safety Not Guaranteed and I had a feeling he might have some good lines in Jurassic World. I absolutely loved his character. I'm putting this costume together ASAP! Though I will say the official "ringer" JP shirt on the site you posted has the wonky JP logo with odd lettering. I'll keep looking for a closer match to Johnson's in the meantime.

Had a great time with the JP Explorer here in Houston this past weekend. Now I can focus on tracking down Pratts blue shirt now that the premiere madness is over. Has anyone tried one of these vests? http://www.newamericanjackets.com/product/movie-jurassic-world-2015-owen-chris-pratt-vest.html

44. TheWaitingRoman

Here's Owen from head to toe which I wore to the premiere. Want to do some weathering on the vest for con season but very happy and comfy costume.
    11251162_10204532990745994_7198145214957163858_n.jpg

I also decided to add Lowery to my list. I recognized the Salt Valley shirt by style and found one on Poshmark for $10 bucks in my size. I didn't even bother checking here but that would explain why a medium I was watching on eBay inexplicably disappeared ;)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  45. augofett

Question:
    May a fellow member recieve a Leatherworks Leatherman pouch (of course I will buy it) and resend it to me in an USPS envelope with a "gift" tag? I´ll pay the shipping cost via PayPal.
    Thank you!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  46. Jodo

Jodo Sr Member

I just ordered the leather cargo pouch vest...I got large, which I hope isn't too big. I'm afraid to place the order for the shirt because the sizing issue. Many of the reviews say go a size down; however some say larges should purchase smalls. I'm a medium/large because of my chest, so I'm cautious to purchase a small...

47. CJKent

CJKent Member

Just ordered the Casio GA100-1A1:
    [​IMG]

I'm looking at these Dr Martens Chelsea (2976) in predistressed Aztec leather. Same tread pattern, just in the air wair material:
    [​IMG]

48. mhansen

mhansen New Member

What search terms did you use on Poshmark to find one? On a whim I stopped by an UO and of course they had none in stock, even in close-out. They did a computer search using the SKU (26108498) and it turned up 0 company-wide. While searching she apologized for their computer being as slow as a dinosaur and then laughed because I had already shown her the photo of Lowery. One employee that knows their products pretty well (according to her) saw the movie this weekend and didn't even recognize it as their product. She said the Bruce Lee DJ shirt Tony Stark wore in Age of Ultron was theirs and has since been hard to find, for example.

49. TheWaitingRoman

I actually just searched for Urban Outfitters shirt and there was one sitting there. Pure luck. But the site is helpful for finding stuff when eBay fails, But like I said, just pure luck.

50. Joker31

Joker31 New Member

The leathergoods for the entire film were not made by the production designers, they were bought from Dragon leatherworks, I recently spoke with the owner of the company and the guy who actually did the work. He is working on something for me now that my wife is buying me, a sheath for my cargo pockets to hold my case knife, my inhaler a challenge coin and 5 rounds for my snubnose, all in one sheath. he also made the Raptor mitts for the movie! the sheaths are very expensive but they should be easy to source, I tried getting him to send me pics of the sheath and pieces he made but he is under some order until the international release and the Art books are out. I'll forward what he sends me when I get it if you want, I want him to make me a sheath like in the movie for a knife that was made for my unit before we went to Afghanistan, so I can carry it on my belt, I hate vertical sheathes.

Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing this done, it was a good production design. Chris Pratt is a Gun guy and a hunter so a lot of the stuff was adjusted on set after he got it on, I'm sure. Although I did see his beautiful Marlin 1895, he described as a Savage (Savage owns Marlin so I'm sure it says it on there somewhere, Mine doesnt) and I did see the beautiful LEVER action fired 4 times on screen without a single lever movement. It pains me to see that stuff, it totally took me out of the movie and made me second guess him as an actor if he let that go.

Edit: Seems I talked to the wrong place, I spoke with Dragon Holsterworks in Ponte Vedra Fl, just wanted to update that because That guy evidently is blowing smoke and he must of told the wrong person, Cant get ahold of him now, all I have is a reciept for my payment of $250 and no product, gotta love the internet, third time I have been taken this year so if anyone mistakenly gets ahold of the guy (His name is Dale Daniels) do not give him money. I just Googled the Stuff from Dragon Leatherworks, they are the same pictures the guy sent me in my email so beware of who your dealing with. You want to make sure your dealing with Dragon Leatherworks. if its ok with them, I'll put a link here to their business. I hate to see someone use someone else's work to scam people but I guess it happens. Even worse thing is that I met him at a Wounded Veteran function where he was taking deposits for work, hope someone catches the guy. I'm calling the Sheriffs department tomorrow to see what can be done.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018