JURASSIC WORLD Owen Grady Costume

Again I ask, did anyone get the vest from Flesh and Hide? I have not only had problems with my purchase, it has been a real tooth-puller to get any response from them.

Just an FYI, the Orvis shirts are on sale for $49 online. I went in to a local store today to pick up the grey and they honored the online price (in store they were $59)

so...havent been on here in a while, good to see things are still motoring a long, i am currently on the gun now, was going to buy a toy gun (which i did) and a scope (which i did) to mod on to it.........so when i got the gun it's quite short so i'm making it longer :lol took it apart and got the steel tubes/barrel the correct length, but then the forestock/forend (no idea which is correct terminology) looks too short so now i am making it bigger by creating a new piece out of wood, hate being so bloody picky! once that's done i will be fixing the scope painted silver to it and will be a pretty good prop. this is the base of what i got will post finished image soon as i'm done! gun on a budget lol.

owen grady gun prop scope.jpgowen grady rifle prop.jpg

Still wanting to be sure before I pull the trigger which one it is. May have to wait til the BluRay:
Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 4.38.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-28 at 4.38.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-28 at 4.38.32 PM.png

Also, I know this is so minute, but I'm also trying to find the right bandana.
Notice the square line color is the same as the tear drops in the screen used? Most I've seen are not this way:
atbnsp0431.gifScreen Shot 2015-09-28 at 4.42.51 PM.png

There are plenty of 4x Bluray resolution tha show the watch being black. I should discard the gray one (middle) I don´t know the real difference between left and right model.

Ive been reading through this thread for the past few days and i must say you guys are incredible at finding the correct peices of costumes. I am looking for a few items not really for costume purposes but just to add to my closet( i have a feeling i dress simillar to a real owen would).
First the pants seem to be confirmed as j brands but they are above what i want to spend on jeans. What are some cheaper pants of the same colour ( dont need to be screen acurate in the details i just like the colour)? Ive seen the gap and wranglers mentioned but is anything more colour accurate than them.

Second is a question for Dennis or anybody who has got a knife sheath from him. How tight does he make the retention? I made one myself with a simmilar look but to match my belt and if i shake it hard the knife will come out but light shaking is fine. Ive never had it fall out with wear. I did this by wet forming and water hardening the leather. I plan on building mk 2 soon because i cut the first one putting the knife in it one time and if possible would like the retention of mine to be as good as the real deal

Last edited:
Second is a question for Dennis or anybody who has got a knife sheath from him. How tight does he make the retention? I made one myself with a simmilar look but to match my belt and if i shake it hard the knife will come out but light shaking is fine. Ive never had it fall out with wear. I did this by wet forming and water hardening the leather.

With very hard shaking, it will not come out.

I plan on building mk 2 soon because i cut the first one putting the knife in it one time and if possible would like the retention of mine to be as good as the real deal

If you want it as good as the real deal....order the real deal. :)

"If you want it as good as the real deal....order the real deal. :)"

Unfortunately i cant im from canada :( dont suppose your willing to give your secret methods away?

Last edited:
Unfortunately i cant im from canada :( dont suppose your willing to give your secret methods away?

I take orders from Canada, and can make a knife sheath for your knife. Drop me an e-mail, I'll explain how you need to trace out your knife and send me the tracing, then you too can have the real deal. :)

Higher resolution watch scan

Jurassic World (2015).mkv_20150930_083958.738_a.jpg

really chipped silver buckle

Jurassic World (2015).mkv_20150930_100437.818_a.jpg

Knife detail; with saw on it´s back and a black spot (maybe manufacturer´s logo?)

Jurassic World (2015).mkv_20150930_085011.154_a.jpg

Knife detail; with saw on it´s back and a black spot (maybe manufacturer´s logo?)

That looks more like file work/jimping than a saw.

Where did that picture come from, is that from the scene under the vehicle? The previous pictures of the knife out of its sheath had no bevel, no file work and more of a drop point than this one's more clip point style. This must be the 'hero' version and the plainer one a stunt version that only ever lived in the sheath.

- - - Updated - - -

"If you want it as good as the real deal....order the real deal. :)"

You could try putting some rare earth magnets in the sheath, assuming you have a steel blade that should help retention massively.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back