JOHN WICK CHAPTER 3 Continental Building Photo

Darrk1

Looking for some help here as I am trying construct the Data Sheet regarding The Continental from John Wick Chapter 3. It is seen briefly and I have the picture seen at the top of the sheet seen on screen but this lower one refuses to be found. Image Searches return nothing that matches. Any ideas?
Search.jpg

Maybe a search for vintage photos of the beaver bldg will turn something up
That was my first stop. Then even the Flatiron building and then elevated rail lines. It's a real head scratcher.
Wondering if it was entirely photoshopped. The signage is, obviously.

Not much to go on there. I've had a look but found nothing similar. Sorry.

Do you know for sure what building it is? I haven't seen the film yet.

Not any hard evidence that it is actually The Beaver Building used in the film. There are rail lines running alongside and I can't find any old shots of that area with quite so much railway. My guess now is that it's either a total fabrication or an archive photo they have been given access to that isn't online. Not EVERYTHING is on the internet as much as we'd like it to be.

Search for The Cocoa Exchange building, that's what the building is also called. 1 Wall Street Court is the building.
That had elevated railway next to it.

Also search the new york city archives. Looks like an aerial shot. Or shot from the top of the Brooklyn Bridge. Could be a cropping of a much larger area.

Totally not the same, but check out the railways on front of the building. Where it splits on the top is very similar.

Attachments

• tumblr_ngpoumI76C1sdzmuoo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ngpoumI76C1sdzmuoo1_1280.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 257
I found this one of the Flatiron building (ON THE LEFT) and although it isn't exact it's the closest I have found so I am going to go ahead and use it until such time I find the real one.

Some details actually match up like the two pieces of wood mid-left and the wagons top-left so I am beginning to think it's a photomontage.

Def a montage. The railway from my pic is the correct one. The left side details and sign from your left pic and then we're still missing the actual building that is used behind the construction sign. When you find it, I can do the montage for you.

The Continental hotel in the film is Delmonico's ,a restaurant in lower Manhattan, South Williams street. The Bar scenes where John meets Winston, were the interior of Delmonico's restaurant.

Last edited:
The Continental hotel in the film is Delmonico's ,a restaurant in lower Manhattan, South Williams street. The Bar scenes where John meets Winston, were the interior of Delmonico's restaurant.

The outside is most definitely not Delmonicos. Inside maybe. Look at the stairs in front.

Attachments

• 2AD052C7-F270-4FDA-A8B4-2931CBE03928.jpeg
    2AD052C7-F270-4FDA-A8B4-2931CBE03928.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6,054
  • B4237E9C-D7F7-4F9C-94D8-AFE126760346.jpeg
    B4237E9C-D7F7-4F9C-94D8-AFE126760346.jpeg
    948.3 KB · Views: 355

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back