JAWS the shark named Bruce.

huh, has the shark been removed? googleearth has a new pic of the junkyard and I watched at that palmtrees for 20mins now and I can't see Brucie :eek

huh, has the shark been removed? googleearth has a new pic of the junkyard and I watched at that palmtrees for 20mins now and I can't see Brucie :eek

If you saw the last episode of Hollywood Treasure, they were trying very hard to get the Junkyard owner to sell...

Did they save any of the sharks from the Jaws sequels? Were they made by similar methods, or something completely different?

I know that in the Boneyard at Universal Studios Orlando a while ago (along with the Lazarus Machine from the live action "Casper" film, and Burt Reynolds Car from "Cop and a Half"), they had the mechanical shark from "Jaws: The Revenge" there, and by the way it looks, it's actually much smaller than the mechanical sharks used at the Jaws ride in the park (which makes me think that maybe the ones in the ride are much closer to the ones used in the first film).

I was kind of hoping that something would be done with the old fella between the start of this thread and now, but it appears that he's still there (at least he was this time last year)...

JY-Jaws-2012.jpg

11409 Penrose ST Sun Valley CA - Google Maps

Cheers,

Kraig

Last edited:
I'm glad someone bumped this thread! I wouldn't have known about it as it was started before my time at the RPF. I'm so pissed at this story, as a kid Jaws terrified and fascinated me, even to this day I won't swim in a lake or at the beach lol. The fact that this guy knows what he has and what it means to the masses of Jaws fans, rich, poor, and everyone in between, and chooses to let it rot in some skeevy junk yard makes me sick. As much as I hate the idea, maybe this DB could be persuaded to at least let some fans try to restore it and give it proper shelter from the elements, allow it to stay in his s&)thole and make him money. At least it'd be preserved until our kids could have a chance to buy it from his kids lol. Such a shame.....Now I'm off to watch Jaws!!!

Not a fan of the guy who owns the place . Its a junk yard thats really all that matters. The guy doesn't own a bait shop or an aquarium . Destroying a piece of cinema history is what he is doing plain and simple . I think after seeing him on Tv most people don't even bother making him an offer on the shark
he rubs people the wrong way with his attitude towards it.. I really don't think he has enough brains to take a few hundred K if he was offered . Honestly think he is just happy its rotting away and he knows it bothers people.

If he is such a great business man like he thinks he is and charges what ever he does why not have it restored and put it in doors then? I mean you have something thats worth money so why not keep it that way?

He is going to eventually reach a critical mass where its not going to look like a shark and totally become junk then what sell it for scrap like a old car?

I started my career at Dreamworks back in the day as a PA - my boss, or head PA at the time was a guy named Marc Raymer - about a month in I learned he was Bruce Raymer's son - boy the stories he had. He and his brothers were in the Halloween segment in ET - they had New Years parties at Clint Eastwoods place - great stuff - he should write a book

I've just seen a commercial for a new show yet to air on Australian TV "Hollywood Treasure" with Joe Maddelana (then I looked it up on the net and found the show is 2 years old already and has already seen on US TV) and Joe drops into the car yard where "Bruce" is located. It will be interesting when it finally airs here (I'm too lazy to watch it online) to see what it's like.

I've just seen a commercial for a new show yet to air on Australian TV "Hollywood Treasure" with Joe Maddelana (then I looked it up on the net and found the show is 2 years old already and has already seen on US TV) and Joe drops into the car yard where "Bruce" is located. It will be interesting when it finally airs here (I'm too lazy to watch it online) to see what it's like.

it's like american pickers, only high end hollywood screen used props.. been watching it online.. australian tv sucks a lil bit :(

The shark from finding nemo was also named Bruce :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back