Is this the Luke V2 Saber?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by James Kenobi 1138, Apr 1, 2006.

1. James Kenobi 1138

James Kenobi 1138 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I was looking at this pic of Ben Kenobi from ANH and thinking that this might be what we now call the Luke ROTJ V2 saber because of the wire comming out of the clamp. On the V2, we know that at one time it was painted mostly black like this saber, and due to lots of wear and tear the paint has worn off.

What to you guys think?
    [image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/obiV2.jpg[/image]

2. Darth_Pain

Darth_Pain Well-Known Member

WHAT THE. :eek

It looks like it.

3. VegasSkywalker

VegasSkywalker Well-Known Member

You know, Ive seen that pic before, but I dont think Ive ever put the two together. Nice find.. That definately looks like the V2..

-Mike

4. Serafino

Serafino Sr Member

Uh, what else would it be? :p

I thought everyone just knew that's what it was...

Come to think of it, is that picture reversed? Didn't he have his wire going up the other sleeve at the beginning of the Vader duel?

5. Darth_Pain

Darth_Pain Well-Known Member

It looks like Obi-wans saber from the grenade up but, from the clamp down it looks like the V2.

6. Banquo Fett

Banquo Fett Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised by this pic at all. Hasn't this pic been discussed already and confirmed as the V2?

the pic was included in the photo section on the trilogy DVDs

7. lonepigeon

lonepigeon Sr Member

Yep, the V2 is a second Kenobi stunt saber from ANH. It came from the same mold as the "shared stunt". It still had a blade attached during ESB when Mark Hamill used it for saber practice.
    That pic came up back when the DVD's came out.

8. kurtyboy

kurtyboy Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

So the rod wasn't added during filming of ROTJ?

9. Howard

Howard Sr Member

Old news - great pic though.

Howard.

10. ortiz34

ortiz34 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that thinks thats the black grenade style grip not the rotj grip?
    If so, that aint a v2 right?

11. LogansRunner

LogansRunner Well-Known Member

It's just painted to look similar on the grenade section, and the paint just war off in time. At least, thats what I gathered..

12. Serafino

Serafino Sr Member

I assume you mean that the rings look segmented? If that's what's throwing you, I believe it's just a very strong highlight on a black object which is throwing you. Note that Sir Alec's finger blocks the highlight on one side, making it look extra narrow--and coincidentally just around the same width as a frag segment would be.

13. lesternessman

lesternessman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've got that pic too and never noticed it. I thought it was the power cord from the shots seen in the duel and never thought to connect it to the v2. News to me..