Is this the Luke V2 Saber?

James Kenobi 1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was looking at this pic of Ben Kenobi from ANH and thinking that this might be what we now call the Luke ROTJ V2 saber because of the wire comming out of the clamp. On the V2, we know that at one time it was painted mostly black like this saber, and due to lots of wear and tear the paint has worn off.

What to you guys think?
[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/obiV2.jpg[/image]

You know, Ive seen that pic before, but I dont think Ive ever put the two together. Nice find.. That definately looks like the V2..

-Mike

Uh, what else would it be? :p

I thought everyone just knew that's what it was...

Come to think of it, is that picture reversed? Didn't he have his wire going up the other sleeve at the beginning of the Vader duel?

I'm not surprised by this pic at all. Hasn't this pic been discussed already and confirmed as the V2?

the pic was included in the photo section on the trilogy DVDs

Yep, the V2 is a second Kenobi stunt saber from ANH. It came from the same mold as the "shared stunt". It still had a blade attached during ESB when Mark Hamill used it for saber practice.
That pic came up back when the DVD's came out.

Originally posted by ortiz34@Apr 2 2006, 11:02 PM
Am I the only one that thinks thats the black grenade style grip not the rotj grip?
If so, that aint a v2 right?
[snapback]1218461[/snapback]​

It's just painted to look similar on the grenade section, and the paint just war off in time. At least, thats what I gathered..

I assume you mean that the rings look segmented? If that's what's throwing you, I believe it's just a very strong highlight on a black object which is throwing you. Note that Sir Alec's finger blocks the highlight on one side, making it look extra narrow--and coincidentally just around the same width as a frag segment would be.

Originally posted by ortiz34@Apr 2 2006, 02:02 PM
Am I the only one that thinks thats the black grenade style grip not the rotj grip?
If so, that aint a v2 right?
[snapback]1218461[/snapback]​

Yeah, I've got that pic too and never noticed it. I thought it was the power cord from the shots seen in the duel and never thought to connect it to the v2. News to me..

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back