Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) - with BLINK/FADE LED EYES

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) - FACEPLATE HINGE INSTALLED!!!

how did you make the jaw hinge move with the faceplate one ?

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) - FACEPLATE HINGE INSTALLED!!!

Same question here, can we see some pictures of the hinge mechanism? I'm triing to make my own, but it would be much easier if I saw yours. Very nice job btw, keep up the amazing work!

Very decent job one of the nice helmets I've seen. I'm working on a steel suit right now myself... Mine is the war machine helmet. What are you planning to use for the eyes? And what about the paint scheme? I look forward to seeing a finished product. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do to hinge mine do I motorize side hinge center hinge or just use magnets.

Very decent job one of the nice helmets I've seen. I'm working on a steel suit right now myself... Mine is the war machine helmet. What are you planning to use for the eyes? And what about the paint scheme? I look forward to seeing a finished product. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do to hinge mine do I motorize side hinge center hinge or just use magnets.

are you asking which of the several eye kits he made ( and is offering in the jy) will he use?:lol

are you asking which of the several eye kits he made ( and is offering in the jy) will he use?:lol

I think he's just copy and pasting roughly the same statement on a bunch of Iron Man threads =P

That is some outstanding craftsmanship!!! Two thumbs up!

(y)thumbsup

This is only.....the best Iron Man helmet i ever sean!!!

What an inspiration. I started my first helmet a few days ago and i'm already learning with this amazing topic.

Thank's for sharing and keep us always informed about your improvements to the helmet...pleaseeeee!!! ;-)

how did you make the jaw hinge move with the faceplate one ?

Mechanical engineering (took me 5 years in college)...;):thumbsup

Same question here, can we see some pictures of the hinge mechanism? I'm triing to make my own, but it would be much easier if I saw yours. Very nice job btw, keep up the amazing work!

Same answer as above... Thanks for appreciating my work...:):thumbsup

Thanks man... If you will read the whole 20+ pages of this thread, you will find the answer to your eyes question;)... I haven't tried final painting my helmet but I will follow the method used by awesome members here. :):thumbsup

LOL:lol... made my day man...:):thumbsup

I think he's just copy and pasting roughly the same statement on a bunch of Iron Man threads =P

:)

That is some outstanding craftsmanship!!! Two thumbs up!

(y)thumbsup

Thank you very much man :)... coming from you really means a lot to me...:):thumbsup

This is only.....the best Iron Man helmet i ever sean!!!

What an inspiration. I started my first helmet a few days ago and i'm already learning with this amazing topic.

Thank's for sharing and keep us always informed about your improvements to the helmet...pleaseeeee!!! ;-)

Thank you very much... I will do my best to give everyone updates...:):thumbsup

As of the moment I am still waiting for parts to arrive, then I can fully MOTORIZED my helmet.

cheers everyone!

omg can you show pics so tht we can TRY to do it please please please !!!
idont wanna buy four sevooooooooos

Just caught up with this thread, simply stunning.

I suspect once you have motorized the helmet you will get a few messages.

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) --- NEW SEE-THRU LED EYES!!!

Finally I'm FREEEEEEEEE!!!

I already shipped all the orders and did not take any orders this month of July so I can continue working on my helmet build that's been idle for so long...

I made a new cast for myself... applied a coat of primer filler... it is still in 4 separate pieces...
DSC03554.jpg

But before I touch the helmet again, I will proceed first to my "EUREKA" moment...:):thumbsup

I INTRODUCE TO YOU MY "SEE-THRU LED EYES"...
DSC03665.jpg

This time with a much better long lasting coin battery (CR2032)...

DSC03625.jpg

Thinner LED eyes enclosure... about 3mm

DSC03649.jpg

Power supply with ON/OFF switch and provision for additional switch (reed switch, etc)... temporarily put a jumper wire (red short wire)

DSC03651.jpg

Have a clear lens, engraved lens, and amber tint (for glare reduction inside the helm)

DSC03662.jpg

Clear lens installed...
DSC03660.jpg

DSC03659.jpg

Light is only intensify around the edges of the clear lens...
DSC03667.jpg

Not really that bright...:confused

DSC03652.jpg

I engraved some diagonal lines (using a scriber) on one of the clear lens in hopes that the lines will illuminate when light passes thru it... you can use a laser engraver for a much precise lines...

DSC03664.jpg

Installed the engraved lens...
DSC03648.jpg

DSC03661.jpg

Turned the lights ON... and
DSC03656.jpg

VOILA!... the lines illuminates and the whole lens lights up...
DSC03668.jpg

Engraved lens is a SUCCESS!!!:):thumbsup

DSC03616.jpg

The amber tint were then installed at the back side (face-side of the wearer)

DSC03658.jpg

The amber tint reduces the glare thus lessens the eye strain of the wearer... not much noticeable in the photo but believe me it is very effective in actual...

DSC03619.jpg

The power supply has a double-sided foam tape for easy installation...

DSC03572.jpg

Simple installation...:thumbsup

DSC03567.jpg

This is how the clear lens looks like when lit installed on the face plate...

DSC03582.jpg

This is how the engraved lens looks like when lit installed on the face plate...

DSC03600.jpg

Engraved lens (left) vs Clear lens (right) - Direct comparison... (room lights ON)
DSC03609.jpg

You can notice the big difference in luminance... (room lights OFF)... Clearly the engraved lens is brighter...
DSC03606.jpg

Camera shot with flash...

The clear lens wins with regards to visibility...
DSC03578.jpg

But its not that bad with the engraved lens... You can still see much of the surroundings though like seeing thru screened doors...
DSC03587.jpg

And this new SEE-THRU LED eyes design allows the wearer to see thru the lens and under the lens (the open slit of the eye socket)...

Therefore, I will stick on the engraved lens. Although not that movie accurate but I'm sure this will give me more advantage while wearing the helm in a convention...:):thumbsup
DSC03583.jpg

Similar to my 1st design LED Eyes, this new SEE-THRU LED eyes have the following qualities:
1) Compact design (no messy wire running along the helmet)
2) Very light weight
3) Energy efficient (uses lithium coin batteries, 3V)
4) Provides just the right light intensity (not blinding)
5) Shape is movie accurate
6) Allows the wearer to see thru it and thru the open space (slit) of the eye socket
7) Minimal glare (less strain on wearer's eyes)
8) Ideal for motorized face plate
9) Easy to install
10) ON/OFF switch provided

And you can make your own or I can make it for you (LOL;))

Thanks for watching and for your time... more updates on my helmet build coming soon...

cheers!

What are the frames made out of and did you put two led lights on the sides?

This thread has absolutely blown my mind. Fantastic work buddy!

The accuracy is incredible. My helmet will never be as good as that lol.

Have you got a link to where i can find more information to purchasing an order???????????????

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) --- MOLDED / CAST PULLED

@ project earth 7 what is your Fb sir can i add u =)

pRoJectEarth7 I wonder what kind of polyester sanding before you use?

It's polyester car with hardener or other kind of polyester??

Sorry about my poor english,
i'm portuguese :$

:unsure

as others have said, this is pretty safe to say 99.9% movie accuracy (y)thumbsup

the pic you used of the movie alongside the helmet and hinge-work is very impressive. that attention to detail and the effort taken to make this as close to the movie is awesome. great work!

I just skipped to the end of the thread....How do i order one? Awesome work btw

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy)

ahm bro can i ask ... you a little bit. ahm im curios .. about this can u tell me what materials u used about this.. bye the way im also a Filipino.. im from CEbu!

4th Day... thick resin coating on the inside of the helm....

Coated the inside using thick resin (non-sag formulated by the manufacturer) to further toughen the helmet without using fiberglass reinforcement as of the moment.

Photo-0309.jpg

Photo-0315.jpg

Photo-0317.jpg

Hi, your build is amazing!
I was just hoping for some advice, I'm building from the same pep file, how did you do the eyes? Did you leave out pieces? Because I can't seem to figure it out.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back