Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) - with BLINK/FADE LED EYES

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) --- JAW HINGE INSTALLED on pg.2

Brilliant!!!! Thanks for the tip! So all you pretty much used was plywood wrapped with sand paper and Mr. Popsicle to achieve that detail huh? That is awesome.

Yup... Mr. Popsicle is my bestfriend and can be your bestfriend too... :):thumbsup

This vid is very helpful to me...PPI Fiberglass Making - YouTube... its the same process I did on my helm... good luck! :):thumbsup
/QUOTE]

SWEET! Thanks!

;):thumbsup

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) - FACEPLATE HINGE INSTALLED!

Finally I got the Faceplate hinge installed...:):thumbsup (Sorry picture heavy)

Staying true to our target movie accuracy (99%), I paid close attention to the position of the Faceplate and Jaw from my reference screen caps...
FaceplateHingeComparison.jpg

Helmet has a wide opening when faceplate goes up and jaw goes down...
DSC03740.jpg

My "perfectionist" brother test fitting the helmet...
DSC03706.jpg

In normal head position, you can see without any obstructions...
DSC03707.jpg

No need to tilt head up just to have a clear view...:D:thumbsup
DSC03708.jpg

You can still see forward even if you bow your head a little...
DSC03709.jpg

Here you can see the push rod for the Jaw actuation...
DSC03715.jpg

Our push rod was made to look a lot like the movie helm's push rod... :):thumbsup
DSC03716.jpg

Not sure if I met my "perfectionist" brother's expectation...:unsure
DSC03727.jpg

Til he gave me the HAND (of appreciation... LOL:lol)
DSC03738.jpg

And a 2-thumbs up...(y)thumbsup
DSC03736.jpg

And a BIG ear-to-ear SMILE... ahahaha!
DSC03730.jpg

Click below photo for the demo video of our Faceplate & Jaw Manual Hinge System...

Only few steps left to achieve my ultimate goal...:):thumbsup

Thanks for watching and for your time...

cheers!

P.S. Next update will be more exciting...:love

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) - FACEPLATE HINGE INSTALLED!

Finally I got the Faceplate hinge installed...:):thumbsup (Sorry picture heavy)

Staying true to our target movie accuracy (99%), I paid close attention to the position of the Faceplate and Jaw from my reference screen caps...
FaceplateHingeComparison.jpg

Helmet has a wide opening when faceplate goes up and jaw goes down...
DSC03740.jpg

My "perfectionist" brother test fitting the helmet...
DSC03706.jpg

In normal head position, you can see without any obstructions...
DSC03707.jpg

No need to tilt head up just to have a clear view...:D:thumbsup
DSC03708.jpg

You can still see forward even if you bow your head a little...
DSC03709.jpg

Here you can see the push rod for the Jaw actuation...
DSC03715.jpg

Our push rod was made to look a lot like the movie helm's push rod... :):thumbsup
DSC03716.jpg

Not sure if I met my "perfectionist" brother's expectation...:unsure
DSC03727.jpg

Til he gave me the HAND (of appreciation... LOL:lol)
DSC03738.jpg

And a 2-thumbs up...(y)thumbsup
DSC03736.jpg

And a BIG ear-to-ear SMILE... ahahaha!
DSC03730.jpg

Click below photo for the demo video of our Faceplate & Jaw Manual Hinge System...

Only few steps left to achieve my ultimate goal...:):thumbsup

Thanks for watching and for your time...

cheers!

P.S. Next update will be more exciting...:love

Awesome! You are really getting close to 100%, if you haven't already. :lol

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) - FACEPLATE HINGE INSTALLED!!!

And wow... that hinge system is beautiful. Will it be shared or design up for sale?

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) - FACEPLATE HINGE INSTALLED!!!

Awesome! You are really getting close to 100%, if you haven't already. :lol

Thanks man...:):thumbsup

I had to brush up on my tagalog with that video hahahah

LOL:lol... Man I saw your pics at SDCC with Alodia...Cool! :):thumbsup

And wow... that hinge system is beautiful. Will it be shared or design up for sale?

Thanks... its not for sale yet... I will proceed with the motorization and that, my friend, will be on the J soon...:love:thumbsup

Man! That is beautiful!:love I wish I could have waited for that hinge system and got the helmet and that together! I will definately be back for that when it is ready! I know it is up to your outstanding standards!:cool
M

your work is amazing, i wanna come up with a helm as accurate as yours, but i'm not as good as you :(

Last edited:

Wow... that hinge mechanism is very very impressive.

Can the faceplate hinge be used without the jaw hinge? Love my helmet btw!

Man! That is beautiful!:love I wish I could have waited for that hinge system and got the helmet and that together! I will definately be back for that when it is ready! I know it is up to your outstanding standards!:cool
M

Thanks M... :):thumbsup

your work is amazing, i wanna come up with a helm as accurate as yours, but i'm not as good as you :(

Thanks... Sure you can... just follow what I've done... it's all in this thread... good luck!:thumbsup

2 words for ya

very impressive

Thanks...

Wow... that hinge mechanism is very very impressive.

Thanks man...

thats amazing

Thanks....

Can the faceplate hinge be used without the jaw hinge? Love my helmet btw!

Yes, the jaw hinge can be disabled... Thanks JK...:):thumbsup

Your helmet is amazing and you are a true inspiration. When I first read your thread I thought I have to make one, but the more times I read and the more I see I think to myself just buy one of these awesome helmets already!

Your helmet is amazing and you are a true inspiration. When I first read your thread I thought I have to make one, but the more times I read and the more I see I think to myself just buy one of these awesome helmets already!

Thank you very much for appreciating my helmet build :)... I think you have a very good idea ;):thumbsup

cheers!

Your doing an awesome job here RJ, I keep watching mate, Very impressive stuf.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back