Ironman FOAM Gauntlet WIP - REALISTIC REPULSOR BLAST LIGHT AND SOUND EFFECTS!!!

Re: Ironman FOAM Gauntlet WIP (our very 1st Foam build) - REPULSOR ON!!!

A quick question, does it bulge up at the palm area when u pull back your palm? as I am lost between making the gauntlet out of paper+resin or foam.

A quick question, does it bulge up at the palm area when u pull back your palm? as I am lost between making the gauntlet out of paper+resin or foam.

Yes it kinda bulge up (a little)... but the gauntlet should be made with the surrounding patterns (on the repulsor) a bit thick thus compensating the repulsor bulge and will give you a seemingly uniform flatness...

Hope I'm able to explained it clearly...

cheers!

Last edited:

Are you planning on incorporating the repulsor sound? If so, do you have an idea for keeping it in the glove or will you expand into the gauntlet?

BTW, Nice job on the switch to turn the repulsor on. I would be interested in more details regarding that.

Are you planning on incorporating the repulsor sound? If so, do you have an idea for keeping it in the glove or will you expand into the gauntlet?

BTW, Nice job on the switch to turn the repulsor on. I would be interested in more details regarding that.

Yes we are planning to incorporate the repulsor sound... initial idea is to put the small speaker and sound circuit on the part that covers/guard the top of the hand... repulsor switch will be the same switch to trigger the sound...

Thanks for appreciating our work... we're planning to make a run of this as well...:):thumbsup... try to look around, its there somewhere in the J...;)

cheers!

Is there a picture of the switch you guys used?

Yes we are planning to incorporate the repulsor sound... initial idea is to put the small speaker and sound circuit on the part that covers/guard the top of the hand... repulsor switch will be the same switch to trigger the sound...

Thanks for appreciating our work... we're planning to make a run of this as well...:):thumbsup... try to look around, its there somewhere in the J...;)

cheers!

Yes it kinda bulge up (a little)... but the gauntlet should be made with the surrounding patterns (on the repulsor) a bit thick thus compensating the repulsor bulge and will give you a seemingly uniform flatness...

Hope I'm able to explained it clearly...

cheers!

cool. Now I got it. Thanks :)

What material did you use for between the foam? The ribbed material.

Man that looks real nice. I like the split wire loom. Never thought of that.

Man that looks real nice. I like the split wire loom. Never thought of that.

Thanks man...:):thumbsup

Nice one, thanks! Your work is some of the best I've seen.

Thank you very much... We just bought the electronic parts needed to improve the lights and include sound effects... we'll be back working on this as soon as we finished the arc reactor orders we have on hand...

Keep your eyes peeled for updates... :confused

cheers!

hi there,great job! how much you ask for the gloves ? Thnx Ford

Awesome and inspiring build. I "Might have to" (read must) try that myself sometime soon.
I am looking forward to updates.

hi there,great job! how much you ask for the gloves ? Thnx Ford

Thanks Ford... as of the moment we have no definite price yet and its not allowed to discuss price here :D... but I'll inform you as soon as my brother finished the gloves...:):thumbsup

Awesome and inspiring build. I "Might have to" (read must) try that myself sometime soon.
I am looking forward to updates.

Thanks man... :):thumbsup

Sorry for the long time without updates... been preoccupied with so many orders lately...

Anyway, I just finished the repulsor electronic kit that I will be installing on our Foam gauntlet...

It has the following details:
1) 2 Light mode
a. Normal mode - lights always on (just like in the movie)
b. Blast mode - a more intense blasting light (like the repulsor blast in the movie)

2) It has a realistic blasting sound effects (sound file came from the movie)

You can watch how it works here: Youtube - Ironman Repulsor Blast Light and Sound Effects
(Sorry about the poor video quality but the blasting light and sound you can see and hear clearly)

I'll be refining the blast sound to minimize the unnecessary noise...

Pics of the kits installed on the foam gauntlet will follow soon...

Comments and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks for watching and for your time

cheers!

Re: Ironman FOAM Gauntlet WIP - REPULSOR BLAST LIGHT AND SOUND EFFECTS!!!

Hey Guys...

Almost everyone is into FOAM Ironman build right now... so we cant think of a more logical thing to do but to jump in to the FOAM band wagon... lol:lol

Since most Foam Ironman builder started with all the big pieces, my brother on the other hand (literally) started on the gauntlet...:)

He used zabana's pep file (thanks man:):thumbsup) just removed the tabs...

Here are the WIP photos:

He used 2mm EVA foam
Photo0100.jpg

Laid out the patterns...
Photo0101.jpg

Photo0102.jpg

Made the whole palm assembly
Photo0103.jpg

Joining 2 layers of 2mm foam to achieve the right thickness on the palm... He used contact cement or rubber cement to join the 2 layers...
For other parts he used super glue...
Photo0104.jpg

Then came the thumb...
Photo0109.jpg

The index finger...
Photo0112.jpg

He temporarily attached the finger parts using masking tape...
Photo0114.jpg

A bit of test fitting...
Photo0120.jpg

Photo0123.jpg

Photo0124.jpg

Then the middle finger...
Photo0126.jpg

And finally the complete fingers done
Photo0132.jpg

Photo0134.jpg

It turned out quite good though he found many things to be improved...

Next (left gauntlet), he'll try to use the FOAM pep patterns provided by stealth...

I'll be sewing the fabric gloves that will go underneath this foam gauntlet...

After that will be the installation of the repulsor...:love

Comments and suggestions are highly appreciated...

Thanks for watching... cheers!

nice...

Re: Ironman FOAM Gauntlet WIP - REPULSOR BLAST LIGHT AND SOUND EFFECTS!!!

As promised, here is the photo of the repulsor electronic kit...

Composed of:
1) Repulsor light assembly
2) Speaker
3) Battery pack
4) Sound module
Repulsor3.gif

And here it is installed on our foam gauntlet...:love:thumbsup
Photo-1998.jpg

Battery pack and sound module attached to the arm using velcro...
Photo-1999.jpg

Speaker attached at the back of the palm which will then be covered by the hand guard...
Photo-2001.jpg

The battery pack, sound module, and the wirings can be easily hidden under the forearm armor... :):thumbsup

Here you may check the video to see how it works: Youtube - Ironman/War Machine Gauntlet with Realistic Repulsor Blast Light and Sound

Tomorrow I'll go out to check availability of parts in able to proceed with the run of repulsor kit (at the moment, gauntlet not included)...

Thanks for watching and for your time...

cheers!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back