Iron man mk4 (wip) fingaz mk1 helmet done,MK6 Almost

Re: Iron man mk4 (wip) fingaz Sunday At The Armouries

I had the pleasure of meeting Mark on Saturday at Knightcon here in the UK - great bloke - AND - I had the privilege of trying the Iron Man helmet on - and seeing the rest of the armour - I'm hooked - many many thanks Mark : )

Steve Heidi it always nice to c u 2:thumbsup

Really glad we came across to spend a little time with you mate, the suit looks even better in person than in the pics!
Great to see you and Karen again. Looks like Giles is well into this suiting up lark:thumbsup good on him as iron man is tough going with no padding.
The whole event has been a massive success as people from all over have come and I could see they were blown away with the suit.

Really made me feel I want get mine finished now.

Heidi says it was great to meet you both :)

See you before too long bud.:thumbsup

thanks darkside501st,mizuno hit the nail on the head. a mobility issue.
5ft 10,6ft,6ft 2 but one size costume,and with the finish rigid joints are the only way to go.,as it takes on 2 much damage with flexible ones.
when you take it out the poses being perfect dont matter at all.
when a little boy wets himself because he's that excited at seeing/meeting iron man,
that says it all:thumbsup

Hey fingaz,
I have been following this build for a while... got in on it a little late but I went back and looked through the whole thread and read a lot of it. I just wanted to say you have done a killer job with this and you must feel quite honored to have your suit in the Royal Armouries. ;)

I wanted to offer a little advice on some picture poses... I have seen quite a few pics where your models are showing off the repulsor lights which is cool but I just want to point out that in some of the pics it looks like Iron Man has is hands up... kind of like someone is pointing a gun at him and he is giving up?!? Then in some other pics where he only has one hand up it looks like he is waving to the camera. Both just seem a little out of character for Iron Man. I think if you tell your models to extend their arms and their palms/fingers more it will make it look like they are the ones pointing the weapons.

Just a little friendly constructive criticism. ;) You can take it or leave it.

I love your build and your attention to detail. The paint job on your suit is the best!

thanks mizuno hadouken

I think it might be a mobility issue. My fiberglass suit is not very mobile, so I had to mod some joints with elastic straps (such as the elbow and handplate areas) as opposed to using binding posts. Prior to that, I couldn't raise my arms up properly hahah.

deric thanks very much once again:):thumbsup

I just can't explain my love for this build! If it was possible I would go see it in person. I guess the pictures will have to suffice my awe for this build! Great job and you deserve all the praises.

thanks davy,n bloody great job on your build(y)thumbsup

Congratulation Mark !

thanks pRoJectEarth7 not finished yet

Absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Very well done Fingaz!!!(y)thumbsup

And the undersuit is very nice too... it really blends with the whole armor :):thumbsup

Hope this is only the beginning... really looking forward for you to have your own "Hall of Armors"... that would be a blast!!!:love:thumbsup

Keep building my friend... cheers!

thanks very much Giles,its been an absolute pleasure to work with you(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Hi Mark

The suit is definitely getting the attention it deserves, its probably the first time I've had to go and clean a case every single day to get fingerprints off the glass!

We eliminated the perspex graphics from the case today to give it a cleaner look.
Had some new graphics printed onto foamex and moved them over to the wall.

G

A few more pictures from weekend.....

thanks drknotter:)

That first pic looks straight out of the movie! Fantastic!

@Helagak:):lol

actually, the first pic IS the suit from the movie. notice that its the one in the glass case?

not to take away from this build. it is probably the best made iron man outside of stan winston studios! If you just added upper thigh pieces, it would be a perfect movie replica. (you could do the inner elbow covers, wrist covers and behind the knee covers, but that really doesnt take away from this GORGEOUS build.)

yes drknotter they are both my SHINY RED SONS:lol

Unless I'm misreading this, the one in the case is actually fingaz's work?

Onephattsi2 thanks for clearing this issue up:lol

Both suits in the pics are Fingaz work!!!!!

It was stated multiple times that the RA contacted him to display his suit after all of the attention from the Avengers release....

thanks Matt,more pics to come shortly

Wish I could do that!

Mark this is just awesome, I love all the well deserved attention you are receiving:) and thank you for sharing , I enjoy seeing updates to your thread

thanks superpael:thumbsup

wooooooooooooow.............inspiring. EXTREEEMMMELLLLY INSPIRING.

Helagak thanks youve gave me a bloody good chuckle fingaz:lol

My mistake, I havent read the ENTIRE thread. I apologize. Fungaz work is just too good to believe! Haha

Onephattsi2:)

:) sorry if that came across a little harsh, lol i re-read my post and was like sheesh.... I am sure it is flattering to Mark for the comment you made ;-)..

thanks utown62

Wow, both suits are amazing. I hope for half as good and I'll be happy!

thanks l330n,Stealths face was a picture:lol

Wow. I had the same looks as stealth did when i saw this, lol.

thanks luckydoll09:thumbsup

it look nice :thumbsup love it :love

Jarreth2 a pleasure to meet as well n what a great day

I had the pleasure of meeting Mark on Saturday at Knightcon here in the UK - great bloke - AND - I had the privilege of trying the Iron Man helmet on - and seeing the rest of the armour - I'm hooked - many many thanks Mark : )

A great day out had by all at knight con 2012,
thanks Steve n Rob.(y)thumbsup
n nice to meet every one

iron man at knight-con 2012 - YouTube

pics to come later

Re: Iron man mk4 (wip) fingaz Knight-con 2012

Wow! Your work is amazing.

Quick question. What scale did you use on your pepakura files?

Re: Iron man mk4 (wip) fingaz Knight-con 2012

Just watched the video. I'm blown away! love it

thanks Shakeitdavey:thumbsup

Wow! Your work is amazing.

Quick question. What scale did you use on your pepakura files?

thanks toastie,standard scale but then a lot of mods made :thumbsup.

Picture Time:)

Picture037Copy.jpg

Picture036Copy.jpg

Picture038Copy.jpg

Picture27Copy.jpg

Picture5Copy.jpg

Picture042Copy.jpg

Picture040Copy.jpg

Picture005Copy.jpg

Picture003Copy.jpg

Picture001Copy.jpg

Picture013Copy.jpg

20120901_143031Copy.jpg

Picture016Copy.jpg

20120901_143046Copy.jpg

20120901_142854Copy.jpg

20120901_142912Copy.jpg

20120901_155345Copy.jpg

Picture044Copy.jpg

20120901_143138Copy.jpg

Picture033Copy.jpg

Picture039Copy.jpg

Picture020Copy.jpg

Picture024Copy-1.jpg

Picture049Copy.jpg

Picture023Copy.jpg

Picture017Copy.jpg

20120901_132209Copy.jpg

20120901_132221Copy.jpg

Picture032Copy.jpg

Picture027Copy.jpg

Picture026Copy.jpg

Picture024Copy.jpg

Picture022Copy.jpg

20120901_155405Copy.jpg

ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO ALL A GREAT DAY OUT

Last edited:

Steve Heidi it always nice to c u 2:thumbsup

thanks darkside501st,mizuno hit the nail on the head. a mobility issue.
5ft 10,6ft,6ft 2 but one size costume,and with the finish rigid joints are the only way to go.,as it takes on 2 much damage with flexible ones.
when you take it out the poses being perfect dont matter at all.
when a little boy wets himself because he's that excited at seeing/meeting iron man,
that says it all:thumbsup

That's cool. I haven't worn a full suit yet so I didn't know that the movement was restricted so much. I do think the most recent pictures you posted are much better though. The suit looks killer... you did a great job!

Re: Iron man mk4 (wip) fingaz Knight-con 2012 PICS UP

Love the suit. But I sure am glad you don't live near Toronto. Cause I probably wouldn't even show up to events in my suit if I knew you were going to be there.

Never fails, this thread still blows my mind! Thanks for sharing!

Fingaz your suit is unbelievable...! One of the best usable suits i sean to present day...

...and by the way that Robocop that shows up with you in the latest photos is also "monster" :)

Some stunning shots once again here Mark, people simply can't get enough of this suit. The paint job makes all the difference, the daylight showed up an all variety of colours and reflections in the paint depth and then once Daz was on stage the pearl paints really did light up! You can never say enough great things about this build, simply awesome! and having stood next to it in person, I can only say it's even better than the pictures.

Really great and rewarding work!!!
Hope to see more of your pics with other celebs and heroes...

Fingaz... YOU'RE THE BEST!

CHEERS!

n cheers to you 2 pRoJectEarth7 :thumbsup

That's cool. I haven't worn a full suit yet so I didn't know that the movement was restricted so much. I do think the most recent pictures you posted are much better though. The suit looks killer... you did a great job!

thanks darkside501st

Love the suit. But I sure am glad you don't live near Toronto. Cause I probably wouldn't even show up to events in my suit if I knew you were going to be there.

:lolthanks reezer,your suit looks well.

Gah damn that suit is amazballz

thanks Lord Magneto.

Never fails, this thread still blows my mind! Thanks for sharing!

thanks very much deric,dont let it blow it too much.you need to keep your mind on that turtle:thumbsup.

Fingaz your suit is unbelievable...! One of the best usable suits i sean to present day...

...and by the way that Robocop that shows up with you in the latest photos is also "monster" :)

thanks codriver.

Some stunning shots once again here Mark, people simply can't get enough of this suit. The paint job makes all the difference, the daylight showed up an all variety of colours and reflections in the paint depth and then once Daz was on stage the pearl paints really did light up! You can never say enough great things about this build, simply awesome! and having stood next to it in person, I can only say it's even better than the pictures.

thanks steve:$.

Really great and rewarding work!!!
Hope to see more of your pics with other celebs and heroes...

thanks striker01.

AHHHHHHH! amazing!

thanks very much stef:thumbsup

just a small update:
managed to get a little more done on the modded back:).
will sort the flaps out when i get chance.

Picture050Copy.jpg

Picture054Copy.jpg

Hi fingaz, congratulations for your work, it's wonderful! :)

what did you used to create the molds? siliconic rubber?

I love it Mark ! (y)thumbsup

thanks matt, your casts have been pulled,just need to get em finished:thumbsup

Amazing details on the backplate ... love it :)

thanks oysteinhole,yours is looking good.

Hi fingaz, congratulations for your work, it's wonderful! :)

what did you used to create the molds? siliconic rubber?

thanks tony,yes i used silicone.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back