Iron man mk4 (wip) fingaz mk1 helmet done,MK6 Almost

Re: Iron man mk4 (wip) fingaz Sunday At The Armouries

Really glad we came across to spend a little time with you mate, the suit looks even better in person than in the pics!
Great to see you and Karen again. Looks like Giles is well into this suiting up lark:thumbsup good on him as iron man is tough going with no padding.
The whole event has been a massive success as people from all over have come and I could see they were blown away with the suit.

Really made me feel I want get mine finished now.

Heidi says it was great to meet you both :)

See you before too long bud.:thumbsup

Hey fingaz,
I have been following this build for a while... got in on it a little late but I went back and looked through the whole thread and read a lot of it. I just wanted to say you have done a killer job with this and you must feel quite honored to have your suit in the Royal Armouries. ;)

I wanted to offer a little advice on some picture poses... I have seen quite a few pics where your models are showing off the repulsor lights which is cool but I just want to point out that in some of the pics it looks like Iron Man has is hands up... kind of like someone is pointing a gun at him and he is giving up?!? Then in some other pics where he only has one hand up it looks like he is waving to the camera. Both just seem a little out of character for Iron Man. I think if you tell your models to extend their arms and their palms/fingers more it will make it look like they are the ones pointing the weapons.

Just a little friendly constructive criticism. ;) You can take it or leave it.

I love your build and your attention to detail. The paint job on your suit is the best!

I just can't explain my love for this build! If it was possible I would go see it in person. I guess the pictures will have to suffice my awe for this build! Great job and you deserve all the praises.

I think it might be a mobility issue. My fiberglass suit is not very mobile, so I had to mod some joints with elastic straps (such as the elbow and handplate areas) as opposed to using binding posts. Prior to that, I couldn't raise my arms up properly hahah.

Hey fingaz,
I have been following this build for a while... got in on it a little late but I went back and looked through the whole thread and read a lot of it. I just wanted to say you have done a killer job with this and you must feel quite honored to have your suit in the Royal Armouries. ;)

I wanted to offer a little advice on some picture poses... I have seen quite a few pics where your models are showing off the repulsor lights which is cool but I just want to point out that in some of the pics it looks like Iron Man has is hands up... kind of like someone is pointing a gun at him and he is giving up?!? Then in some other pics where he only has one hand up it looks like he is waving to the camera. Both just seem a little out of character for Iron Man. I think if you tell your models to extend their arms and their palms/fingers more it will make it look like they are the ones pointing the weapons.

Just a little friendly constructive criticism. ;) You can take it or leave it.

I love your build and your attention to detail. The paint job on your suit is the best!

Absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Very well done Fingaz!!!(y)thumbsup

And the undersuit is very nice too... it really blends with the whole armor :):thumbsup

Hope this is only the beginning... really looking forward for you to have your own "Hall of Armors"... that would be a blast!!!:love:thumbsup

Keep building my friend... cheers!

Hi Mark

The suit is definitely getting the attention it deserves, its probably the first time I've had to go and clean a case every single day to get fingerprints off the glass!

We eliminated the perspex graphics from the case today to give it a cleaner look.
Had some new graphics printed onto foamex and moved them over to the wall.

G

That first pic looks straight out of the movie! Fantastic!

actually, the first pic IS the suit from the movie. notice that its the one in the glass case?

not to take away from this build. it is probably the best made iron man outside of stan winston studios! If you just added upper thigh pieces, it would be a perfect movie replica. (you could do the inner elbow covers, wrist covers and behind the knee covers, but that really doesnt take away from this GORGEOUS build.)

Re: Iron man mk4 (wip) fingaz it's mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks crabra comander :thumbsup.

well here we go again.
i had planned on getting the motorised back finished and the mk6 chest,
but !!!
THE ROYAL ARMOURIES MUSEUM
contacted me asking if they could display the suit this summer for 8 weeks in a glass case:cool.
how could i say no!!!!! i feel honoured(y)thumbsup
but due to a commitment in the timeline they're needing it,
i have to create a stand in, in double fast time.
so i've been working round the clock and burning the midnight oil.

Unless I'm misreading this, the one in the case is actually fingaz's work?

Both suits in the pics are Fingaz work!!!!!

It was stated multiple times that the RA contacted him to display his suit after all of the attention from the Avengers release....

actually, the first pic IS the suit from the movie. notice that its the one in the glass case?

not to take away from this build. it is probably the best made iron man outside of stan winston studios! If you just added upper thigh pieces, it would be a perfect movie replica. (you could do the inner elbow covers, wrist covers and behind the knee covers, but that really doesnt take away from this GORGEOUS build.)

Both suits in the pics are Fingaz work!!!!!

It was stated multiple times that the RA contacted him to display his suit after all of the attention from the Avengers release....

My mistake, I havent read the ENTIRE thread. I apologize. Fungaz work is just too good to believe! Haha

My mistake, I havent read the ENTIRE thread. I apologize. Fungaz work is just too good to believe! Haha

:) sorry if that came across a little harsh, lol i re-read my post and was like sheesh.... I am sure it is flattering to Mark for the comment you made ;-)..

Re: Iron man mk4 (wip) fingaz back cast n painted

iron man inspects the new spine,n realises the the back is far too bloody big for him
FILE0121800x600.jpg

FILE0122800x600.jpg

FILE0123800x600.jpg

spine made from sintra and mold
FILE0125800x600.jpg

it look nice :thumbsup love it :love

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back