CrossfireProps

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all! Wanted to share my latest paint up as well announce a small run of Iron Man MK1 Helmets! Tony Stark may have built this in a cave, but I painted it in a 100 degree garage!

These are resin casts from the one and only TJackFX that are finished and painted by me. Each one is painted in Duralumen chrome and sealed with 2K automotive clear coat before being weathered with acrylics and some alcohol inks.

I'm doing a limited run of three completed helmets at $200 plus shipping. Message me if interested! Here's a bit more on my process:

Casts.jpg
Base.jpg
Chrome.jpg
For the chrome finish I used that standard process, 2k gloss over flat black primer, chrome, and then sealed with more 2k gloss

Hinges.jpg

After the 2k had cured I installed the hinges on the helmets using some metric nuts and bolts.

Grime.jpg
As beautiful as the chrome was, it can't stay! I first weathered them using a mixture of Tamiya acrylics, focusing on building up grime in the edges, corners, and low spots.

1.png
2.png
3.png

4.png
5.png
6.png

7.png
8.png

9.png
10.png
After the acrylics I used an airbrush and some black to darken up some areas as well as alcohol inks to add the sublet brown heat stain effect. And with that they were done!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back