Iron man mark vii cardboard/celtic/InteFoam/AVENT Suit concept

Art of Avengers book

Here's a few shots of Iron Man from the Art of Avengers book. There's only a few pages dedicated to the suit which was disappointing. It didn't even show the boosters or the different weapons in the suit. There was one other page about the suit I didn't include because it could be a spoiler for those who haven't seen the movie.

Pic 3 - The best guess to what it would look like without his boosters.

Last edited:
Re: Iron man mark vii cardboard

This is very motivational work! I plan on doing the same thing, with the thrusters. I also plan on doing the motorized forearm rockets, and the Shoulder rockets.

thanks! i just bought my own :) it should be here next week!

(p.s. as a side note, does it have any good pictures of Loki's helmet??)

Not really, just a bunch of concept art and 2 pictures of him wearing it in the Thor movie.

Aaah ok thanks anyways. But wow i love all of your work the suit looks GREAT! I love the flaps on the back. When os the missle conpartment going to be done???

I took a break from the missile compartment because the Smooth On 65d is coming in a few days and I needed to start cleaning up pieces. I also went ahead and created my own design for under the boosters.

Pic 1 - I designed the back primarily to hide the servos. I used references from the Mark VII concept art and previous iron man suits.

Pic 2 - Servo is now located in the booster. I still need to cut slits for the hinges.

Pic 3 - I made a small compartment so that the servo can fit flat inside the booster.

Pic 4 - It turns out that I was able to remove the end of the Traxx Push rod and use it on the #8x32 Threaded Rod (see Page 2). This allowed me to put the servos anywhere I wanted to because I can cut the Threaded Rod to the desired length.

Pic 5 - This is how I wanted the missile compartment to work. I'll have 1 servo powering the door and 2 support arms to hold the door. I also need to add a Guide/Stopper so that door will remain in place when it's closed.

The idea works but I need to do a better job executing it. I going to have to redo the support arms so it would clear over the side of the compartment better. I'll revisit this after I apply the Smooth On 65d.

Pic 6 - I'm using SG90 9g Micro Servos for each door. I found a 4 pack cheap on ebay. micro servo | eBay

Last edited:

This is a very solid build and has inspired me to incorporate servos into my mark VI design. Thanks for sharing your progress!

In the pics shared i saw that a large amount of parts are coming on and of. Are you going to make the pep in such a way that all the pieces are removable?

jrhaake - That's awesome. The reason I wanted to make this thread is to share my research, mistakes and what worked for me. I'm glad it's helping.

sjorsjo91 - Yes, I need it to be removable so that I can get to the servos easier. One other thing I need to add are led lights so that when the flaps open the lights turns on. When I get a chance to work on that I'll post more pictures.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back