Iron Man Mark III (Dark Asylum)

Thanks, I will be a little slow on updates I wont get too much computer time with the deadlines and project base but, I'm ready to get back on track while catching up on things.

Vacuum forming isn't hard, making molds that get proper details that's the hard part, spacing, venting, edges and size there's alot of factors if you want nice crisp details, but I still have cast details aswell so only the main shells and build is formed plastic.

Really outstanding work! Absolutely impressing !
I'm glad that you are back on this project.
Can't wait to see pics

regards
Mike

SWEET!!!!! This is gonna be awesome!
So how many are you juggling? I thought you were working on a Cap. A, War Machine, and Dr. Fate.
Sounds intense!!!!

SWEET!!!!! This is gonna be awesome!
So how many are you juggling? I thought you were working on a Cap. A, War Machine, and Dr. Fate.
Sounds intense!!!!

I just do, but I do lack sleep some times and don't get much time to up date I get a few minutes to window in comments and answer emails and get back to things try not to leave people hagging, but believe me I juggle alot using drying time to move between projects.

Well, I finally decided to put up some WIP shots of the War Machine I figured it's been a long enough time last I posted in this thread and the MARK 3 will have to share it with the WM suit.

Mind you this was a kit commission along with a MK3 kit version so I wont be finishing this in full anytime soon but everything minus the helmet is done but still in the raw form, but I'll be making tweaks to the forms like I did with the MARK 3 as there's a few versions of the WM suit to go by I'll make a few mods.

hpim3632.jpg

ARM and shoulder parts.

hpim3633.jpg

hpim3634.jpg

Leg parts

hpim3637a.jpg

hpim3636.jpg

And a shot with the torso parts

hpim3642m.jpg

hpim3644.jpg

Basically these are the raw parts, the arms and leg parts and chest parts are all done in multiple levels so shells on other shells to get accurate depth, so there's alot of details that you'll never get to see in a sense and almost twice as many parts as the MARK 3 was.

Next step is the helmet all the molds are done just in the process ofputting the partstogether and prepping the servo and arms, as with these kits they included the pre done opening face plate work and the mark 3 had upgraded parts I haven't bothered to upload yet.

Just figured people wouldn't mind seeing one of the projects that's been in the works for the last 2 months.

Thanks, but look at it this way it's the molds that do the work more then the machine with out the correct design the pulls are undetailed and worthless and I'm just a sculptor with some other perks and skills.

This first WM was a kit by commission it's the first run basically the prototype and not sure if I'll be building a full one any time soon but I do hope the person finishing this suit will post the progress just like Fetts. did of the first MARK 3 kit , and like the MARK 3 I might let a few kits go There's a total of 3 MARK 3's out there including the finished one I did, so I imagine there might be a few WM around some day too I don't mind aslong as they end up in good hands rather then being tossed around on ebay like some of the other Suits that other's made.

Sweet piece of work! Wish I had your skills.
Dont really understand vac-forming all to well. Is it a strenious process? Def looks cleaner I must admit!

Sweet piece of work! Wish I had your skills.
Dont really understand vac-forming all to well. Is it a strenious process? Def looks cleaner I must admit!

I think figuring out the length of heating and sag before the vacuum process and frame sealing is a key, if the plastic gets to hot the material over stretches and you'll get thin spots or un wanted wrinkles were the material folds, the summer time is the best time for forming well atleast IMO the colder it is the faster the sheeting starts to cool detail and depth is tricky then.
It is much cleaner and there's much less chance of the material cracking up from stress and easier to customize given the plastics can be welded heated shaped and polished, so if you build armors or the understucture using this type of materials or method it's worth it but not everything can be formed this way.

hey man !!! your job is realy great....you are very good....could you please tell me where did you find the pep files for the mark 3 suit??? especialy the palm and the fingers....i would be very thankful !!!:D:D

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back