Iron Man Mark III (Dark Asylum)

Re: New iron man suit in the the works

Please don't die... We love you !!!:angel

LOL, I'm not planning on dying yet I still have too many things to finish, I can't wait to get on the war machine project and a punisher upgrade for myself so hoping that dream will keep me alive long enough to finish everything I set out to do.

And after all this Ironman stuff I'll be building a life size fully animatronic ABC war bot ( Judge Dredd) that's my ultimate goal some day.

Thanks for all the kind words and support for my projects you and every one else, I'll try not to disappoint and wish me luck going to be a long night.

Ok still alive I have some minor update pics other parts painted, I got quite a bit done but I was to tired to take alot of pics plus I forgot my camera again so I was stuck using my cell phone again.

p00118.jpg

p00117.jpg

They are very smmooth and crisp looking, still need to flake coat them but you get the idea.

p00119.jpg

Here's the outside joint covers for the knee pivot points

p00116.jpg

Ok so the stomach is just about done I mark all my lines and need to go through and carve them out flush the edegs and prep for molding, it was sculpted out of ABS plastic and urethane putty, fun stuff to say the least.

It's getting there, time to get some sleep so i can get back on top of things in a more refreshed state.

Thanks.

Dark,
Very inspiring progress. Im very excited to see more of your work. Im currently working on my own suit as well and would love to get some feedback of yours. Please continue on with your work!

Dark,
Very inspiring progress. Im very excited to see more of your work. Im currently working on my own suit as well and would love to get some feedback of yours. Please continue on with your work!

Thanks, I'd more then happy to give feed back that's why we're here on the RPF to share and answer questions amung other things, just pm me about your project and I can help as best I can.

Dark asylum you are doing a great great Job...looking foward to see this project complete.

Thanks, for all the feed back, sorry I haven't had alot of updates my time is pretty booked up at the moment, but I did run a high impact ABS version slightly different then the Styrene alot more shiny and flexible material, it's 160,000ths but very durable and half the weight of the styrene parts.

p00129.jpg

p00131.jpg

p00132.jpg

With the material difference it's reminds me more of war machine, any ways I'll have more updates on the prototype soon as well as the new upgraded versions of the parts.

Till then thanks, and good luck to every one.

You must have a HUGE vac table! Those pulls look outstanding!

It's a 4x4 footer with the table and heater all on 1 unit more industrial tech, plus it runs motors rather then a pump like modern day formers, that's why older tech can be alot better machine wise but it does require 220 power and pulls alot of amps, so I can't run any thing else on the same breaker not even lights when the table is on, but it does the job for sure.

I saw that you are doing the mid section and it will be in latex, that is very good move and accurate like the real one, that's why the real one (stunt man) has a lot movement when they do their stunts.
i started working on latex about a year now, while more layer of latex you add, more strong it will be, it doesn't loss the shape plus is flexible.

I saw that you are doing the mid section and it will be in latex, that is very good move and accurate like the real one, that's why the real one (stunt man) has a lot movement when they do their stunts.
i started working on latex about a year now, while more layer of latex you add, more strong it will be, it doesn't loss the shape plus is flexible.

Yeah, problem with most latex masks and costrumes you buy are made out of mask latex or FX latex which tends to shink 15% and is cut by water or amonia so it breaks down early on, but I'll be using pure latex which only shrinks 2% is very flexable but still heavy enough to keep it's shape and will last about 30 years or 50+ if sealed conditioned regular so it can be good stuff as long as you dont get the super cheap stuff like alot of Haunters tend to use, those props always end up having to be re skinned every 2 years or less.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back