Iron Man Mark III (Dark Asylum)

Re: New iron man suit in the the works

ok few updates I've been painting on top of juggling projects, I hate the auto lighing on the camera screws up the color tones of the red and metal flaking, but most of the armor parts are painted red, about 5 good layers of red and a nice coat of metal flake clear protective layer.

hpim2737z.jpg

hpim2736.jpg

This is a different raw helmet, but just for effect I laid it on top

hpim2733.jpg

The color is ok better in person the camera brightens the color way too much probly the metal flake reflection confuses the lighting.

Any ways enjoy the updates.

DA, maybe it is just perspective, but aren't those forearm rocket chambers a bit on the "tall" side?

Looks like the shots are slightly out of focus. Maybe if you took the shots closer up and not use zoom, and as far as light saturation goes, perhaps try turning your flash off, and use a comination of natural lighting and some artificial filling lighting (looks like you have some in those shots). Doesn't have to be high intensity light, just open up your aperture a bit more to soak up the good light you have. That way you'll get a better overall lighting effect.

Keep up the awesome work mate! :thumbsup

DA, maybe it is just perspective, but aren't those forearm rocket chambers a bit on the "tall" side?

Looks like the shots are slightly out of focus. Maybe if you took the shots closer up and not use zoom, and as far as light saturation goes, perhaps try turning your flash off, and use a comination of natural lighting and some artificial filling lighting (looks like you have some in those shots). Doesn't have to be high intensity light, just open up your aperture a bit more to soak up the good light you have. That way you'll get a better overall lighting effect.

Keep up the awesome work mate! :thumbsup

well the form arm housing is a seperate piece and be adjusted I modeled the depth off the highrez CGI version were he uses the missile on the tank, the hero suit version maybe smaller cause it does lack missiles, but like I've stated before the prototype suit will be the trial and error run any changes that need to be made can be done, plus with out the gold part of the form arm hard to tell how tall it is, I'm not going to fix it on this suit and risk screwwing up the paint job if it is a bit off.

And my camera is just a cheap digital camera I got at walmart and I was use no flash I may need to just take pics in a dimmer room the florescent lights may be altering the colors I'm not a photographer, nor have super great camera equippment or know how, build props and sculpting is more my forte.

Look at it this way I can barly turn on a computer but I can build the fully animatronics prop so I'm just not a tech geek it's all greek to me.

I totally forgot about the pectoral lock screws back ports as well, they are design to just punch in and lock in place given the slit arrow point to the puncher side.

p00124s.jpg

they will be resin cast along with the rib latches and colar bone locks

p00103.jpg

I will use a spring hing on the colar so you can push it up to put your head in the armor easier and it will pull into place I'll be doing the same for the wrist gaurds.

WOW! What a pleasant surprise. That looks killer. Those pectoral lock screws are nice. Looks like you've done a ton of custom engineering to make this suit look and function outstanding. I'm psyched!:thumbsup

LOL, tell me about it, I've spent so many hours studying references and the 3 different suits measuring and calculating details and design and now with the prototype to study and upgrade and perfect molds and parts to make the suits even batter then expected, I'm glad to see interest and most of all the acknowledgement for pressing the limits to create such a high quality replica, that's much easier to handle and simpler to customize.

My job isn't done yet or even close there's a few more stages to go before this suit is beyond imagination standards and I'll be getting as much feed back to help guide this project to that standard.

Thanks to those that are supportive of this project and my work I couldn't do it with out you guys and wish you the best, and to those that aren't well I wish you all the best too.

So here's the thing I've kept to this thread as much as possible, and I wont be posting in other forms from now on given any suggestions or helpful insight to other members cause people just don't understand the idea, so I wont be helpful if it just starts problems, but also I'm not going to deal with the harassment of the few bullies around here and people that have been supportive and following the threads know who those are, and I'm just going to report their acts to the mods same as others have already done good to know I'm not alone to the feeling.

I'm not a trouble maker and will be positive on the RPF but I'm not standing idle to harassment of other members, on my threads or other's I've never compared my work to any one else or made any negitive comments towards any one or their work it's un professonal nothing wrong with insight or suggestions, people have made them to me in my work, I'm not perfect or claim to be, nothings perfect but suggestions help us all better our selves and the projects at hand.

But to any one that ask for my help or insight I'll give it to you just e-mail or PM me and I'll do my best.

I wish you all the best and thanks for the positive support and feed back.

About the best I can tell you at this point I'm tired as all hades 2, 16 hour shifts and only about 5 hours of sleep in about 4 days this far in the week, I'm doing the labor of 10 people with out the other 9 workers, but that's the price you pay when you are in this line of work sometimes, the end product will be well worth it if I don't keel over dead first.

Hoping by friday I'll have some new updates on the prototype and some pics I'll be pulling another 16 hour run thurday night till friday night and hope I'll have something new for every one here.

Till then take care folks and good luck to you and your's.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back