Iron Man Helmet Question(s)

ComedicHistory

Okay so I wanted to know more about the various helmets that are out there. The Museum Replicas (Windlass Studios) Mark II and III have that incredibly shiny, metallic finish but the Finhead helmets and the Sideshow life-size busts have a matte finish...which ones are more screen-accurate? Btw I absolutely looooove Fin's work and I'm trying to move some money around to get one that's been on sale here for awhile:

IMG_0101.jpg

^^ Good lord that is sexy ^^

IMHO, it's up to personal taste. I find the exceptionally shiny ones unrealistic.

Given the choice, I'd take one of Finhead's helmets - which I had and did :)

That is my old sculpt, and I did not paint that one. IMO the lower sheen helmets are far more correct. Mine are not the correct color but I like em. :) The screen used hero suit was vac metalized and scuffed down to create the brushed finish and washed with various paints to get the depth.

Here is my latest build fallowed by the 3D print we just finished (100% accurate) and a movie still. Hopw that helps you out.

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_0562-1.jpg

2008_iron_man_035.jpg

Wow yeah that is amazing. I'm trying to find differences in the sculpt but my eyes are obviously not trained like yours. However, the paint app on your new helmet is much much better. Whoever painted the one in my pic did a great job but not quite THAT good. And yes, I agree with both of you that the lower sheen helmets are more accurate and look much better. If I ever end up having enough money I'd love to display my (future) suits like Tony does in #2. Thanks for the input guys :)

Wow yeah that is amazing. I'm trying to find differences in the sculpt but my eyes are obviously not trained like yours. However, the paint app on your new helmet is much much better. Whoever painted the one in my pic did a great job but not quite THAT good. And yes, I agree with both of you that the lower sheen helmets are more accurate and look much better. If I ever end up having enough money I'd love to display my (future) suits like Tony does in #2. Thanks for the input guys :)

Sculpts are completely different. My fist one has an angle in the side of the faceplate "wings" and the vent s just a piece that sticks out. The jaw is rounded and way to narrow. It is a 3 piece static lid. This was a highly moded Dungbettle pep which was the best base at the time

The new sculpt my first pic the faceplate and side of the helmet was smoothed out straight. The vent extended (faceplate cut out) and it a vent now with a lip around the edge for the faceplate to lay on. Jaw was widened out and squared off to make it more accurate. The detail bolts were remachined to be more accurate as well. It is also now a 4 piece with the jaw being hinged and the faceplate working on hinges/tracks to move properly. This was my fist sculpt cut up and highly moded, no loger based on any pep ect.
Here's a link to the hinges working ec, vid link is in the first post.
http://www.therpf.com/f9/iron-man-helmet-hinged-tracks-123338/

The second pic is a 3D printed helmet 100% accurate in every way, also a 4 piece but static.

And as far as I know for EFX they are releasing the Mark7 helmet which is a moded Mark3, larger vent area which means smaller wings on the faceplate and the chin detail is flipped over.

Ahhhh yeah now I see the changes, big difference and looks much better. Yeah I just saw the pics from Wondercon. The sculpt looks really good but it appears that the production model will be painted and not vac metalized, huh?

that's amazing work! Im working on a mark 3 suit made from plastic
Sterilite storage bins. But the helmet has been a challenge, but yours is flawless. Perfect Replica.

Museums Replicas/windlass real steel helmet with brass face out of the box on the left...and after brushing and building a new lower jaw on the right side(my projekt is not finished):

I think some fiberglashelmets out there are a little bit more screenacurate in shape...BUT for me the real metal look and feeling of the museums replicas one beats them all.But that is only my personal taste.A lot of talented artist made great fiberglasversions...but the only fiberglas one I would buy is the new EFX one,because its a copy of the screenused helmet.
Oh and you can open the windlass-helmet for bigger heads in the back.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back