My Tomenosuke Blade Runner 2049 build

Newbie question: is there any way to rotate images? The last two are rotated incorrectly (blaster should be pointing up in both instances.) Not the end of the world.

That came out great! and thanks for the pointers in your first post.

Been lazy with mine and I am actually just now getting on with the sanding.
Got my Barrel from the US, it came like after 5 days or so, Lightspeed fast.

Did you blue the Bulldog and the Trigger Guard/Triggers in the end? Hard to see on the pics.

By the way I am Mike C...:)

Last edited:
Did you just blu the receiver and the lever or the all metal parts (triggers, trigger guard, gun frame)?
I am somewhat scared taking apart the trigger mechanism.

That came out great! and thanks for the pointers in your first post.

Been lazy with mine and I am actually just now getting on with the sanding.
Got my Barrel from the US, it came like after 5 days or so, Lightspeed fast.

Did you blue the Bulldog and the Trigger Guard/Triggers in the end? Hard to see on the pics.

By the way I am Mike C...:)

Hey, Mike! I did blue the trigger guard and the triggers, but I've also weathered that bluing back down to the base silver in an uneven fashion so it looks... well, weathered. So, the blaster looks slightly different now than in my most recent pictures. I didn't blue the Bulldog/grip frame... I wasn't sure if it was actually steel underneath the black since the attached barrel is most definitely not. If it is, I'll make that my next task once I have time to work on it again! I know it's supposed to be a blued steel in the exposed parts (and, I believe, silver under the amber grips.)

Did you just blu the receiver and the lever or the all metal parts (triggers, trigger guard, gun frame)?
I am somewhat scared taking apart the trigger mechanism.

I blued all receiver parts, the lever (bolt) mechanism, the safety, cylinder latch, triggers and trigger guard. I actually decided not to take apart the trigger mechanism as I wanted an uneven bluing on the triggers anyway and the trigger guard can be successfully sanded/blued without removing it from the frame (take the screws out though before sanding... the pin will hold it firmly in place.) I'd also recommend, if you're planning to blue the cylinder latch, just giving it a light sanding without actually removing it from the frame, and then bluing it. Otherwise, you may lose the tiny pin and spring that keep it working properly.

Been sifting trough the post here regarding the Bulldog Frame and its definitely plastic. The way to go is to sort a sand the color away and treat it with like a Metal Polish.

Source: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=279095&page=3&highlight=Tomenosuke
Ok guys time for me to ask a couple of newb questions. My searches have turned up little here:

1). How is the bulldog frame and cylinder usually finished from the tomenosuke assembly kit? do people just leave it as is? I believe it's plastic with metal powder added in and you can even weather it with wire wool? But I don't want to start hitting it and find it ruins it or looks weathered. So whats the deal?

2). I want to replace the barrel with one of Teddz' barrels; does anyone have a good procedure for doing so? I'm assuming you simply hack off the old one at the start of the frame, and the new one sits in place, locating on the metal horizontal bar. Do people glue them in or just screw the receiver on and that holds it?

Thanks in advance.

1) Look here: https://plus.google.com/photos/1082...21088809041?banner=pwa&authkey=CKPMzNOEpqjJQQ (THIS IS NOT AS EASY AS IT LOOKS!!!!!)

I'm just going to use a little rub'n'buff pewter to give the plastic parts some shine...

2) There's really not much to it! Make sure to measure everything to start with. Use a hacksaw, Dremel or grinder to cut off the barrel, leaving a few millimeter to file down manually to the exact length. You can glue the barrel in place if you want (make sure it fits with the front screws!)... I'll just let it sit there, the screws will hold it in place...

Been sifting trough the post here regarding the Bulldog Frame and its definitely plastic. The way to go is to sort a sand the color away and treat it with like a Metal Polish.

You don't sand the color away. The plastic parts on the Tomen are similar to cold cast... when you sand them the metal powder is activated...

Last edited:
You don't sand the color away. The plastic parts on the Tomen are similar to cold cast... when you sand them the metal powder is activated...

So basically you're giving both the frame and the barrel the same treatment as the steel parts? Sanding then bluing? I gave the barrel a light scrub with sandpaper in a spot that isn't visible when the blaster's assembled, but it didn't seem to do anything other than scuff it a little. I was being *very* precious with it, though, since I wasn't sure how it would react and didn't want to do any irreversible damage.

So basically you're giving both the frame and the barrel the same treatment as the steel parts? Sanding then bluing? I gave the barrel a light scrub with sandpaper in a spot that isn't visible when the blaster's assembled, but it didn't seem to do anything other than scuff it a little. I was being *very* precious with it, though, since I wasn't sure how it would react and didn't want to do any irreversible damage.

Did you see this? It's the official Tomenosuke tutorial...

https://plus.google.com/photos/1082...21088809041?banner=pwa&authkey=CKPMzNOEpqjJQQ

I have seen that, but since there are no words, it's a bit of a head-scratcher for me :)

I'm guessing the first photo is "barrels, before and after sanding with the grits shown", then bluing and polishing compound, then a couple "final results" photos... is that about right? :)

Edit: have *just* seen the descriptions (in Japanese) for the first time, despite having looked at this gallery countless times. D'oh. Well, thanks for posting this in my thread! Ha. I can actually use this tutorial now.

I have seen that, but since there are no words, it's a bit of a head-scratcher for me :)

I'm guessing the first photo is "barrels, before and after sanding with the grits shown", then bluing and polishing compound, then a couple "final results" photos... is that about right? :)

Edit: have *just* seen the descriptions (in Japanese) for the first time, despite having looked at this gallery countless times. D'oh. Well, thanks for posting this in my thread! Ha. I can actually use this tutorial now.

Yep, there's a description ;)

Sanding pads -> Aluminum Black (multiple applications) -> Dry -> Tamiya Polishing Compound

But, as I've stated before, it looks easier than it is.

Okay, per the discussion above: I've taken a "work with what I have" approach and used *only* 0000 steel wool on the barrel and bulldog frame to bring out that metal flake (I tried very hard with sandpaper but, again, didn't seem to be accomplishing anything.) I haven't done any bluing yet as I'm out of Perma Blue (more is on the way), but I'm already immensely impressed by the shiny gray the barrel now has. Again, this was accomplished on the stock parts with a steady, even scrubbing of 0000 steel wool. I did use sandpaper (400 then 600 grit) to remove the black from the interior frame, since that was supposed to be silver shining through the grips. Here's how my blaster's evolved over the past two weeks since I received it—larger pics on the first post. More to come.

Oh -- I should note I haven't sealed the blued parts yet... someone stole my package of Barricade Rust Preventive and I have to wait until Wednesday for the replacement. Jerks!

gun3326.jpg

Okay, per the discussion above: I've taken a "work with what I have" approach and used *only* 0000 steel wool on the barrel and bulldog frame to bring out that metal flake (I tried very hard with sandpaper but, again, didn't seem to be accomplishing anything.) I haven't done any bluing yet as I'm out of Perma Blue (more is on the way), but I'm already immensely impressed by the shiny gray the barrel now has. Again, this was accomplished on the stock parts with a steady, even scrubbing of 0000 steel wool. I did use sandpaper (400 then 600 grit) to remove the black from the interior frame, since that was supposed to be silver shining through the grips. Here's how my blaster's evolved over the past two weeks since I received it—larger pics on the first post. More to come.

Oh -- I should note I haven't sealed the blued parts yet... someone stole my package of Barricade Rust Preventive and I have to wait until Wednesday for the replacement. Jerks!

View attachment 805492

That’s just steel wool? Looks great!

Who wants some glamour shots? I finally got my Barricade Rust Preventive and Johnson's Floor Wax (a great, cheaper alternative to Renaissance Wax), so I was finally able to oil and wax the metal pieces. Here's what we're looking like right now. These photos should look familiar to anyone that's studied Karl's (or the other photos included in the Tomenosuke photo booklet)... I basically copied those. :) Enjoy! I know there are a few rough spots (and I should probably clean up the fuzz in the trigger area), but I'm so happy with how this is turning out. I'd like to add some wires for the laser sight, though I won't actually be wiring it up.... can someone suggest the proper gauge and type of wire I need? I saw a post a while back that said to use 28 gauge teflon wire, but I honestly have no idea where to even get that. Help, as always, is appreciated!

IMG_7387.jpgIMG_7388.jpgIMG_7389.jpgIMG_7390.jpgIMG_7393.jpgIMG_7395.jpgIMG_7392.jpgIMG_7394.jpgIMG_7396.jpgIMG_7398.jpg

And the rest of 'em... I don't think I'll have anything to add at this point until I get those wires, so again, if someone can advise, I can continue on!

IMG_7399.jpgIMG_7400.jpgIMG_7402.jpgIMG_7403.jpgIMG_7401.jpgIMG_7405.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back