IRON MAN Hall of Armor W.I.P. Updates

Re: IRON MAN Hall of Armor W.I.P.

Wouldn't it be better to have one AMAZING suit (a mark 8 maybe) for the premiere than pounding out a hundred foam suits?

You have a nice mark 4 and mark 6 wich is impressive in its own right. But all your other Facebook pages are down. And there has been no other progress shots. I'm sorry, but this whole thread smells of troll...

Last edited:

yeah man if i were you i would do one amazing pep suit like not in foam so that you'll have such awesome details

The other two photos posted are better quality, but this is a slightly different angle of Mark VIII that my friend and I got at SDCC.

The reason why I am going the foam route instead of resin and pep, is because I am making each foam armor look just as good as a pep armor. The other threads do have progress, but I haven't had time to update them. And thank you for the picture MouseMeat. ieccoi, I use 3 coats of plasti dip, duplicolor perfect match primer, Barcelona red, sunburst gold, and clear coat. It is also good to put some silver scratches to it gives it more of a realistic metal look. Not to many scratches (unless you are going for a battle damaged look) but enough on the edges.

in my opinion i am a pretty good foam builder ; i modified a lot of part to make them more realistic and to add detail but reg pep is wayyyyyyyyyy better in the detail than foam ; no doubt about that but did you started your mark 7 ?

in my opinion i am a pretty good foam builder ; i modified a lot of part to make them more realistic and to add detail but reg pep is wayyyyyyyyyy better in the detail than foam ; no doubt about that but did you started your mark 7 ?

Yes I did start the Mark 7. I know reg pep can be excellent quality, but for what I am doing, is fine quality, not to fancy not not to cheesy. What armor are you building?

I'm going to have to call B.S. on this thread.

1. Your completion schedule is totally ridiculous.

2. Why would you want 42 iron man armours?

3. Where would you store them?

4. Your first post claims they will have moving parts but your facebook
pages show foam helmets. Good luck getting foam to move properly

5. Even at a modest $300 a costume that would cost over $12,000 on foam suits. Who does that?

I just completed my first suit and it took about 4 months and I figure about $500 with everything made from scratch.
It's threads like these that should be locked.
Post a new thread when you have 15 of them built with pictures all together.
Then I'll be impressed.
That is all. I will step down off my soap box now.

5. Even at a modest $300 a costume that would cost over $12,000 on foam suits. Who does that?

I just completed my first suit and it took about 4 months and I figure about $500 with everything made from scratch.
Then I'll be impressed.

This is a W.I.P. btw.

To everyone who speculates that I am not going to be able to complete my build at all or to what I say I will, please keep your comments to yourselves. It is ruining this thread and is becoming rude. If you do not believe that I can accomplish such a task, that is your opinion. But I will still try. The price for this build is no object. To store them, I will have a room made specifically for them. If I don't get all of the suits done in time for IM3, I will still continue the build. Soon I will post a video that shows the moving parts. Thank you for your understanding.

I think everyone is skeptical because you have a lot of wip threads out there(iron men, wolverine, batman, etc.).

You're kind of here and there.

Then I'll be impressed.

I'm going to have to call B.S. on this comment.

1. So what if his schedule is ridiculous? It's not odd for someone to go over a deadline.

2. There have only been 8 armors, not 42. Do your research

3. He has already said he is moving and will have a room specifically for his armor.

4. People have made foam helmets with moving parts, so it is possible.

5. OMG! Someone spending thousands of dollars on costumes? Cause no one has ever done that before...

I've never made an Iron Man suit, but this is not the type of comment you should be leaving on a fellow builders thread.
It's comments like these that should be deleted.
Post decent comment on this thread, giving constructive criticism and tips to a fellow foam builder.
Then I'll be impressed.

1. So what if his schedule is ridiculous? It's not odd for someone to go over a deadline.

3. He has already said he is moving and will have a room specifically for his armor.

5. OMG! Someone spending thousands of dollars on costumes? Cause no one has ever done that before...

I've never made an Iron Man suit, but this is not the type of comment you should be leaving on a fellow builders thread.
Post decent comment on this thread, giving constructive criticism and tips to a fellow foam builder.
Then I'll be impressed.

Thank you for that. Everything you said is very true!

I think everyone is skeptical because you have a lot of wip threads out there(iron men, wolverine, batman, etc.).

You're kind of here and there.

Yes I do have a lot, the Batman is completed, the Wolverine I have until next summer, (and same with superman).

I am here and there sometimes, but I will complete all of the wips by the end of 2013. They just need some patience.

Just because there are only 8 MOVIE suits doesn't mean that there isn't more. There are many comic book, animated movies, shows, and concept suits out there.

To everyone who speculates that I am not going to be able to complete my build at all or to what I say I will, please keep your comments to yourselves. It is ruining this thread and is becoming rude. If you do not believe that I can accomplish such a task, that is your opinion. But I will still try. The price for this build is no object. To store them, I will have a room made specifically for them. If I don't get all of the suits done in time for IM3, I will still continue the build. Soon I will post a video that shows the moving parts. Thank you for your understanding.
The thing is like Jowe stated you have many threads with incomplete builds or builds where you dramatically change your original goal. And then you add stuff like creating a mechanism that will put your suit on but lack the skills to accomplish this, and most couldnt pull it off even with the skill and money.

Anyways comments will be made good and bad, you just gotta take them in. And if you accomplish your goal it will be even more satisfying showing everyone who doubted you.

Then I'll be impressed.
read the first page he want to achieve them all even the comics
and since the deadline is too far this thread become a little useless
i think he meant that for a teen spending 12000 $ is alot
also before saying do your research you should read the whole thread before

Just because there are only 8 MOVIE suits doesn't mean that there isn't more. There are many comic book, animated movies, shows, and concept suits out there.

The thing is like Jowe stated you have many threads with incomplete builds or builds where you dramatically change your original goal. And then you add stuff like creating a mechanism that will put your suit on but lack the skills to accomplish this, and most couldnt pull it off even with the skill and money.

Anyways comments will be made good and bad, you just gotta take them in. And if you accomplish your goal it will be even more satisfying showing everyone who doubted you.
i totally agree wiith you if you make a thread you have to accept you will recieve good and bad comments

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back