IRON MAN Hall of Armor W.I.P. Updates

Re: IRON MAN Hall of Armor W.I.P.

You do realize the new suit is called the mark 42 not mark 8 so that right there could mean there are 41 other suits...I highly doubt it. Also I tend to agree that your a little ambitious on your WIP threads but I am not saying you cant do it I just think that your a little over zealous with 4-5 WIP at the same time. Maybe just focus on one thing at a time or dont post until something is close to finished. I tend to take photos along the way and then once I am close to finished I post a WIP thread that way threads dont end up like this one were people call you out on it. Just my .02 cents as I am curious to see your Hall of Armor in the end too.

You do realize the new suit is called the mark 42 not mark 8 so that right there could mean there are 41 other suits...I highly doubt it. Also I tend to agree that your a little ambitious on your WIP threads but I am not saying you cant do it I just think that your a little over zealous with 4-5 WIP at the same time. Maybe just focus on one thing at a time or dont post until something is close to finished. I tend to take photos along the way and then once I am close to finished I post a WIP thread that way threads dont end up like this one were people call you out on it. Just my .02 cents as I am curious to see your Hall of Armor in the end too.

That's a great idea on how to do wip threads. I will probably do hat from now on.

dude for the third time i said that i count the suit on the comics plus the on in the movie and there is 42 he said that he would do the one in the comics the video games and the movies

dude for the third time i said that i count the suit on the comics plus the on in the movie and there is 42 he said that he would do the one in the comics the video games and the movies

Ok there ace first why don't you calm down! Secondly learn to punctuate your sentences it will make it easier for us to read them. Thirdly Cut the kid some slack man he is Ambitious and wants to do this, which is fine its his choice and project, if you don't like it stay out of his thread and stop posting in it.

I was giving my .02 cents on how he should do his WIP threads not crapping on your comment so relax.

i am absolutely relax . its because it begin to be exhausting that the people dont read the whole thread and then comment without knowing what they said. also i think this thread is useless since he as to put the 42 armor progress in it if he would put one thread a time it'll be ok

Ok enough arguing and back to updates. This time I am taking RDMaul's advice for W.I.P. Threads. For those who are interested I have got a bit done on my Mark VII and I am slowly starting to update the fb page. I am using new methods and techniques for the builds to make them look better quality.

Just a bit of update on the Hall itself. I am building the stands tonight. I got lots of PVC. This was fun getting it from home depot in a small 6 ft car. ( each pole is 10 ft)

e590241aaee6adc74d955f1b56f15e70.jpg

b14995ba9a5d00956939bac91bc5be3c.jpg

Thanks to STEALTH for the tutorial and idea!

Mark 4 finished: (sorry for the bad pics)

e3c79d07123c222d9998ab4ac294ac81.jpg

1dbf73e84acb74850c8ba624adbbeba1.jpg

1359b890c134d651cf450dc782c4b15f.jpg

I know there are gaps, but I didn't realize it while the pictures where being taken. They are normally not there.

IW777, looks nice need ta take some better pics so you can see th' details better keep up th' good work brah.:p:thumbup::cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Your missing your left hand there buddy. ;-)
Your suit looks good tho. Your proportions look excellent!
Also, don't forget your hip pods!

Good job buddy, the suit looks awesome.

you look like a stud in that suit. you're going to kill halloween.

I don't know man, I think I'd rather have 1 good clean solid resin suit than 42 foam suits. Quicker to build, yes. But quality over quantity.

I don't know man, I think I'd rather have 1 good clean solid resin suit than 42 foam suits. Quicker to build, yes. But quality over quantity.

I am making one resin suit, the mark vii, and the rest foam. (mostly for display)

"that guy doesn't have a left hand! He didn't think we'd see it... But we did." lol

Haha I know, hands are a pain to make, I might commission someone to do them for me.

Good job buddy, the suit looks awesome.

you look like a stud in that suit. you're going to kill halloween.

Thanks. I learned a lot of great tips from your tutorials!

Hi, I'm new to this world of Costuming and I have no knowledge of how to build these great works of art.. but I love the idea of building the suits.. I tried liking the FB links.. but I was redirected.. so not sure those pages are still active. Good work so far! I give you guys lots of credit for all the talent and effort I see here.. You all should be working in Hollywood!! :)

"that guy doesn't have a left hand! He didn't think we'd see it... But we did." lol

LOL, best comment ever :lol

And great work on the suit, it looks very nice. I have a few foam pieces done and I'll be very happy if they end up looking as good as yours.

LOL, best comment ever :lol

And great work on the suit, it looks very nice. I have a few foam pieces done and I'll be very happy if they end up looking as good as yours.

Thank You

Hi, I'm new to this world of Costuming and I have no knowledge of how to build these great works of art.. but I love the idea of building the suits.. I tried liking the FB links.. but I was redirected.. so not sure those pages are still active. Good work so far! I give you guys lots of credit for all the talent and effort I see here.. You all should be working in Hollywood!! :)

That is strange about the FB links, I will try an fix them. The RPF is a great place to start learning about costuming.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back