IRON MAN Hall of Armor W.I.P. Updates

Nice work so far on everything. Your Hall of Armor will be quite the sight when you're done. Because of time & space constraints (& the fact that I have only 1 suit, the Mark VII) I built this single life-size display case so I have somewhere to display my suit.(could've made 2 out of it but I liked the idea of having a dedicated workstation attached to it!) It took about 35-45 total build hours and cost me less than $200 because I already had most of the materials. But plan on investing anywhere from $800-$1200 per case depending on the materials you use and how meticulous you want to be on the smaller details. If you need a materials list for your cases I'm more than happy to share what I used. If you're gonna go all out with stainless steel, brushed nickel, or some other treated metal surface be prepared to spend a VERY large amount of money. My case is ALL wood with the exception of the "glass" on the sides, (it's 3/4" polystyrene sheets used for covering windows during a hurricane) & the lights imbedded in the wall that forms the back of the case, those are glass pebbles I frosted with a rotary tool and glued into place then took a string of Christmas lights and pushed them thru the back. The rest was a lot of elbow grease and getting creative with paint colors that resembled metal! :D

View attachment 191409View attachment 191410View attachment 191411View attachment 191412View attachment 191413

Nice work so far on everything. Your Hall of Armor will be quite the sight when you're done. Because of time & space constraints (& the fact that I have only 1 suit, the Mark VII) I built this single life-size display case so I have somewhere to display my suit.(could've made 2 out of it but I liked the idea of having a dedicated workstation attached to it!) It took about 35-45 total build hours and cost me less than $200 because I already had most of the materials. But plan on investing anywhere from $800-$1200 per case depending on the materials you use and how meticulous you want to be on the smaller details. If you need a materials list for your cases I'm more than happy to share what I used. If you're gonna go all out with stainless steel, brushed nickel, or some other treated metal surface be prepared to spend a VERY large amount of money. My case is ALL wood with the exception of the "glass" on the sides, (it's 3/4" polystyrene sheets used for covering windows during a hurricane) & the lights imbedded in the wall that forms the back of the case, those are glass pebbles I frosted with a rotary tool and glued into place then took a string of Christmas lights and pushed them thru the back. The rest was a lot of elbow grease and getting creative with paint colors that resembled metal! :D

View attachment 191409View attachment 191410View attachment 191411View attachment 191412View attachment 191413

Wow! Thanks for all the tips and such. Btw your attachments didn't work for some reason.

Not sure why they didnt attach but check out these pix my last post from a few days ago, It shows my case/workstation and a shot of my suit as well as a side-by-side comparison pf the "model" case and mine. Still working on a stand that will work with the display case. Will post pix once I get the stand finished and get the suit in the case.

Attachments

• Display Comparison.jpg
    Display Comparison.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 350
  • Display-Workstation.jpg
    Display-Workstation.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 350
  • MeMarkVII-3.jpg
    MeMarkVII-3.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 325
Not sure why they didnt attach but check out these pix my last post from a few days ago, It shows my case/workstation and a shot of my suit as well as a side-by-side comparison pf the "model" case and mine. Still working on a stand that will work with the display case. Will post pix once I get the stand finished and get the suit in the case.

The hall of rmor replica is outstanding!!!:O can you pm me how to do it??:O

Awesome stuff! That design will definitely fit with my Hall of Armor design. I am going to move soon, but afterwards I will want to get back to you on details and such on making it if you don't mind.

Just let me know when you're ready. Been busy myself, but finally getting back to improving my suit for TB comicon coming in August.

Bump.
Have you made any more progress on the suits/Armour Hall? I've just spent the past half hour looking through the thread and the concept behind the suit-up mechanism is really exciting.

Re: IRON MAN Hall of Armor W.I.P.

To everyone who speculates that I am not going to be able to complete my build at all or to what I say I will, please keep your comments to yourselves. It is ruining this thread and is becoming rude. If you do not believe that I can accomplish such a task, that is your opinion. But I will still try. The price for this build is no object. To store them, I will have a room made specifically for them. If I don't get all of the suits done in time for IM3, I will still continue the build. Soon I will post a video that shows the moving parts. Thank you for your understanding.

Hey bro.... I apologize for all the haters...I believe in you bro...and on a different matter, thank you, you have inspired me to do a custom Iron man Hall of Armors!

Sent from my YP-GS1 using Tapatalk 2

I use cereal boxes on the inside where the foam is to weak. If done everywhere in the suit, it actually starts to be hard almost as resin would make it. I use scissors and cut it at an angle, practice on a few scrap sheets. Make sure if you want a 90 degree angle, cut both pieces you are glueing together, if you are doing 45 degrees only cut on piece. If you plan to do the cereal box technique make sure you do it before you paint,then it helps smooth the foam, keep it's shape, and reduces cracks and makes it durable.

btw spray plasti dip ends up solidifying to be as hard as a rock! I used this on my magneto helmet and it worked beautifully, 4 coats and it will still fit but it will strenghthen everything!

Sent from my YP-GS1 using Tapatalk 2

For everyone going on about how the suits are only powered by Tony's implanted arc reactor... No. Here's the Hall of Armor from Iron Man 2:

latest

...and here from Iron Man 3:

Iron_Man_armor_%28Earth-199999%29_001.jpg

I don't know how long before Iron Man 3 Tony decided to have them all independently-operable, but he at least was displaying them with their own reactors as of Iron Man 2.
@IronWarrior777, have fun on this project. I admire ambition. If you were doing the entire Armor Vault...? Then I'd question your sanity. ;)

--Jonah

Re: IRON MAN Hall of Armor W.I.P.

sorry if you already know, but the 'mark 8' is actually the mark 42. Sorry but i was just clarifying. the iron patriot is also the exact same design as the mark 22, but the gun is added

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back