Indiana Jones - 'Real World' Props

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

VonMagnum

Sr Member
That's something I would be very interested in!

What is the source/provenance of the photo above?

The strange thing about Senior's watch is that it seems to be different styles in different scenes.

As we know there are the ordinary open face pocket watches as seen above, and the "hunter case" watches.

With ordinary pocket watches the stem/winder is generally at 12 o'clock.

With Hunter Case watches the stem/winder is generally at 3 o'clock with the hinge at 9 o'clock.

So, in the biplane scene Senior pulls out his watch, the stem is at 12 o'clock and he looks at the face without having to open a cover, thus it's an ordinary open face watch.

But in the sidecar scene it's clearly a gold Hunter Case watch with the stem at 3 o'clock and the hinge at 9 o'clock and Connery flipping open the cover to see the face.

It's from another thread I started that someone named rene007 replied to with information about the watch (Click HERE)

He says it's taken from a book called, "From Star Wars to Indiana Jones - The Best out of the Lucas Film Archive - By Mark Cotta and SHINJI HATA". And yes, there appears to be two different watches. The full hunter is in that scene with the motorcycle. I don't know if it's the same brand or not. Indiana Jones is not known for consistency (there's two very different Staff of Ra medallions in Raiders for goodness sake and apparently they thought no one would notice).

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Lightning

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Funny, I don't remember that picture in my copy of the Archives book, I'll check when I get home, unless someone else can look before then.

Dr Jones Sr

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks for that link, there's a clearer photo of the biplane watch where you can clearly see that it's open faced.

Thus my wondering whether it was the same watch, but that Connery didn't open it, is ruled out.

As a Cosplayer I had to decide which watch to go with, and I went with the open faced version. (For purely practical reasons; I use my pocket watch when in costume, and an open face watch is slimmer, lighter, and easier to use.)

I made a new collage showing the two versions of his watch.

QTJqtnN.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.