Indiana Jones - 'Real World' Props

I suppose what you're talking about here is more specifically display ideas. There's a long thread with people sharing displays already, but I guess it's not exactly what you mean? I'd say that's probably the closest place for that conversation if there's one though. My understanding of the purpose of this thread is to list objects that do appear in the movies and can be found in the real world without having to build them from scratch.
Many thanks for your responses. And yes, Liberance, you've answered just what I was wondering. I think that sharing here ideas to "enhance" our props -ex. display sets-, or getting the apropriate ambience for our exhibits (and giving the sense of getting "to life" to something is just pure imagination/fiction) would be fantastic. I won't mix any of these ideas in this thread as it is intended for objects appearing in the films. So it would be better if I create another one for the non-appearing but possible. This weekend I think I'll be bussy, but I'll be ready for Monday and I hope to include some of my ideas with pictures. And Kevin925, very impressive your collection. I loved your picts and items ;-)

Just upgraded my Crystal Skull backpack with a real vintage one after a couple of years feeling a bit weird going around with a real Mk VII satchel but a cheaper looking replica backpack.

172a5106-7b06-45ee-9e34-f839a08361c6.jpg

Needless to say, it's much, much better than the modern replicas. You can tell right away from the look and feel. I also got it in rather good shape and complete as far as I can tell—including the vynil impermeable bottom that sometimes is missing and an extra optional strap that wraps around your waist.

Like I said last time, this may overlap a bit with the "gear" category rather than props per se, but since it's a real world object, here you go.

Managed to grab a couple of Linder knives (Indy's pocket knife from Raiders) from a store in Europe, and I thought it may be a good idea to update this thread with the info that's already been shared elsewhere: the Linder 312111 knife has been discontinued as of last year and it's becoming next to impossible to find. So if anybody wants one, you need to look for it now. In fact you should've been looking for it for the past couple of years. I had slept on this prop for ages because I considered it very low priority and I almost lost my chance to have one.

unnamed.jpg

To reiterate what VonMagnum said earlier in the thread, this is probably the closest candidate there is for Indy's Raiders knife and on top of that it's rather inexpensive. Thankfully there's still the Hubertus 12.300.HH.00 as an option, which appears to be a fantastic knife and looks virtually the same, but in addition of being much more expensive, it does feature a couple of notches on the metal top of the handle and gold finishes for several parts that are definitely not there in Indy's knife. Whatever they do to treat their antler handle appears to often give them a closer look to what Indy uses though, but knowing these kind of knives all have slightly different grips, I wouldn't consider that a key reference factor.

Anyways, the shop where I found these still had two more in stock, so if anyone is looking for one feel free to send me a DM and I'll point you in the right direction.

Managed to grab a couple of Linder knives (Indy's pocket knife from Raiders) from a store in Europe, and I thought it may be a good idea to update this thread with the info that's already been shared elsewhere: the Linder 312111 knife has been discontinued as of last year and it's becoming next to impossible to find. So if anybody wants one, you need to look for it now. In fact you should've been looking for it for the past couple of years. I had slept on this prop for ages because I considered it very low priority and I almost lost my chance to have one.

View attachment 1740557

To reiterate what VonMagnum said earlier in the thread, this is probably the closest candidate there is for Indy's Raiders knife and on top of that it's rather inexpensive. Thankfully there's still the Hubertus 12.300.HH.00 as an option, which appears to be a fantastic knife and looks virtually the same, but in addition of being much more expensive, it does feature a couple of notches on the metal top of the handle and gold finishes for several parts that are definitely not there in Indy's knife. Whatever they do to treat their antler handle appears to often give them a closer look to what Indy uses though, but knowing these kind of knives all have slightly different grips, I wouldn't consider that a key reference factor.

Anyways, the shop where I found these still had two more in stock, so if anyone is looking for one feel free to send me a DM and I'll point you in the right direction.
DM sent, I'd like one if you could pick one up. Thanks

Just upgraded my Crystal Skull backpack with a real vintage one after a couple of years feeling a bit weird going around with a real Mk VII satchel but a cheaper looking replica backpack.

View attachment 1731788

Needless to say, it's much, much better than the modern replicas. You can tell right away from the look and feel. I also got it in rather good shape and complete as far as I can tell—including the vynil impermeable bottom that sometimes is missing and an extra optional strap that wraps around your waist.

Like I said last time, this may overlap a bit with the "gear" category rather than props per se, but since it's a real world object, here you go.
Is there something on it that makes it obvious to tell how old the bag is? I got mine as part of an Indy collection on eBay so I have no idea how old the bag is..

Oh wait. I see that was the kotcs bag. This one is from Temple of Doom.

20230918_204055.jpg

Last edited:
Is there something on it that makes it obvious to tell how old the bag is? I got mine as part of an Indy collection on eBay so I have no idea how old the bag is..

Oh wait. I see that was the kotcs bag. This one is from Temple of Doom.

Yeah, like division said, the real satchels (or the military pack the screen-used Dial of Destiny's backpack is based on) have markings inside with the year of manufacture.

The Crystal Skull backpacks, however, don't have that. At most, they usually come with a soldier's name printed on the back—but not always. My guess is that most available today are 40 to 50 years old, since the design was widely used by a few countries over a long period of time. The way to tell whether they're real is, well, by just looking at them. Once you've seen one is very obvious when one is a replica or an actual vintage bag.

Yeah, like division said, the real satchels (or the military pack the screen-used Dial of Destiny's backpack is based on) have markings inside with the year of manufacture.

The Crystal Skull backpacks, however, don't have that. At most, they usually come with a soldier's name printed on the back—but not always. My guess is that most available today are 40 to 50 years old, since the design was widely used by a few countries over a long period of time. The way to tell whether they're real is, well, by just looking at them. Once you've seen one is very obvious when one is a replica or an actual vintage bag.
There was never a soldiers name printed on the back of the "Jägerrucksack" or anywhere else. If there is a name on it only because somebody wrote on it and it'll never come off. No matter with what :rolleyes: They were just handed out to the soldiers as blank backpacks.
You can only guess the release date by the companyname or number in it. Deuter is newer whereas numbers are older. But they where produced over 20 years so you never really know.

Now THIS is the lighter Marion should have used in Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's an IMCO Triplex lighter (1936+) with a wooden figure covering, probably made in the late 1940s or early 1950s). Yeah, it's the wrong date, but so is using a 1980s IMCO Triplex Super....

The fire coming out of the neck thing goes right along with the Ark theme of melting faces.... Plus I think it would have been hilarious if Marion lit her cigarette with this thing. :D

IMCO Wooden Figure 01 Front.jpg
IMCO Wooden Figure 09 Lit Side.jpg

Anyone have any luck finding the blue folder that Indy and Helena's documents are kept in? It's a basic blue folder (it does have gold CIA stamping on the front) but trying to find one that is the same colour, texture, and fold on the inside flap has proved impossible.

Anyone have any luck finding the blue folder that Indy and Helena's documents are kept in? It's a basic blue folder (it does have gold CIA stamping on the front) but trying to find one that is the same colour, texture, and fold on the inside flap has proved impossible.

Post your best screenshot of it, I'll have a look.

Okay, that's not much to go on. The visible back page is baby blue. The front appears white.
There is some possibility then, that this has a CLEAR front, and a white piece of paper is in the front clear pocket.
So, some kind of presentation folder. The top edge that sticks out just appears to be the documents, cata-cornered.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back