Indiana Jones - 'Real World' Props

imfu2.jpg

What you see there is the inside of the folder folded over on itself, and the free corner of the POCKET. (the two red arrows)
Pocket folders are common. But finding one the right color and style....

New prop identified. It turns out that I noticed that there is a Voller diary. In Jocke's bar in the Disney park they have props of the movies and they have several about the Dial movie, but a specific prop I didn't know how to locate it, I thought it could be something related to Basil's paper sheets. But it is not so, looking at the photogram of Voller's papers, I have seen out of focus a diary with some texts that coincides with the diary exposed in the bar.

diario-voller-prueba.jpg

I'd be up for a real goat skull medallion holder. Surely, someone lives on a farm still? :D

Perhaps a goat roast and holder maker party? It sounds great to me. I'd feel like one of those Predators steam cleaning a fresh skull....

I'd probably need a pair to put on a set of speakers in my home theater. I've certainly got enough medallions to go around (12 the last I checked not counting my tie pin version).

I just ordered this off eBay (searched under "Magnifying Glass Stand"). There's another on there right now too, but they want a LOT more for it. I got this one for less than half its price. I can use one for working on lighters that I collect. It looks like the end balance weight is rounded instead of flat, but otherwise looks more or less the same.

View attachment 1349659
I have that same exact one

A bit of a mix of a birthday and Christmas present to myself that went through a long, complicated process to arrive to its destination:

transit.png

Indy's transit tool from Raiders.

An early 20th century K&E transit made in Hoboken, NJ. With its original wooden case included, but not pictured. There's no need to go into detail with this thing because this thread's own MaverickFerg already explained everything there is to know about the model on the Indiana Jones displays thread. I recommend anyone interested to just head there and read through his findings.

I was lucky enough to find a similar transit in pretty good condition, and I had it shipped to Europe with the invaluable help of a vintage collectibles salesman from Washington State. This can be a bit of a headache, cause depending on their year of manufacture, these things could be considered antique, and the wooden parts alone can mean extra checks and regulations in customs. Thankfully everything went smoothly.

Needless to say, it's a beautiful instrument and something that will likely hold a significant value in years to come, movie prop or not. Very few people would even remember Indiana Jones ever used one of these, but he did, he wouldn't have found the Ark of the Covenant without it, and it sits right at home in a room full of historical artifacts with a vintage decor.

I just wanted to mention that around a year ago I finally found the correct Jean Pierre Hunter Case watch as used in the motorcycle chase scene.

My only quibble is that it had someone's initials engraved on one side of the case.

Here are screen shots and watches purported to be correct.

Left is the open-face Biplane watch, right is the Hunter case Sidecar watch.

Note the Biplane watch's stem is at 12 o'clock and the Sidecar watch's stem is at 3 o'clock.

At bottom is the only photo I have showing mine! It's usually in my pocket.

QTJqtnN.jpg

ir1zYHP.jpg

Last edited:
A bit of a mix of a birthday and Christmas present to myself that went through a long, complicated process to arrive to its destination:

View attachment 1774034

Needless to say, it's a beautiful instrument and something that will likely hold a significant value in years to come, movie prop or not. Very few people would even remember Indiana Jones ever used one of these, but he did, he wouldn't have found the Ark of the Covenant without it, and it sits right at home in a room full of historical artifacts with a vintage decor.
There is a great beauty in objects that were made to last. The vintage vibe is something which always attracted me to Indiana Jones. I would love to see it in its new home if you would be willing to share. (Of course I completely understand if you aren't. Your home is your castle)

There is a great beauty in objects that were made to last. The vintage vibe is something which always attracted me to Indiana Jones. I would love to see it in its new home if you would be willing to share. (Of course I completely understand if you aren't. Your home is your castle)

That will still need to wait a while, because objects like that transit are part of a room redesign for my personal office. I'm not even done yet with the display cabinet where I have the bulk of the collection, and I haven't decided if the transit will go in there or sit elsewhere. But I suppose, once I'm done—hopefully sometime this year—I could share it in the Indiana Jones displays thread.

In any case, what you say about vintage stuff is true. Some of the real world artifacts we list here as extra flavor for the Indy collections are more interesting than the movie-specific props themselves. I guess one has to be into that aesthetic, but I certainly am. I can't stand minimalist modern houses, so the old timey vibe from Indy works perfect for me and these things don't look out of place in the house.

Henry Jones Sr's pen should be a Conway Steward No 58 (at least the black one seen in the movie and in the book "From Star Wars to Indiana Jones - The best of the Lucasfilm Archives".)

Attachments

• 5ED75EDE-816E-4B8D-8FAD-EE164E8FA9BB.JPG
    5ED75EDE-816E-4B8D-8FAD-EE164E8FA9BB.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 28
Great thread!

Thought this was a cool addition...a copy of LIFE magazine (Issue #2, November 30, 1936) used in the cameo scene with ILM's Dennis Murren...

Attachments

• IMG_0698 Large.jpeg
    IMG_0698 Large.jpeg
    345.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0700 Large.jpeg
    IMG_0700 Large.jpeg
    287.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0699 Large.jpeg
    IMG_0699 Large.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0562.JPG
    IMG_0562.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 48
  • main_1651160928-Dennis-Muren-Signed-Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark-11x14-Photo-Beckett-PristineAuctio...jpg
    main_1651160928-Dennis-Muren-Signed-Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark-11x14-Photo-Beckett-PristineAuctio...jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 43
  • puw1rx8hhgw31.jpg
    puw1rx8hhgw31.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 55
Thanks to RaidersLight over here I was able to finish a personal quest of mine, and I finally found an original Nazca dagger from Crystal Skull by Marto (Charles V Imperial Dagger Model 706, if you want to get technical). And not only that, but a complete boxed one and all, and in Spain itself where this dagger is originally from in both fiction and real life.

Like any Marto blade, I guess you could say this is a decorative, historical reproduction of sorts, certainly a non functional blade, but since it's an object used by the film's team without any need to build it from scratch (other than aging), I'd say it counts as a "Real World Prop."

PHOTO-2024-04-09-12-13-49.jpg

8c3e5405-f886-405e-a5f9-cd474cbf3cb5.jpg

PHOTO-2024-04-09-11-52-30.jpg

Now the funny thing is that we found not one, but two of these daggers at the same time, which is remarkable not only because of how damn rare they are, but also because they were different. Turns out there are two models of this thing out there, both likely made by Marto in Toledo, although this is something we're still trying to figure out at the moment.

To be clear, I'm not referring to the fan-made replica by—I think—Sarednab, which is a pretty good alternative for this prop. The second variant of the dagger is virtually identical to the one pictured here, minus the Marto logo under the guard. It also features what seems to be an aged, matte finish on the gold details. RaidersLight will follow up this post with pictures of his own dagger for reference. Unfortunately, his didn't come boxed, and since it lacks the logo, we don't know if Marto manufactured it for certain. Still, it's quite possible they did, especially considering some old store links featuring the dagger advertise it as a replica from the Indiana Jones movies—which the original certainly wasn't, as it must have been purchased by the Lucasfilm props team during production in an effort to save time and money. The fact they bothered to remove the shine from the gold also suggests it may have been a second run looking to capitalize on the movie, since the dagger used during filming was weathered to dull it down.

Conquistadors-Spanish-sword-from-from-Indiana-Jones-and-the-Kingdom-of-the-Crystal-Skull.jpg

Pictured here is the screen-used dagger from the Indiana Jones Prop Exhibition in Valencia a few years back. The blade was sharpened and dirtied up, with the "made in Spain" legend under the Marto logo possibly erased. And again, as you can see the red and gold details were dulled down to make it seem more uniform and realistic. Other than that, it's pretty clearly an off-the-shelf Marto dagger.

As for the variant, pending Raiders' pictures, if anyone owns one in its original packaging it'd be interesting to learn more about it so we can have a complete profile of this prop.

As the colleague comments, we had acquired a dagger practically at the same time. The thing is that my dagger has some differences with respect to the model we knew so far from the manufacturer Marto. My dagger has a more aged look (closer to the film), but you can see that it is from the factory. Also, the ornament on the blade of the dagger is in a higher position and does not have the Marto logo. I do not know what year of manufacture this model of dagger is from. This is the first time I have seen this model. Does anyone have one like it or have more information?

1000075650.jpg

1000075649.jpg

on the school desk from crystal skull...

Any idea what this big white book could be?

View attachment 1352984

here my own desk:
View attachment 1352989
It took me about three minutes of staring at the blu-ray, figuring out four words, and then 35 seconds on Google.

"ORGANISATION AND PATHOLOGY OF THOUGHT - SELECTED SOURCES". DAVID RAPAPORT. COLUMBIA, 1952

"Sometimes, I amaze even myself." :)

Attachments

• il_1080xN.4580442985_m4y8.jpg
    il_1080xN.4580442985_m4y8.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 27

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back