Interest Indiana Jones - "FERTILITY IDOL" (Made from Casting from Original Mold)

OMG!!!! B- You have outdid yourself! Best project yet!!! VERY WELL DONE!!

Attachments

• Idols.jpg
    Idols.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 283
I'm glad they're starting to arrive in peoples hands and you're loving them! :D (y)

Just an FYI:
You guys probably won't notice, but I notice it since I've had my hands all over this thing for the past few years. Since it's cast in bronze, using the Lost Wax method, they cast these things in wax, cut the wax model in half, and then stick each half into a plaster investment mold. They then stick the investment mold into a kiln to burn the wax out to create an empty cavity of each Idol half. Then they pour in the molten bronze.
After they tear the cooled Idol halfs out of the investment molds, they have to weld each half back together!
How they're able to weld it back together and clean up the parting lines is some very fine craftsmanship!
Although, because they have to do welding and cleanup, there may or may not be some imperfections in each Idol. I can see them, but you may not.
So, this is just to let you know that these are not 100% perfect, maybe 98-99% perfect ;), but for them being cast in metal and with real Gold-Plating, it's probably the best you're going to get! :cool:(y)

Last edited:
Hey Brenton, I have sent my deposit. Would it be possible to change my order to the shiny hero version instead of the aged one?

Hey RelicMaker, if it's not too late, could I change mine from aged to shiny, I've been debating back and forth since the beginning and I'd be stoked either way, but the shiny version is speaking to me... If it's too late though that's perfectly fine as well. (y)

UPDATE:

The factory is going to start working on the replacement Idols, while FedEx is going to be picking up the damaged Idols.
The factory mentioned something about receiving them back as scrap, since FedEx has nothing to do with them. However they work that out will be between the factory and FedEx...
They also promised to ship them better next time, and hopefully they're true to their word...
So, those who have paid a deposit and those waiting on the list will just have to be patient a little longer and not to worry. You will be getting your Idol! :cool: (y)

From what I can tell, it looks like I have enough Idols in good condition to supply you guys all the way up to the #50 spot on the list.
Sorry, everyone below spot #50 will have to wait... :(

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back