Interest Indiana Jones - "FERTILITY IDOL" (Made from Casting from Original Mold)

Picked up my idol today; WOW!

This is my fifth piece from Brenton and man, he has never missed the mark on making these props.

Great finishing on the idol and it looks just, so good. Very happy I went with the aged hero.

I’ll post some pictures later tonight when I’m off work. Until then, thank you very much RelicMaker. I think I can speak for the rest of us and say we are very appreciative of your efforts.

Last edited:
Just unpacked mine and wow is this prop amazing! You nailed the finish. I have to fit it into my display case but here is a quick picture next to my “naturally over many years of handling without cleaning patina” Hand-Schaub bronze idol. The weight of these always surprises me.

Thank you for yet another great run.

EB38B6EB-2949-4C7E-B46D-F6B5C95AD1FB.jpeg

Thanks, pepperbone this literally made me laugh out loud haha.

RelicMaker I can't hold out anymore. These things are gorgeous. Can you add me to the waiting list for an aged Hero with glass eyes please?
:)(y)
It's crazy how a movie prop that had maybe under 2 minutes of screen time nearly 40 years ago gets us all excited.

Will take pics RelicMaker's work this weekend and post them here.

The golden idol scene is so memorable because that’s our introduction to Indiana Jones (and Alfred Molina as Satipo) and it’s filled with hooks. My parents wouldn’t allow me to watch Raiders in the theaters because I was too young to handle the violence. However I ended up watching the entire movie on a display TV at K-Mart a year later, and still remember being amazed by the opening scene.

:)(y)
It's crazy how a movie prop that had maybe under 2 minutes of screen time nearly 40 years ago gets us all excited.

Will take pics RelicMaker's work this weekend and post them here.

I ended up watching the entire movie on a display TV at K-Mart a year later, and still remember being amazed by the opening scene.

That's awesome!! :) :)

I "watched" it for the first time in the early days of cable TV, on one of those Pay-TV channels where the signal was scrambled. Sometimes, very briefly, the signal would not scramble entirely, so you could make out what was happening, but that was only for a few seconds. The audio was perfect though - and that was enough for me back then.

....man...I'm old....

The golden idol scene is so memorable because that’s our introduction to Indiana Jones (and Alfred Molina as Satipo) and it’s filled with hooks. My parents wouldn’t allow me to watch Raiders in the theaters because I was too young to handle the violence. However I ended up watching the entire movie on a display TV at K-Mart a year later, and still remember being amazed by the opening scene.
I think i've watched Raiders about 50 times by now. But i can't leave the screen until the opening sequence is over and they are back at Marshall college. I know, I'm weird....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back