This is what I could make from what I got on the web : my English is poor so don't hesitate to correct this article. It needs a good back side...

My only thought is that it should read "headed to the City of Cairo early Wednesday"
1. They were driving from Tanis to Cairo to fly out the ark
2. Tanis was a lost/unknown city to everyone but expert archeologists so a newspaper reporter wouldn't be referencing it.

As for the back, google "1936 newspaper ads" and crop out an appropriate chunk.

Good idea Lightning

Here are a few examples of possible ads:

Attachments

• AD.jpg
    AD.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 80
  • AD_2.jpg
    AD_2.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 78
  • AD_3.jpg
    AD_3.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 65
  • AD_4.jpg
    AD_4.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 61
  • AD_5.jpg
    AD_5.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 65
  • AD_6.jpg
    AD_6.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 63
  • AD_7.jpg
    AD_7.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 60
  • AD_8.jpg
    AD_8.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 80
Hi Again!
Been annoyed with the quality of the stamps and handwriting of my original Personnel files for a long time so while I got free time decided to clean them up a bit. let me know of anything else I can work on.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• Arnold Toht FBI File UPDATED.png
    Arnold Toht FBI File UPDATED.png
    590.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Herman Dietrich FBI File UPDATED.png
    Herman Dietrich FBI File UPDATED.png
    658.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Rene Belloq FBI File UPDATED.png
    Rene Belloq FBI File UPDATED.png
    596.1 KB · Views: 53
Hi Again!
Been annoyed with the quality of the stamps and handwriting of my original Personnel files for a long time so while I got free time decided to clean them up a bit. let me know of anything else I can work on.
Enjoy!
Lol. Greatly appreciated. I do the same thing when having to use my own handwriting. Sometimes I make my wife write stuff. I have nice handwriting, but being my own it just looks wrong to me. Lol

One piece of the magic of the Indy movies is that real world events and information is being used as basis to narrate a fictional story.
It is a vary good ground to make the story look credible.

Which gets me to my question:
According to Indiana Jones Wiki
Major Eaton and Colonel Musgrove are working for United States Army Intelligence, not FBI, as some of these profile documents indicate.

I am from Germany and may be wrong here, but the FBI - even in its beginnings - was responsible for the home affairs and not international.
For that would be the CIA. But:
CIA has been formed in 1947 and its a civil organization, whereas Eaton and Musgrove are from the military, given their ranks.

So, which military intelligence agency would be realistic to go with here?

Last edited:
The most of you guys are probably satisfied wht the results of these files.
It's an awesome job, don't get me wrong.
But for me these documents look slightly too artificial to be credible.
And so I am doing some research, to change them up to become more realistic.
I've been thinking about this error for a while now, the original maker of this prop set did it as FBI so us replicating it followed suit. if you want dm me and we could work on making more accurate formats for Military Intelligence files to port all the information to.
Hope to hear from you soon!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back