I did some research and maybe it is the Military Intelligence Division:
They've been around from from 1918 until 1942.

You can read about them in this book:

At this moment I think that this fits the bill.
Please correct me if I'm wrong with my assumptions.
Yeah no that's the best assumption, That Military Division is what I got recommended for my old Artifact Files.
I'm having a look for old declassified documents from this Division and have only found a iffy one so far

Yeap, what I could find:

"Before World War II, intelligence activities in the United States were mostly carried out by the Department of State, the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI), and the War Department's Military Intelligence Division (MID)."

I found an interesting folder with Naval Intelligence files:
Naval Intelligence

It's loaded.

No need to go through the whole stuff as you get the idea about the overall structure of these documents pretty fast.
But there may be some treasures lying around for those who want and take the time to dig in deeper.

Regarding the file folder for Raiders:
I have checked the scenes where the file folder can be seen.
And actually it is not a folder at all.
It’s a simple DIN A3 paper folded together.
So if you want to be absolutely screen accurate, you just print that TOP SECRET text on one side and fold it together and your good to go.

Regarding the file folder for Raiders:
I have checked the scenes where the file folder can be seen.
And actually it is not a folder at all.
It’s a simple DIN A3 paper folded together.
So if you want to be absolutely screen accurate, you just print that TOP SECRET text on one side and fold it together and your good to go.
Ah Keen eye! do you have any photos for reference?

Ah Keen eye! do you have any photos for reference?
Went through my 4K copy real quick and got as many screenshots for reference as I could find. nothing readable besides the TOP SECRET but gives an idea for a completely screen-accurate version.

Attachments

• Ref 1.PNG
    Ref 1.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 38
  • Ref 2.PNG
    Ref 2.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • Ref 3.PNG
    Ref 3.PNG
    878.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Ref 4.PNG
    Ref 4.PNG
    622.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Ref 5.PNG
    Ref 5.PNG
    424.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Ref 6.PNG
    Ref 6.PNG
    758.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Ref 7.PNG
    Ref 7.PNG
    463.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Ref 8.PNG
    Ref 8.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
  • Ref 9.PNG
    Ref 9.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 32
  • Ref 10.PNG
    Ref 10.PNG
    721.3 KB · Views: 38
But it seems to me as the word TOP would be missing on the folder cover itself.
Ah force of habit, regardless it's also hard to tell what symbol is above the SECRET, looks more square then the circular logo we've been using could possibly be the actual military intelligence logo instead

Ah force of habit, regardless it's also hard to tell what symbol is above the SECRET, looks more square then the circular logo we've been using could possibly be the actual military intelligence logo instead

I've always thought it was the Great Seal, which is also used by the Army

US_Army_Eagle.png

Went through another copy I had
Im going to print one out and take a picture at that angle for comparison, there's enough detail in that screencap to be useful.
Good idea we can try both, here's the highest res I could get on the folder, seems to show a slightly more amount of detail. also included even more high res versions that show the page layout. I'm certain the original prop was just the A3 Folder and two copies of the same "Tanis Development" message due to the same typed signature at the bottom.

Attachments

• Ref 11.PNG
    Ref 11.PNG
    650.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Ref 12.PNG
    Ref 12.PNG
    619.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Ref 13.PNG
    Ref 13.PNG
    532.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Ref 14.PNG
    Ref 14.PNG
    761.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Ref 15.PNG
    Ref 15.PNG
    736.2 KB · Views: 30
While also looking into the folder, I've gone through the effort of making the most screen-accurate version of the page featured in the original scene, of course all of the text besides the bold TOP SECRET is invented but I think the placement of the text here makes the most logical sense down to the passage Colonel Musgrove reads from being on the same line. Let me know of any possible tweaks or other ideas!

EDIT: Updated slightly for added dots

Attachments

• Screen Accurate TANIS Page.png
    Screen Accurate TANIS Page.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
While also looking into the folder, I've gone through the effort of making the most screen-accurate version of the page featured in the original scene, of course all of the text besides the bold TOP SECRET is invented but I think the placement of the text here makes the most logical sense down to the passage Colonel Musgrove reads from being on the same line. Let me know of any possible tweaks or other ideas!
I flipped the image so it's easier to see. Looks like the damn Ark. Lol. Obviously not, but thats the first thing that came to mind.

Attachments

• 20230817_111634.jpg
    20230817_111634.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230817_111700.jpg
    20230817_111700.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 16

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back