Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

Don't know if any pictures have been posted of IJ 5, but I bought an IJ magazine at the checkout stand and the last article is about IJ 5 with pics. Looks like it's set in 1969.

20211226_182430.jpg
20211226_182450.jpg
20211226_182516.jpg
20211226_182524.jpg
20211226_182557.jpg
20211226_182604.jpg
20211226_182617.jpg
20211226_182640.jpg
20211226_182711.jpg
20211226_182716.jpg

Last edited:
My brother is a computer animation instructor/digital compositor, and works with Unreal 5. Given the recent tech demo with the new Matrix film release/game using Unreal 5, I asked him what was to stop companies from using that engine to make a photo real feature length animated film.... and he says it's inevitable. It's already being though about. Imagine an Indiana Jones 6 with Indy at whatever age you want, in whatever setting you want, in whatever location you desire.

James Cameron's Avatar films being an example, where mo-cap data is translated into ultra real character models and giving the film maker unlimited possibilities

For Example: Imagine the Timothy Zahn Thrawn trilogy books as "real life" films with ROTJ Luke, Han, and Leia in the roles, as we remember them. No need to recast the part for a look alike actor, you would just need good voice actors.

For Example: Imagine the Timothy Zahn Thrawn trilogy books as "real life" films with ROTJ Luke, Han, and Leia in the roles, as we remember them. No need to recast the part for a look alike actor, you would just need good voice actors.

The voices will be reproducible too. You just need decent reference material of the real person's voice + good enough software. They are getting close now. In fact I'm surprised it didn't happen years ago. Shouldn't voice sounds have been a lot easier than creating photo-realistic CGI human faces?

Eventually we will look back on 20th-century filmmaking as a bygone era when films cost enormous amounts of money to get anything done. People had to get together in big groups, build whole sets, dress up as characters, and shoot whole movies for real. Whoa. How impractical!

The voices will be reproducible too. You just need decent reference material of the real person's voice + good enough software. They are getting close now. In fact I'm surprised it didn't happen years ago. Shouldn't voice sounds have been a lot easier than creating photo-realistic CGI human faces?

Eventually we will look back on 20th-century filmmaking as a bygone era when films cost enormous amounts of money to get anything done. People had to get together in big groups, build whole sets, dress up as characters, and shoot whole movies for real. Whoa. How impractical!
Movie theaters will also be replaced by experiencing a movie’s story within the immersive Metaverse….all from the comfort of your pod from which you live as a gelatinous bag of water and flesh….

919DF986-7EEB-435E-A557-DB6611C35E7A.jpeg

My brother is a computer animation instructor/digital compositor, and works with Unreal 5. Given the recent tech demo with the new Matrix film release/game using Unreal 5, I asked him what was to stop companies from using that engine to make a photo real feature length animated film.... and he says it's inevitable. It's already being though about. Imagine an Indiana Jones 6 with Indy at whatever age you want, in whatever setting you want, in whatever location you desire.

James Cameron's Avatar films being an example, where mo-cap data is translated into ultra real character models and giving the film maker unlimited possibilities

Someone (nVidia?) released a tech demo not too long ago where they have an AI program that can now match dialogue to a computer model. So the AI will animate the model to precisely follow the dialogue recorded. So start matching up all this tech and it's a matter of time. My dad always said that eventually they won't need actors because of tech like this. I wouldn't go that far, but I think it could open up what you can do with a property. Like you said, make animated versions of Star Wars that they wouldn't want to invest feature movie money in.

i swear to god this is disneys goal

I see avatar was mentioned. What they are doing is beyond next level. Real time Character and environment models while within real world environments. It's like watching the movie as it's being filmed. You'll see similar as in the making of Solo and the train heist, similar is an understatement. The technology is there to replace and create a digital actor. What would be lacking is the seat of the pants acting ability. Replicating a replacement is one thing. Having that compete with human action and reaction is another. Maybe in 20 years AI and action/reaction will be believable. It's starting to sound like the matrix 4.

According to what I've read on ThrowMeTheWhip on Instagram, Anthony Ingruber is in this movie. His exact role hasn't been confirmed, but he's in it. This is just what he posted and he doesn't have a record of posting clickbait.

Last edited:
I'm guessing we will see Anthony Ingruber's body with a CGI young Harrison face on it.

Even when they are planning to do a CGI face swap, it still works better to use a body double who resembles the CGI model as much as possible.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back