Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

This dude just turned 79.

The notion that he's going to be playing an action hero is ****ing absurd. I get that people want to relive the glory days, and fans want to have another romp with their favorite hero, but ***** people...it is time to MOVE ON.

The notion that he's going to be playing an action hero is ****ing absurd. I get that people want to relive the glory days, and fans want to have another romp with their favorite hero, but ***** people...it is time to MOVE ON.

This thread is for people who are interested in the upcoming film. As you are clearly not, why not take your own advice and move on?

This thread is for discussion of the film itself. It's not limited to only folks who are excited about it.

If you don't like it, feel free to report me to the mods/admins, skip over my posts, or block me.
I recall this exact same issue coming up when the first of the last batch of Star Wars films came out, and a thread was created to discuss it. People who loved the film complained because the people who didn't were also expressing their feelings. The butt hurt was so bad that MODS had to create two different threads, one for those who loved it and one for those who didn't, just so people wouldn't cry that someone opposed their own feelings. That pretty much sums up the world we live in today... gone are the days of healthy debates.

I recall this exact same issue coming up when the first of the last batch of Star Wars films came out, and a thread was created to discuss it. People who loved the film complained because the people who didn't were also expressing their feelings. The butt hurt was so bad that MODS had to create two different threads, one for those who loved it and one for those who didn't, just so people wouldn't cry that someone opposed their own feelings. That pretty much sums up the world we live in today... gone are the days of healthy debates.
For the last one or TLJ? My recollection is a little different, but it's been a while. As I recall, the TLJ thread wound up being, like, 4-ish people talking regularly and others only occasionally posting. One guy spoke up positively, 3 folks were negative, and in the end, I don't think the mods themselves created a new thread as much as the one positive guy did to just discuss more general things.

To be fair, the negativity in the TLJ thread got...not good. Like, personal attacks and general obnoxiousness, and an overall air of toxicity. Other threads have been a bit better. Regardless, pretty much all threads here end up having a mix of opinions on a given property, and it's fine. We can discuss. I think it's goofy to have a near-80-year-old action hero, regardless of how fit Harrison Ford is for an almost-80-year-old. Someone else is super pumped about it. Fine and dandy. I'm not gonna belabor the point or try to ruin their fun, but I'm also not going to be told I'm not allowed to speak in the thread because my opinion differs.

Heck, if HF was to play IJ in say 2008 he would have been too old even at that point. Good thing it didn't happen

On a more serious note, HF clearly loves the playing IJ. I wonder why he didn't push for more movies earlier? He would have enough mony to be bank roll them/be executive producer after the thrid movie

I'm also of the opnion that more IJ movies could have been made without Lucas/Spielberg at that point ..

I still would love to see some scripts written, and put HF in the recording booth. Get his vocal performances down for a handful of films. Then in the future either do animated movies with his vocals for the character, or do the deep fake performances with his voice. I mean, we could have a film every 5 years after his passing, which might be kind of cool.

For the last one or TLJ? My recollection is a little different, but it's been a while. As I recall, the TLJ thread wound up being, like, 4-ish people talking regularly and others only occasionally posting. One guy spoke up positively, 3 folks were negative, and in the end, I don't think the mods themselves created a new thread as much as the one positive guy did to just discuss more general things.

To be fair, the negativity in the TLJ thread got...not good. Like, personal attacks and general obnoxiousness, and an overall air of toxicity. Other threads have been a bit better. Regardless, pretty much all threads here end up having a mix of opinions on a given property, and it's fine. We can discuss. I think it's goofy to have a near-80-year-old action hero, regardless of how fit Harrison Ford is for an almost-80-year-old. Someone else is super pumped about it. Fine and dandy. I'm not gonna belabor the point or try to ruin their fun, but I'm also not going to be told I'm not allowed to speak in the thread because my opinion differs.

THESE!!!!!!!!!!

I still would love to see some scripts written, and put HF in the recording booth. Get his vocal performances down for a handful of films. Then in the future either do animated movies with his vocals for the character, or do the deep fake performances with his voice. I mean, we could have a film every 5 years after his passing, which might be kind of cool.

This sounds like Hell to me. Like the rumors of a new movie with James Deen digitally brought to life using AI and CG to mimic his vocal patterns and all that to cast him in a role someone else could have done.

That's an indicator of a dead culture when we can't pursue new ideas and just---literally---resuscitate dead ones in furthering deluded ways. Just let things die, if we can't as a society accept that, then I'd be glad for a comet to just strike Earth at that point.

Last edited:
This sounds like Hell to me. Like the rumors of a new movie with James Deen digitally brought to life using AI and CG to mimic his vocal patterns and all that to cast him in a role someone else could have done.

That's an indicator of a dead culture when we can't pursue new ideas and just---literally---resuscitate dead ones in furthering deluded ways. Just let things die, if we can't as a society accept that, then I'd be glad for a comet to just strike Earth at that point.

Have you looked at the news the past couple of years or listened to music the past 20 years? We are already living in a dead culture. Give me back Bogart already! :D

Obviously its waaaaaaaay too early to make any judgment calls on this movie...at least for me. That said, a lot of the leaked set photos are showing some really cool looking setups. Looks like at the very least we're in store for some really fun action scenes.

classicmovies.jpg

Absolutely love Bogart but haven't lost faith that eventually we'll get through this period of filmmaking and move toward something better than the past and not need to constantly re-live it.

I hope Harrison Ford gets what he wants from being in this movie and that it turns out to be an amazing conclusion to this franchise.

Absolutely love Bogart but haven't lost faith that eventually we'll get through this period of filmmaking and move toward something better than the past and not need to constantly re-live it.
Back in the 1950s and 1960s, Westerns were everything. Western movies, western TV shows, country music, etc. The final nail in the coffin was the Space Race, specifically the Gemini and Apollo missions. Eventually, we got over westerns, but it took a huge cultural moment to shift our focus away from them. In the 1980s, slasher movies were huge. Between 1980 and 1989, you were guaranteed to have either Jason, Michael Myers, Freddy Kreuger, or Leatherface chopping up some helpless teenagers, usually multiple times every year. Eventually, the movies got SO BAD that they became spoofs of themselves and studios stopped making them.

It may take 10 years, but eventually we WILL start seeing more original content again.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back