In your opinion - what's the WORST Pixar movie?

While it was necessarily bad, I would says Cars was my least favorite. Just couldn't buy into the concept. I kept thinking things like, how can they reproduce? How did they evolve? etc...

Wouldn't that be the inherent problem with any of Pixar's movies, then? Did you question where other toys came from, in the Toy Story movies? You never saw Bo and Woody sneak off to do the nasty - and the movie even hinted at THEIR love-life. I don't recall anything in Cars that suggested baby cars or the need for reproduction.

In the land of Cars, cars are like people. Instead of being born, they're assembled. If you want to fantasize about their sex lives, they have tailpipes and dipsticks - do the math. When a mommy car and a daddy car are in love, he puts his dipstick in her tailpipe and 24 hours later (allowing time for the paint cure in the booth) a new baby car is born.

Where does their life force come from? Who knows? Where do the toys get their magical properties from? Where do rats go to learn english - in France, no less? What jobs did bugs have before they decided to run off and join the flea circus? How did the old man and the kid go to the bathroom while the house was loating around? The plumbing was ripped from the ground, so you can't flush, shower, wash your hands or a myriad of other problems not addressed by Pixar. You just have to let your imagination run wiold.

The point is, you can't hate a movie for the simple fact that something seems implausible - especially when the company's entire line-up of franchises is based on the implausible. If that's the case, you either love every movie, or hate every movie, equally. It's like saying; I like Superman: the movie, but hate Superman 2, because, in Superman 2, Superman flies.

-Fred

I have to say that my two least favorites are Cars and A Bug's Life, I enjoyed them both but they sit at the bottom of my list of Pixar movies.

Unlike a lot of people here I really liked both Ratatouille, Up, & Wall-E with the first two right up there with The Incredibles which is probably my favorite Pixar movie. One of the things that I liked the most in Ratatouille was how they visualized taste as this swirl of colors and fireworks, I thought that was a really clever way of visualizing something that can't be visualized.

In the land of Cars, cars are like people. Instead of being born, they're assembled. If you want to fantasize about their sex lives, they have tailpipes and dipsticks - do the math. When a mommy car and a daddy car are in love, he puts his dipstick in her tailpipe and 24 hours later (allowing time for the paint cure in the booth) a new baby car is born.
Tailpipe??? :eek You didn't pay much attention in sex-ed, did you? :p

But seriously, I agree with your point. Just about any film can be nit-picked to death; it's up to each person to decide for themselves how much they want to suspend disbelief. That said, I'm often surprised at the things people will focus on and use as their reasoning for why they liked or disliked any given movie.

Last edited:
Uh... This may be the worst Pixar movie.. that isn't exactly a Pixar movie... but comes from a Pixar movie.... so Pixar is responsible. It's just....

....PLANES

Where did I... where did I put that shot gun from the Colonial Marines thread....

*scuffles around*

I'm the one person in the world who doesn't care for The Incredibles.

Meet #2---I am right there with you! I do NOT see why everyone loves The Incredibles. I couldn't get into it and didn't really care for it.

I feel the exact same way about Ratatouille---that is the only Pixar movie that I could not even finish watching. Story did not interest me (rats in the kitchen, really?) and I didn't care about any of the characters. I Quit watching after maybe 45 minutes.

My bottom 3 are: Up, Incredibles, and Ratatouille

As for some of the comments on UP I would have to agree I didn't like crying some ten minutes into the movie. But a good movie all around.

Agree. I loved that those bas****s at Pixar can make me blubber like a little girl any...time...they...want. :lol That's absolute mastery of character, that is: inside ten minutes they can introduce you to a character, make you love her and then stab you in the heart by killing her. Sheer genius.

That said, while that film was a total tour de force as a character piece, it is kinda a tragedy - even if you get past Ellie's death, it's still not that uplifting, at least not if you over-think it. Carl is essentially living out an afterlife; it's great that he finally finds a stand-in son and something to live for but he's not going to live much longer himself. Equally, the boy still has a real dad who remains distant or absent. What if Carl dies next month? You're just not meant to ask these questions, obviously. Think within the boundaries the film-makers set and it's a happier movie.

Wish I could take my own advice. :lol

attachment.php

I think we got a strong contender for the worst Pixar film folks. And I'm not just looking at the numbers either. A lot of reviews on RT are telling me that my worst fear has just been realized. Mater is the gawddang main character of the film.

This is not going to be pretty.

Cars is my least favorite, and I'm really worried about Cars 2 from what I've seen. The premise of Cars 2 smacks me of 'Straight to DVD' air about it.

Uh... This may be the worst Pixar movie.. that isn't exactly a Pixar movie... but comes from a Pixar movie.... so Pixar is responsible. It's just....

....PLANES

Where did I... where did I put that shot gun from the Colonial Marines thread....

*scuffles around*

Cars 2 justified my fear, THIS solidifies it. They're going to milk it for all it's worth and saturate the "Cars/Planes world" until people will hate it.

I was SO hoping Pixar wouldn't be absorbed into the Disney culture just yet and retain some of it's independence, but I'm afraid the Pixar that was may have left us and now we have to deal with the new Pixar. :cry

While it was necessarily bad, I would says Cars was my least favorite. Just couldn't buy into the concept. I kept thinking things like, how can they reproduce? How did they evolve? etc...

To me, Cars was too creepy. A world with nothing living, only machines. I have a theory the "Cars" world is actually Skynet after 'Phase III' of their systematic purge.

• Phase I - elimination of the human race
  • Phase II - clean up this mess after the war's over
  • Phase III - rebuild an all-machine society
And ta-da! Cars! :lol

Ok, the movie is out, the reviews are in and the people have spoken. Did Cars perform better with the more average critics in the ratings?

attachment.php

Oh.... oh.

So, anyone see it yet? :angel

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back